Akron Beacon Journal Comments

Posted in the Akron Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bystander

Southfield, MI

#1 Sep 5, 2008
ABJ has removed topix forum. Apparently too many people had their feeling hurt.

“STUPIDITY HAS NO PREJUDICE”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 5, 2008
I noticed. They probably got tired of all the whining. Some people are just not cut out for forums lmao.
StupidStupidBJ

Akron, OH

#3 Sep 5, 2008
This feedback section is the only entertainment here. The actual BJ articles are almost always biased, inaccurate, and inflammatory. I stopped my subscription after they threatened by credit rating because they couldn't get their billing system updated correctly (You can thank Katie Perco, if she's still there, for that one).

Anonymous reader comments sometimes reveal truths that identification suppresses. Oh well, it's a doomed newspaper anyway - soon to turn into a tabloid. Actually, when I think about it, that may be an improvement.

Hey editors, your entire newspaper is offensive to me. Offensiveness seems to be an American right these days - what's the problem?? Are you afraid of a few off point, incendiary or offensive comments?? Just another example of the dumbing down of America. Oooh - he said a bad thing about me, my life is ruined ....

Sheesh ....

Oh well - this is the last time I waste my time here.

“Stupidity should be painful”

Since: Jun 08

Akron Area

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Tobie1108 wrote:
I noticed. They probably got tired of all the whining. Some people are just not cut out for forums lmao.
What's going on???

Location hidden

#5 Sep 5, 2008
San Jose Transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on???
Well ABJ got rid of Topix as their commenting host. They have a different commenting system and it sucks.
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#6 Sep 5, 2008
This is the only thing that's good about the BJ. I love baiting the conservatives and other assorted nuts here.

I don't think I can have any aliases on the new system. It also doesn't seem to give you a way to find your favorite people and torture them.

Maybe they really did take rotty seriously when he reported me...

What'll I do?

Location hidden

#7 Sep 5, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
This is the only thing that's good about the BJ. I love baiting the conservatives and other assorted nuts here.
I don't think I can have any aliases on the new system. It also doesn't seem to give you a way to find your favorite people and torture them.
What'll I do?
LOL go to topix.com and start your own forums.

Akron Area

#8 Sep 5, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
What'll I do?
What did Rotty report you for?? Were you under this name?

My computer shows Topix and it all looks the same, what am I missing? How do you guys know this information?

Akron Area

#9 Sep 5, 2008
OK, my bad. I went to my Beacon page and read the story. Sorry, been in an out today and was trying to shortcut. >:).....Guess my posts will constantly be kicked off. Maybe we should just start our own?...sjt
Starry

Macedonia, OH

#10 Sep 5, 2008
OK, my bad. I went to my Beacon page and read the story. Sorry, been in an out today and was trying to shortcut. >:).....Guess my posts will constantly be kicked off. Maybe we should just start our own?...sjt
It seems the same to me, except my fonts are different. If I'm not on Topix, where am I?
City Worker

Cleveland, OH

#11 Sep 5, 2008
Needless to say, this new system stinks! We all know what will happen. If anyone gets offended--and you know how easy it is to offend someone these days--you might get banned. Not to mention other forms of censorship---like when certain posters give some inside or behind-the-scenes info that now they won't say.

Looks like I'll be posting on the non-Beacon Journal boards.

But we can create forums like this one using Topix---so just search Topix.com for some Akron stories and we can all talk like we have been
City Worker

Cleveland, OH

#12 Sep 5, 2008
Actually, we can start our own...just by going to Topix, as we just have done, and then start a new thread based on whatever BJ article we wanna discuss. So then, anyone reading a BJ article and wanting to talk about it, can just use the Topix search engine and find us.

Remember Dyer's column today---guess Stinks and Sucks both apply to Beacon management for their new discussion system.
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#13 Sep 5, 2008
<quoted text>
What did Rotty report you for?? Were you under this name?
My computer shows Topix and it all looks the same, what am I missing? How do you guys know this information?
Rotty reported me for being mean. I think we eventually reached a common understanding. Haven't seen him for a while.
topix must still exist, but apparently the BJ doesn't link to these forums anymore.

I know the posters here weren't always nice to each other, but it's kind of draconian to take away our forum.

We may not agree on everything, but we are all united in the fact that apparently WE ARE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!

WE SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF OURSELVES!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Un-Tye-Me

Youngstown, OH

#14 Sep 5, 2008
i had to go in the back door.
Un-Tye-Me

Youngstown, OH

#15 Sep 5, 2008
could it have been my comment about the mother-in-law's medical problem ? namely a swollen mouth.
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#16 Sep 5, 2008
Un-Tye-Me wrote:
i had to go in the back door.
YAY! All the good people are finding us!

“Watch out, I might be angry...”

Since: Sep 07

North Ghetto Hill

#17 Sep 5, 2008
i think king don decreed this so there'll be no against selling the sewers comments before the election...can't have people reading that many/most people are against selling the sewers for his slush fund [slush=ice and 2 shots of bourbon]...

i'm done with ohio.com ....i'll read the news on akronnewsnow.com and look for commenters on here...

maybe we should start a forum and call it 'ABJ Exiles'???

Location hidden

#18 Sep 5, 2008
Un-Tye-Me wrote:
could it have been my comment about the mother-in-law's medical problem ? namely a swollen mouth.
ahh now we have someone to blame it on lol. I doubt it was you though, you are too funny for them to ban you.

Omaha, NE

#19 Sep 5, 2008
Tobie1108 wrote:
<quoted text>
ahh now we have someone to blame it on lol. I doubt it was you though, you are too funny for them to ban you.
No, let's blame it on Un-Tye-Me. Why not ? Actually, we'll never know but I have an idea. Never tell.

Akron Area

#20 Sep 5, 2008
buckeye in omaha wrote:
<quoted text>
No, let's blame it on Un-Tye-Me. Why not ? Actually, we'll never know but I have an idea. Never tell.
Don't think it could have been just one person. I'll bet they've issued plenty of warnings to LOTS of people and Pluto wasn't big enough to handle all of us...sjt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Mary Beth - Where to buy reclaimed wood (Jul '08) 23 hr Alexhoh 20
News Ohio.com - Montrose mystery endures (Aug '07) Oct 12 mike corsello 62
too many going missing Oct 11 coco4u 1
News Akron man's conviction upheld for toddler's murder (Jul '08) Oct 5 guesswork 61
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) Sep 20 Oneryders Daughter 13
News Feds OK plan to sell Norton Homes (Feb '08) Sep '17 leachy 10
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Sep '17 Bliss 70

Akron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages