Palin swipes at Obama, media

Palin swipes at Obama, media

There are 532 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 4, 2008, titled Palin swipes at Obama, media. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

ST. PAUL, MINN.: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin claimed her historic spot on the Republican ticket Wednesday night, uncorking a smiling, slashing attack on Barack Obama and vowing to help presidential candidate John ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Locke

Akron, OH

#101 Sep 4, 2008
The Big Lebowski wrote:
You forgot to cite the Daily Kos as well. It's always interesting to watch liberals cite left wing media, while conservatives cite right wing sources.

Its too bad the mainstream media lost it's independent identity and journalistic standard of integrity.

Makes it harder to find what the truth actually is...
Okay

Elyria, OH

#102 Sep 4, 2008
cump wrote:
To say Governor Sarah Palin's speech last night was anything but extraordinary, would show the outright ignorance in the person suggesting it.
Governor Palin eloquently and factually spoke of the differences between a leader with executive experience, and a celebrity attempting to hide his lack of executive experience. By stating when SHE was a mayor...(read she was "kinda like a organizer...but with actual responsibility") begins to factually lay out that SHE is more qualified in executive decisions than Barry. Add to that John McCain at the top of the ballot, and you have a Presidential ticket that is unparalleled.
While initially, I had some doubts regarding the decision to place Sarah Palin as the Vice Presidential nominee, they are now gone. I now heartily offer my support to this team, as all level headed individuals should now offer theirs to John McCain and Sarah Palin.
The facts that were brought out last night were vast...experience-McCain\non experience-Obama, use your career for change-McCain\change your career-Obama, LESS TAXES-McCain\MORE TAXES-Obama, lifelong dedication to the US-McCain\lifelong dedication to uh, well, with 130 non votes..uh standing up for the far left-Obama.
As I heard this morning...Mama Palin last night picked up and spanked Obama\Biden. I can only agree with that summation.
If anyone was listening, you no longer can dispute the intelligence, experience, and sound principles which only John McCain and Sarah Palin offer in this election cycle., experience, and sound principles which only John McCain and Sarah Pallin offer in this election cycle.
cump
She was a Mayor of 5800 people and took a very long leave and became Governor years later of a state of 680000 people. Not to mention Alaska is so far removed from the rest of the country. Alaskan dont vote and for the most part anti- goverment.
She very well could be a great VP but you have to admit she does lack experience. I do not think Obama is a better canadate but he does have more all around professional experience. Im stil going to vote for John Mccain but she does scare me a little.
just plain mad

Akron, OH

#103 Sep 4, 2008
The Big Lebowski wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about administrative/executive experience? John McCain doesn't have any either, and the last time I checked, he is the one running for president.
Seriously, this entire administrative/executive experience is nothing more than a red herring. We have had some outstanding presidents that didn't have any administrative/executive experience and some horrible ones that did.
Moreover, her administrative/executive experience isn't exactly anything to write home about. She has proven herself to be a "borrow and spend Republican". She might not raise your taxes, but she will deficit spend like a college kid with a new credit card.
true but obama wants to spend our income in the same manner. he thinks we should take care of the entire world when we can't even take care of our own homeless problem.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#104 Sep 4, 2008
Skooch wrote:
The United States has become a cartoon. It can't get much worse.
oh yes! it can get worse!! obama and biden will pt the final nail in the coffin if they get the public nod!!
Locke

Akron, OH

#105 Sep 4, 2008
DMF wrote:
She needs to keep her big, fat mouth shut and take care of things with her family. Selecting her is such a stupid, typical "go old boy" Republican thing. They figure if the put a woman on the ticket, all the women will vote for her. I wouldn't even consider it! It truly shows how out of touch the GOP is with the voters.
The only thing truly disappointing thing about democracy is that your vote counts the same as mine.:(
Obama Hates Women

Garden Grove, CA

#106 Sep 4, 2008
TWO HISTORIC CANDIDACIES:

For the first time, the REPUBLICANS have nominated a WOMAN to be their Vice-Presidential pick. This accomplished and talented woman, Sarah Palin, could be the first woman to ever break through the glass ceiling of the White House.

The DEMOCRATS also have a historic candidacy. They have nominated Barack Obama, who is the least experienced and least qualified candidate to ever be nominated by a major party.

Which historic candidacy will you support?

McCain/Palin 2008

“At least I'm housebroken.”

Since: Jun 07

Canton, OH

#107 Sep 4, 2008
Locke wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to cite the Daily Kos as well. It's always interesting to watch liberals cite left wing media, while conservatives cite right wing sources.
Its too bad the mainstream media lost it's independent identity and journalistic standard of integrity.
Of course, instead of providing anything to refute the assertion I made and the sources I provided, you simply chose to attack the sources themselves. Merely saying that since the mainstream media reported the facts, the facts have to be wrong is nothing more than a logical fallacy. You have proven nothing other than you can't make a logical argument.

