"2016" Obama's America $26 Million

"2016" Obama's America $26 Million

Posted in the Akron Forum

Fact Finder

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2012
'OBAMA'S AMERICA' GAINS GROUND

Among the few notable spots was the anti-President Barack Obama documentary "2016: Obama's America." It boosted its cumulative total to more than $26 million

One of the Only Bright spots for Movies this weekend...
That should tell you something....
...and that something IS....

Go see "2016" ASAP before they shhot themselves in the "money" foot and Pull the movie from the theatres
Union Autoworker

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2012
The Rocky Mountain Pictures film benefitted from the runup to the Republican National Convention. Now the anti-Obama film is hot in 2012′s battleground states where GOP candidate Mitt Romney and President Obama are campaigning the heaviest: Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, Georgia, Illinois, Arizona.(California and New York and Texas also are listed in the Top 10 states contributing the most gross dollars to the documentary’s box office.)

Based on conservative author Dinesh D’Souza’s 2010 best-selling book The Roots Of Obama’s Rage, it initially opened in only one theater in Houston on July 13th, then expanded to 1,000+ theaters and now 2,000+ locations. by Friday. 2016 Obama’s America is co-directed by D’Souza and John Sullivan and produced by Academy Award winner Gerald R. Molen (co-producer of Schindler’s List). 2016 Obama’s America detractors decry it as a slick infomercial heavy with conspiracy theories. But D’Souza says he made the film to motivate moviegoers to question what an Obama second term would look like.
One Person

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2012
I read the book and saw the film. As you say D’Souza doesn’t present any “hateful” information. In fact he points out that his own skin color is darker than Obama. What makes the movie and the book interesting is that D’Souza points out how similar his and Obama’s backgrounds actually are. That unique perspective is what caused D’Souza to have an insight into Obama that no one else seemed to recognize. I am not aware of any information presented that is being disputed. None. It is almost all taken from Obama’s own words and the rest is all meticulously documented. Obama may be a “nice guy” and good at reading from a teleprompter, but he is absolutely the worst president in any of our lifetimes. He is a complete disaster and this film does a good job of explaining why he has done so much that is bad for this country.
One Person

United States

#4 Sep 10, 2012
Too too sad…. Comparing this …. Comparing that … You don’t get it; the purpose for this film is to let the American people know “who is Obama ?” and they have succeeded their objective which the mainstream media fail to do. And to top it off they also having financial success doing it. To be the 2nd place political documentary in the country ( after this weekend 9/7-9/2012) & no or maybe a small budget for advertising expenditure but only word of mouth is unheard of. The showing to extended theater is no longer for profit but to give the American people around the country an opportunity to know who Obama really is before they cast their vote in Nov. As Michelle Obama said “Being president doesn’t change who you are, it reveals who you are”.

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

#5 Sep 10, 2012
The movie/documentary was beautifully and accurately done. Not anti Obama at all. In fact, Obama himself could have produced it. After all, he wrote most of the script. Everyone should see it.
I wonder

Akron, OH

#6 Sep 10, 2012
Michael Moore is spinning in his grave.

Oh, wait, he's not dead.

Let's redo that.

-----

Michael Moore is spinning in his gravy.

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

#7 Sep 10, 2012
I wonder wrote:
Michael Moore is spinning in his grave.
Oh, wait, he's not dead.
Let's redo that.
-----
Michael Moore is spinning in his gravy.
Now, that's funny. The interesting thing about the people I know that have seen 2016, plan on seeing it again. When Hunky and I walked out of the theater, we both said that not only will we see it again, but we will tell everyone we know to see it. The movie is poignantly overwhelming.
george forman

Mount Vernon, OH

#8 Sep 13, 2012
Close to $30 million box office. Encourage everyone to view the movie. Even the twits will change their mind., they'll write in Michael Moore. And Pee Wee Herman for president anyone but BAM
StarryStarry

Canton, OH

#9 Sep 13, 2012
george forman wrote:
Close to $30 million box office. Encourage everyone to view the movie. Even the twits will change their mind., they'll write in Michael Moore. And Pee Wee Herman for president anyone but BAM
Anyone who has a preconceived idea of what this movie is like, will be quite surprised. For those that are petrified that it will bash Obama, for those that are gleeful that it will bash Obama------both would be wrong. The movie does not "bash."

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#10 Sep 13, 2012
StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has a preconceived idea of what this movie is like, will be quite surprised. For those that are petrified that it will bash Obama, for those that are gleeful that it will bash Obama------both would be wrong. The movie does not "bash."
D I S I N G E N U O U S
sam the sham pharohs

United States

#11 Sep 13, 2012
RU K = Idiotic, Moronic, Stupidphucer, confused,
StarryStarry

Canton, OH

#12 Sep 13, 2012
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
D I S I N G E N U O U S
If you have not seen the movie, then your post is ridiculous and not to be taken seriously. Go and see the movie, then come back with examples of how it is anti Obama. I'm sure you have some gems to post about Neil Armstrong's Memorial Service at the National Cathedral. All of that praying and singing and 'God Talk' must have made you roll in your gravy soaked hem and choking on your beads.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#13 Sep 13, 2012
StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have not seen the movie, then your post is ridiculous and not to be taken seriously. Go and see the movie, then come back with examples of how it is anti Obama. I'm sure you have some gems to post about Neil Armstrong's Memorial Service at the National Cathedral. All of that praying and singing and 'God Talk' must have made you roll in your gravy soaked hem and choking on your beads.
I don't need to pick up a road apple to know that it smells like s**t.
george forman

Mount Vernon, OH

#14 Sep 13, 2012
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to pick up a road apple to know that it smells like s**t.
like your breath...
You're disgusting. What is in your brain must be road apples. Louie is right shitforbrains

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#15 Sep 14, 2012
I plan on viewing 2016 next week. As a fan of neither current major political party - Fascists or Socialists - HBJ will let you know.
StarryStarry

Canton, OH

#16 Sep 14, 2012
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
I plan on viewing 2016 next week. As a fan of neither current major political party - Fascists or Socialists - HBJ will let you know.
I look forward to your review.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Love him or hate him, I recommend you see it before praising or damning. Whether you sing with the choir or march with tar & feathers, whether you parrot one mantra or the other, I recommend you see it before voicing another word yea or nay.

In global politics there are apparently no longer any "good guys" as far as We the People are concerned. You pick your poison.

Old Man Grump is the lucky one. That's all I'll say.

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

#18 Sep 18, 2012
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
Love him or hate him, I recommend you see it before praising or damning. Whether you sing with the choir or march with tar & feathers, whether you parrot one mantra or the other, I recommend you see it before voicing another word yea or nay.
In global politics there are apparently no longer any "good guys" as far as We the People are concerned. You pick your poison.
Old Man Grump is the lucky one. That's all I'll say.
Fair enough Mr. Beale, fair enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Naughty Home Remodeler 1 hr Anonymous 1
News Akron Police bust Charter One Bank robber (Dec '10) Jul 13 Papz 14
News Dozens more charges filed against Ohio police i... Jun 25 Mr Shhhhh 1
News Dozens more charges filed against Akron man acc... Jun 25 Mr Shhhhh 1
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) Jun 24 BOTH partys Crooks 11
Holiday Sands (Jul '06) Jun 22 Buffalo 204
News Ask Mary Beth - Where to buy reclaimed wood (Jul '08) Jun 21 jennifer 19

Akron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages