Quiznos under fire

Quiznos under fire

There are 16 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 16, 2007, titled Quiznos under fire. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

In 2003, 40 percent of Quiznos restaurants weren't breaking even, an attorney for the Denver-based chain said in a memo that surfaced recently in court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

ANON

Akron, OH

#1 Jul 16, 2007
Just try to find Quiznos nutritional information.
a voice

Warren, OH

#2 Jul 16, 2007
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!
Bore Vidal

Akron, OH

#3 Jul 16, 2007
Time to boycott this callous, greedy company.

“At least I'm housebroken.”

Since: Jun 07

Canton, OH

#4 Jul 16, 2007
This is typical for a franchise business. Some franchisees make it and some don't. Of course, the ones that don't are going to cry foul.
Joel Libava Franpro

Gastonia, NC

#5 Jul 16, 2007
Sometimes franchises look good on the "outside".
As a potential franchise owner, you must first decide how you want to spend your day as the franchise owner..hours, days of the week, etc.
The food business is 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is the toughest business to own.
Quizno's has been looked at as a negative in my industry for a couple of years. Check out my blog-
The Franchise King
Stupid Excuse

North Royalton, OH

#6 Jul 16, 2007
ANON wrote:
Just try to find Quiznos nutritional information.
Umm...so? Have you bothered asking for them? Clearly you haven't because I have seen them in the store near me.
Voice of Fact

North Royalton, OH

#7 Jul 16, 2007
The Big Lebowski wrote:
This is typical for a franchise business. Some franchisees make it and some don't. Of course, the ones that don't are going to cry foul.
I couldn't agree more. Perhaps these owners that are suing have a point. I certainly see their point in the 20k non-refundable fee and the company has yet to give them a location. I'd be pissed too.

But just because it's a Quizno's does not mean it'll work everywhere. BK and McD's don't find success in every single location. I've seen more BK's and McD's close up locations than in the past.
pugilist1

Lubbock, TX

#8 Jul 16, 2007
Stupid Excuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...so? Have you bothered asking for them? Clearly you haven't because I have seen them in the store near me.
The nutritional value You find are only for two subs the bourbon chicken and the smoked turkey, the other sandwiches nutritional values are so high it would make most people not patronize. Also to the doubters who believe that Quiznos is like other franchises. They say the national avg that a quiznos subs is $434,000.00 a yr. in the northeast region of ohio out of 83 stores there are only 4 stores that meet that. The rest are from the high $290 to Low $300 thousand range. Quiznos grew to fast and saturated areas that indirectly caused franchise owners to go bankrupt. there food cost is so high that get n go, and subway can lower sandwiches to $5.00 for a 12 in sub. the penny profit per sandwich because of there food cost is half the amount of quiznos.
jonb

Chandler, AZ

#9 Jul 18, 2007
Well I know that I will never eat there again, and I will spread word about their unethical business practices so others boycott as well.

BOYCOTT QUIZNOS.
Q owner

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Jul 18, 2007
jonb wrote:
Well I know that I will never eat there again, and I will spread word about their unethical business practices so others boycott as well.
BOYCOTT QUIZNOS.
So basically you will performa a half-informed smear campaign to ruin the business of the majority of independent Quiznos franchise holders who are doing well with the franchise out of a misguided sense of justice against a corporation you really know nothing about outside this article.

Thanks. The people whose lives you personally ruin will surely thank you for your crusade.
Concerned in CA

AOL

#11 Jul 21, 2007
I just signed a contract to buy an existing location contingent
on financials etc. Do you have any current information about this company. THe home office does not relate any information
until you own your location.
ANON

Akron, OH

#12 Jul 26, 2007
Stupid Excuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I've asked and they always seem to be out. There is also no information on their web site, and if you do a quick search on the internet you can find many people bringing up the same issue. Maybe your one sotre in Cleveland has the information but most do not.
gr1ff1ns

United States

#13 Nov 23, 2007
Typically the FO must send their financials to a Quiznos approved accountant every week. I think Quiznos and the accountant communicate about the numbers. Becasue if the FO is falsafying numers he/she sends to corporate to pay lower royalties, then his numbers may differ from what the accoutant gets. If a FO was smart and had time he would send lower sales to corporate to avoid royaty and advertsisng dollars and lower taxable sales to the accountant to avoid the State Board of Equalization gettting sales tax revenue. That being said both practices are fraudulent and could subject you to fines, penalties and of course JAIL. Tax evasion is a felony folks. Besides I am in my Quiznos 30-40 hours a week besides another job and it would be very tiresome and risky to run 3 differeent set of books; I would get caught eventually. Location is key and your neighbors are even more important. If you open a Quiznos next to a big lots, a water sore and a first bargain or 99 cent store you are going to lose. If you open next to a starbucks, in a mall, next to a panda express your chances of success are much greater.

“Lohio Bound”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#14 Nov 24, 2007
Bring back the Sponge Monkeys!
quiznos himself

Benton Harbor, MI

#15 Jan 8, 2008
listen im not doing anything bad here. im just making sandwitches. Sometimes lives need to be taken in order to create the ULTIMATE toasted sub.
Deb

La Center, WA

#16 May 6, 2009
jonb wrote:
BOYCOTT QUIZNOS.
I agree, I went to their website and complained about this "HORRIBLE" commercial...everyone should do the same. I for one will NEVER eat at Quiznos again....what a bunch of Losers with no morals or values...!!! Debi S. in La Center Washington

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CrAkron needs a New Brand... Mon Homeless Wino Pete 4
News Third suit filed over fake 'scared straight' co... Sun Thoughtbot 3
dirty ernie ansley....... Apr 20 Black lives matter 3
Cascade Plaza Bank ROBBED! Apr 20 Black lives matter 1
Brandi Turkovich? (May '17) Apr 19 tom pity 2
News Ohio Brewing Co. is coming to Italian Village U... Apr 18 Reality Speaks 2
Cuyahoga Falls Music Emporium (Oct '12) Apr 17 Musikologist 16

Akron Jobs

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages