Harold Camping Says "Flabbergasted" b...

Harold Camping Says "Flabbergasted" by Lack of Rapture

There are 158 comments on the www.huliq.com story from May 23, 2011, titled Harold Camping Says "Flabbergasted" by Lack of Rapture. In it, www.huliq.com reports that:

In the aftermath of a non-event, radio evangelist Harold Camping was cornered at his house in Alameda, CA, by local media on Sunday, and the main word he uttered with response to the lack of the 2011 Rapture was "flabbergasted." Harold Camping heads up Family Radio, a station based in Oakland, CA which, according to Wikipedia, spans more than 150 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huliq.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
brownt

Burnaby, Canada

#1 May 23, 2011
Ghostbusters movie predicts the end of the work on February 14, 2016. Valentines day.
the way it was

Brooksville, FL

#2 May 23, 2011
Harold Camping is the same guy that went camping and attempted to start a campfire by farting on 2 wooden sticks. After numerous attempts, the fire never got started.
He ended up folding his tent and going to Burger King.

Rapture .......... my a-ss !
sue

United States

#3 May 23, 2011
The guy is a nut and should not have been given the media coverage he got.
sue

United States

#4 May 23, 2011
Camping needs to read his bible.
Sentinel

Jonquičre, Canada

#5 May 23, 2011
sue wrote:
Correct.

The Bible makes it quite clear that man cannot know the hour of Armageddon, Christ's Second Coming, the Day of Judgement etc...

Camping is just a false preacher, a rip off, a whack job nut who has his Biblical theology all messed up and wrong.

Never Trust Politrickians

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 May 23, 2011
Sentinel wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
The Bible makes it quite clear that man cannot know the hour of Armageddon, Christ's Second Coming, the Day of Judgement etc...
Camping is just a false preacher, a rip off, a whack job nut who has his Biblical theology all messed up and wrong.
You are correct.... but he has made $150,000,000.00 in the process.
sue

United States

#7 May 23, 2011
Sentinel wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Not only a nut, but an embaresment to Christians. And of course the media played it for all its worth.
USA

El Paso, TX

#8 May 23, 2011
I did like I said I was going to. I bbq'd and played with kids and woke up the next morning to the S.O.S. different day.
Desert Dweller

Reno, NV

#9 May 23, 2011
the starship Enterprise hasn't been built yet, although some alien ships might have the technology to beam masses of people off the planet.

To me, that sounds less unlikely.

Though I was raised Christian, I remember doubting the rapture even as a kid.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#10 May 23, 2011
sue wrote:
I think Camping knows the bible, but he wanted to play G-d and pretty much scoffed at what G-d didn’t want anyone to know. Camping tried to prove that he can figure his G-d out.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#11 May 23, 2011
Look at the bright side. President O'Bama & Vice President Biden were not ushered into heaven Saturday, leaving us with a President Boehner & a Republican government.

Republican government. Teabaggers ruling. Now THAT would be hell on earth!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#12 May 23, 2011
"People will have to pick up their lives, now that the End has not come. That includes some who quit there jobs in advance of the date, and even gave all their money to Family Radio so the company could promote May 21 as the End of Days." ------

This is what happens when the weak-minded pay attention to con-men. Unfortunately, it will be the tax-payer that has to help these fools get back on their feet.

“So Hillary Blames the Universe”

Since: Jun 08

..for being unpopular..

#13 May 23, 2011
Isn't this about the 4th time he is flabbergasted?

“IT'S a Scream!”

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#14 May 23, 2011
Never Trust Politrickians wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.... but he has made $150,000,000.00 in the process.
Flabbergasted all the way to the bank!

yernogoood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#15 May 23, 2011
Keith Bauer, a 38-year-old tractor trailer driver, took a road trip with his family to see the Grand Canyon before the world ended.
"With maxed-out credit cards and a growing mountain of bills, he said, the rapture would have been a relief," the paper writes.
What a phqng MORON!! Hey Keith, maybe you just end it huh?
Robert Fitzpatrick, who spent $140,000 of his life savings to advertise the rapture in New York, said he was dumbfounded when life went on as usual Saturday.
"I do not understand why ...," he told Reuters while awaiting the event in Times Square. "I do not understand why nothing has happened."
MORON!!! Hey Bob, go with Keith there and uh..take care of business!
Hhahahaahaha..I phqng love freaks!!
FedUp

Denver, CO

#16 May 23, 2011
It's not his fault Obamas incompetent.
He ran out of funds to buy off the 4 Horse Men.
As soon as the debt gets raised he can make his Bribe.
Iron Mike Tyson

Brooksville, FL

#17 May 23, 2011
If I run across Harold Camping, I'll bite both of his ears off.
sue

United States

#18 May 23, 2011
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think Camping knows the bible, but he wanted to play G-d and pretty much scoffed at what G-d didn’t want anyone to know. Camping tried to prove that he can figure his G-d out.
If he knew his bible he would have known it says only the Father knows the day and time. Camping is decieved and thinks more of himself than he should.

Since: May 11

Jacksonville, FL

#19 May 23, 2011
play any lotto or sweepstakes lately? news agencies have basically setup a sort of information "dragnet" to prevent our country from being flooded with cash - then they can say its all scams

most need contact (address, phone number etc)

Addison, IL

#20 May 23, 2011
Remember this next year when you hear 2012 will be the end. Again and again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alameda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protesters end ledge protest at UC Berkeley (Mar '11) 5 hr The Truth 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Big Ray 21,271
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) Sat Fair Balanced 17,931
End white supremacy now Dec 5 World view WVW 4
News Cap-and trade policy won't get California to it... Dec 3 Solarman 1
News Entrance to Temple Israel in Alameda Aug '17 SpankyMcdoogle 1
News Courts unifying computer systems (May '06) May '17 Your Service Prov... 3

Alameda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alameda Mortgages