Thanks for playing.
Y-Knot

Columbus, OH

#108 Sep 4, 2008
The Big Lebowski wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of them have asked people to pray to God to ask him for help in getting a pipeline built? Or come out and said that we are in a war due to God's will?
I read the link you posted earlier and could not find where Palin stated we were in a war due to God's will.
This is the quote from your link:“That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.”
If there is something else that I missed, please post that link.
Legal View

Canton, OH

#109 Sep 4, 2008
The Big Lebowski wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with her faith, as long as she doesn't wear it on her coat sleeve and expect all of us to believe the same fairy-tale. Asking people to pray for peace is one thing. Asking them to pray to build a pipeline is quite another. Expecting them to believe that we are in war in Iraq due to the will of God is sheer lunacy.
If there is a creator God, then he is the God of peace and war and pipelines. It's illogical to assert that it's acceptable to pray to the God over all about some things but not others - your position as i understand it.
think

Akron, OH

#110 Sep 4, 2008
Are you serious? The republicans spin doctors actually have you now believing that Obama is now a washington "elite" and was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? You've got to be kidding? As an undecided voter you really should check your facts for accuracy before accepting these speeches at face value.
UnDecided wrote:
After hearing Palin speak last night I may be moving twords McCain. It was refreshing to hear someone that has not been a lifelong politician. She seems to really want to make a change. It is also nice to see someone that does not have to start out with I am a Harvard or Yale or some other elite school graduate. She is just a normal person like me that graduated from a state college because that is what we could afford. We did not have the silver spoon of mom and dad, or the government to pay for it. I am starting my lean but it is a long time before the election, I guess anything can happen.

Canton, OH

#111 Sep 4, 2008
just plain mad wrote:
<quoted text>true but obama wants to spend our income in the same manner. he thinks we should take care of the entire world when we can't even take care of our own homeless problem.
I do not disagree. He is a typical tax and spend liberal. He has never seen a problem that he doesn't think can't be fixed by throwing more money at it.

See, this is where people have a grave misunderstanding. I am not an Obama supporter. I will not be voting for him in the general election.

On the other hand, I don't think McCain is a whole lot better or different. Conservatives bemoaned McCain as being too liberal right up until the point he got the nomination. Now, they are making him out to be a conservative icon.
On The Fence

Cleveland, OH

#112 Sep 4, 2008
Overtaxed Voter wrote:
I thought you liberals wanted to know "more about her".
Make up your mind.
I, as an undecided voter, really expected her to really take advantage of the tremendous audience she was going to have -- given all of the attention she received over the past several days -- and really tell people what she is about and what she plans to do. She had an audience at her disposal that someone like Lieberman or Huckabee (for example) wouldn't have had if they were picked at a VP candidate. IMHO, I don't feel she really used it to her advantage that she could've.

I heard someone who used her time to talk alot of smack. And that's about it. I was really disappointed in whomever wrote her speech for her. Since everybody was saying how much of a "maverick" she is, not to mention everything else that's been said over the days, I was expecting her to come out, guns loaded and say how she was going to change things and set the record straight. That didn't happen, IMHO.

But when both parties are done giving themselves reach-around and stroking each other off, it would be nice if they would start laying out their plans -- in detail -- and how things in this country are going to be fixed.

And don't make us to go a website either. TELL US!!!
On The Fence

Cleveland, OH

#113 Sep 4, 2008
UnDecided wrote:
<quoted text>
Those unbiased ears, sure need some cleaning.
No, they're fine. And if you're going to respond with moronic responses like that, then be mature and back it up with something of substance. Not the p*ssy way -- hit and run.
Jake

United States

#114 Sep 4, 2008
US mag gets ripped for their flat out lies about Palin.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch...

“Put the Kool-Aid down!!”

Since: Jun 08

Torrance, CA

#115 Sep 4, 2008
Thinking out Loud 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying you have a problem with her having faith in God? Or that she believes God to work in the world?
She is a KOOK!!! Like you!!
Spirit of Reagan

Redwood City, CA

#116 Sep 4, 2008
Locke wrote:
<quoted text>
The best is when ABC cites MSNBC who cites Daily Kos. Of course all the resources are unnamed.

I'm waiting for another Dan Rather phony story.
Well at least

Akron, OH

#117 Sep 4, 2008
She's HOTT!!! She's kinda got that naughty school teacher look to her!!!! Grrrr!!! She's got my vote!!!!
Overtaxed Voter

Columbus, OH

#118 Sep 4, 2008
The Big Lebowski wrote:
Most people were in better financial shape when Clinton left the White House 8 years ago than they are today.
Which would be an issue if George Bush was running for a 3rd term.

Instead, the battle for the White House is between McCain/Palin who aren't your typical Republicans and Obama/Biden who ARE your typical liberal Democrats.

Canton, OH

#119 Sep 4, 2008
Legal View wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a creator God, then he is the God of peace and war and pipelines. It's illogical to assert that it's acceptable to pray to the God over all about some things but not others - your position as i understand it.
It all depends on what view you take of God.

Some people believe God is "hands on" and that prayer makes a difference because God takes an active role in the running of the world. These folks pray to God to help them win the lotto, get new wheels on their Dodge Omni and bang the girl next door.

Others believe God is "hands off" and that God simply pushed a button, started everything and is sitting back watching the whole thing run. They pray that God might step in if things get too far out of line and it looks like we might do ourselves in. The Founding Fathers tended to subscribe to this view.

Personally, I don't believe in any of it. However, I leave others to their beliefs so long as they don't ask me to join in on their charade.
donkeyman

Midland, OR

#120 Sep 4, 2008
do you mean to say there is a connection between the commie dems. and the commie media? im shocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know the Quattrocchis 3 hr Curious 1
News Akron launches audit of $3.8 million Oriana Hou... Jan 16 Walkin Boss 1
News Medina County revenues break pre-recession record Jan 16 Theresa 1
News Akron 51 mins ago 12:06 p.m.Family crawls on ro... Jan 15 Cool Hand Luke 2
News Oriana House challenged by opiate epidemic Jan 14 Walkin Boss 1
News Brothers plead guilty to scheme to bribe former... Jan 14 Walkin Boss 1
News Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan Plans to Meet With Tal... Jan 9 Homeless Wino Pete 2

Akron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages