Info about Vinitas Ave?

Info about Vinitas Ave?

Posted in the Akron Forum

Tar Heel Buckeye

Hoytville, OH

#1 Mar 4, 2013
We're moving from southern Lorain County to west side of Akron in a few months. I'm wondering about Vinitas Ave. There's a house for sale that looks good that's immediately adjacent to the back of Buchtel HS...right behind the bleachers in fact.

The other houses on the street look good but but there are a couple of others for sale as well and all are selling for a good bit below what the asking price in, say, Walhaven or Northwest Akron would be.

I'm wondering if the proximity to the school causes problems for the street. I'd expect lots of football game noise on fall Friday nights but does the street have lots of football related traffic (folks looking for a parking space, for example)? Is there a lot of student traffic/activity on school days? Any other issues?

I don't have any illusions about that section of Akron in general. It's a good house at a very good price, so I wouldn't mind locking my door when I leave the house and at night but I am looking for quiet and reasonably safe.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#2 Mar 4, 2013
In that part of town, locking your doors won't prevent a house from getting burned to the ground.

Steer clear of CrAkron. Crime is insane & sewer rates have just gone sky-high. Try Cuyahoga Falls.
Whitey Robard

Yorba Linda, CA

#3 Mar 4, 2013
Right Howard! That new mall that the Mayor is building will replace old sexy rex's tower to no where, as the place to be seen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuyahoga Falls Music Emporium (Oct '12) 4 hr Musikologist 13
News Akron criminal defense attorney arrested in ste... 23 hr Al Anavar 1
News Man shot, injured by Akron police after attempt... Nov 28 Walking Boss 1
wino pete Nov 27 Thomas Turkey 3
News Akron man pleads guilty to murdering one woman,... Nov 24 Walkin Boss 1
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Nov 23 Akron Pigs 2
im pooping is back (Jan '14) Nov 22 lil Tyree 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages