Ravenna coach arrested for rape

Ravenna coach arrested for rape

There are 50 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Ravenna coach arrested for rape. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

A Ravenna High School basketball coach has been arrested and charged with rape. Police said 28-year-old Eric Thomas kicked in the front door of the home last Friday and assaulted a male then raped the female ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
the Easter bunny

Glen Allen, VA

#1 Jan 23, 2008
you missed a big part of this story..this is Eric Thomas the former kent state basketball star.........his retired number hangs from the rafters!!
ksu basketball

United States

#2 Jan 23, 2008
check out this link for more of the story.
http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/3186092

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#3 Jan 23, 2008
the Easter bunny wrote:
you missed a big part of this story..this is Eric Thomas the former kent state basketball star.........his retired number hangs from the rafters!!
If guilty, mebbe he'll soon be hangin' beside it.

Waiting for the full story, ABJ.
Sonar 68

Englewood, CO

#5 Jan 23, 2008
The tribe is alive. What a shame.

“At least I'm housebroken.”

Since: Jun 07

Canton, OH

#6 Jan 23, 2008
He should file a motion and have the trial moved to Summit County. Rumor has it that we treat coaches pretty well around here. Sure, he might get a little prison time, but there is always shock probation...
San Antone Bill

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jan 23, 2008
So far all we have read is what was reported. Is there going as they say the rest of the story. If what was reported is true then there is no excuse possible. This man is entitled to due process.

All we know is what we've been told. A crime was committed and someone arrested for that crime. Is the police doing any othert investigation in this matter. Is this guy a set up case? Is there other facts unknow to the reader? So let's give this guy his day in court and don't get the hangin tree ready just yet.

GHOSTRIDER-OCEAN A

Portsmouth, VA

#8 Jan 23, 2008
TERRIBLE!

OCEANA - A CIVILIZED ARMED CAMP

Since: Sep 07

United States

#10 Jan 23, 2008
The Big Lebowski wrote:
He should file a motion and have the trial moved to Summit County. Rumor has it that we treat coaches pretty well around here. Sure, he might get a little prison time, but there is always shock probation...
He can hope Shapiro gets assigned his case.
Mark

Akron, OH

#11 Jan 23, 2008
San Antone Bill wrote:
So far all we have read is what was reported. Is there going as they say the rest of the story. If what was reported is true then there is no excuse possible. This man is entitled to due process.
All we know is what we've been told. A crime was committed and someone arrested for that crime. Is the police doing any othert investigation in this matter. Is this guy a set up case? Is there other facts unknow to the reader? So let's give this guy his day in court and don't get the hangin tree ready just yet.
Must be a Kent State graduate
Maynard G Crebbs

Bedford, OH

#12 Jan 23, 2008
the Easter bunny wrote:
This to go along with another Ravenna Star, Paul Jones, who had a building at kent state named after him, now he has a number on the pocket of his shirt!
wife30

Cleveland, OH

#13 Jan 23, 2008
Are real people posting these comments? I feel like you're responding to this like it's a joke! Let's hope anyone in YOUR family is ever involved in a terrible situation like this. And let's hope no one would make ignorant comments about your loved ones! The whole situation is devestating for whomever is victim to it. If you put yourself in the position to judge and convict, you MUST be fair and consistant in looking at ALL the possibilities. I don't believe ANY convictions were made yet, right? You never know the situation. Black and white print can be all too easy to read sometimes.

Since: Oct 07

Riverside, CA

#14 Jan 23, 2008
He must have gotten his play book switched with Claude Brown's.
OMG

Akron, OH

#15 Jan 23, 2008
The man needs to go to jail for a very, very long time if all this is found to be true by jury.
jim

United States

#16 Jan 23, 2008
Theres more to the story, all are connected.
Trent

Cleveland, OH

#17 Jan 23, 2008
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Nobody knows the mitigating or precipating factors of the case yet. Besides 500K bond is unheard of? People have been charged with murder and received lesser bonds! Dont be so quick to judge when all we no is whats been perpetuated by the media.
affluence

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 23, 2008
i have known eric thomas for a long time, as a friend and as a co-worker. he's good man, support him
Sister of the bestfriend

Naperville, IL

#19 Jan 24, 2008
I have known Eric for a long time and this is unbelievable!!!! Any person that knows him would know that a funny, people loving, caring just all out silly person would never ever commit such a crime or any crime for that matter!!!
ET Former Coworker

Ponce, Puerto Rico

#20 Jan 24, 2008
ET is a great guy and if you know him, you find it hard to believe that he is capable of this. I can see him beating some butt, but not rape. Innocent till proven guilty.
KSU Alum

Columbus, OH

#21 Jan 24, 2008
I agree with ET Former Coworker - I can see him being upset and beating up the boyfriend, but not going and committing rape. He will be found innocent on those charges. Not the type of person he is, especially for who the woman was. Again, all of these people are correlated and have a past together.
Rue the Fear

Cleveland, OH

#22 Jan 24, 2008
If this guy was a "KSU basketball star", shouldn't people have at least HEARD OF him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roddy Pleads Guilty (Apr '07) Sat Iwasthere 3
Lawyers in Summit County Domestic Relations Court (Oct '08) Jun 23 B single 20
News Akron cat-kicker sentenced for being part of Ha... Jun 23 JCB 2
News Akron man robs, threatens to shoot Little Caesa... Jun 21 munch face 2
Obama Announces Sec Hagel's Replacement (Nov '14) Jun 16 wino s matter 9
Stripped Screw Jun 16 Shaft 3
Northeast Ohio find Jun 11 Finally 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages