Five shootings in Akron over weekend

Mar 16, 2009 Full story: Akron Beacon Journal 52

The fatal shooting of a 26-year-old man outside his North Hill home Sunday night was the fifth shooting Akron police responded to over the weekend.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Ain't Running Skeered”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 17, 2009
Little Detroit at it's finest.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#2 Mar 17, 2009
And the City Hall Hero apparently doesn't give a rat's ass. For law-abiding citizens or the police.

“" no love like a mothers love"”

Since: Jan 09

Ohio

#3 Mar 17, 2009
People should have a neighborhood watch in every neighborhood.These creeps are getting brazen enough to walk right up and shoot you on your own property.It's time these lunatics get a taste of own medicine and get same treatment in return.
dudette

Cleveland, OH

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Destiny Rose wrote:
People should have a neighborhood watch in every neighborhood.These creeps are getting brazen enough to walk right up and shoot you on your own property.It's time these lunatics get a taste of own medicine and get same treatment in return.
Crackron makes Cleveland look so good. E 55th is the French Riviera. Do tell me with the little umbrellas in our rum drinks.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#5 Mar 17, 2009
dudette wrote:
<quoted text>
Crackron makes Cleveland look so good. E 55th is the French Riviera. Do tell me with the little umbrellas in our rum drinks.
E 55th would look a lot better if you would stop standing on the corners of it. A woman your size really shouldn't be wearing a tube top and booty shorts.

And she SHOULD be wearing her teeth and wig.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 17, 2009
you should be wearing a condum on that mouth of yours(@@)
Pedro Ruiz

Washington, DC

#7 Mar 17, 2009
dudette wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I have been in and out of prison since that I was 17 and I am 34 and I need your help in getting away from the american pigs in uniform cause thay harrass me and call me sp-c and I want to get out of town and live in your town.
Tim

Akron, OH

#8 Mar 17, 2009
As long as they are shooting each other why should i care?

“Stupidity should be painful”

Since: Jun 08

Akron Area

#9 Mar 17, 2009
Tim wrote:
As long as they are shooting each other why should i care?
Because, innocent people could be affected and who know when they will decide to branch out into your neighborhood...sjt

“Ain't Running Skeered”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#10 Mar 17, 2009
San Jose Transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, innocent people could be affected and who know when they will decide to branch out into your neighborhood...sjt
The demise of a neighborhood spread out faster and wider than a virus. It's truly sad rolling through Goodyear Heights, North Hill, etc. Once beautiful homes and properties look like they were plucked out of a third world country. My in-laws just sold their home only four or five years ago. It was beautiful. We drove by on Sunday, I was so shocked and appalled. The once meticulately manicured yard was riddled with debri, junk and pieces of the siding. Two of the upstairs windows were covered in wood planks. Those were brand new windows that she installed just before selling the home. The houses to the right, to the left and across the street, all mirrored images of their former home. It's disgusting and appalling. The one home had their garbage stacked four feet high by approximately eight feel long on their front slab/patio. No pride, no dignity, no self-worth to be found.
just saying

United States

#11 Mar 17, 2009
does anyone have any details on the shooting on Crestwood?

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Your Neighbor & Friend

#12 Mar 18, 2009
Fought the Fight B4 wrote:
<quoted text>The demise of a neighborhood spread out faster and wider than a virus. It's truly sad rolling through Goodyear Heights, North Hill, etc. Once beautiful homes and properties look like they were plucked out of a third world country. My in-laws just sold their home only four or five years ago. It was beautiful. We drove by on Sunday, I was so shocked and appalled. The once meticulately manicured yard was riddled with debri, junk and pieces of the siding. Two of the upstairs windows were covered in wood planks. Those were brand new windows that she installed just before selling the home. The houses to the right, to the left and across the street, all mirrored images of their former home. It's disgusting and appalling. The one home had their garbage stacked four feet high by approximately eight feel long on their front slab/patio. No pride, no dignity, no self-worth to be found.
Wild animals treat their own holes with more respect than degenerates treat their homes and neighborhoods..
Appraisit

Louisville, OH

#13 Mar 18, 2009
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Wild animals treat their own holes with more respect than degenerates treat their homes and neighborhoods..
As harsh a comment as yours is ,Howard ; it is just as true as well....I'm in many homes throughout the Tri-County area and at times amazed at the filth some people are willing to live in and also raise their children....and as you said, animals would have cleaner abodes....and that is what those kids see as "normal"....it's sad, but true....and that's black or white....

“Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#14 Mar 18, 2009
San Jose Transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent people are affected in these neighborhoods. Not all people in these areas are degenerate hoodlums. These acts of violence and degradation of the property of others performed by angry, ignorant, drug-crazed,(I could keep going)individuals affect so many. Not only are they hurting themselves, their actions form a snowball effect, hurting the victim, affecting police, insurance companies, the legal system, prisons, neighbors, loved ones, family, etc.
One small act can hurt so many. But some people are too blind and self absorbed to see it, or even care.

Akron Area

#15 Mar 18, 2009
Opinionated in Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent people are affected in these neighborhoods. Not all people in these areas are degenerate hoodlums. These acts of violence and degradation of the property of others performed by angry, ignorant, drug-crazed,(I could keep going)individuals affect so many. Not only are they hurting themselves, their actions form a snowball effect, hurting the victim, affecting police, insurance companies, the legal system, prisons, neighbors, loved ones, family, etc.
One small act can hurt so many. But some people are too blind and self absorbed to see it, or even care.
Good post. That's what I was saying when I said innocent people are affected.

The "move to other areas" was an add-on...sjt

Akron Area

#16 Mar 18, 2009
<quoted text>The demise of a neighborhood spread out faster and wider than a virus. It's truly sad rolling through Goodyear Heights, North Hill, etc. Once beautiful homes and properties look like they were plucked out of a third world country. My in-laws just sold their home only four or five years ago. It was beautiful. We drove by on Sunday, I was so shocked and appalled. The once meticulately manicured yard was riddled with debri, junk and pieces of the siding. Two of the upstairs windows were covered in wood planks. Those were brand new windows that she installed just before selling the home. The houses to the right, to the left and across the street, all mirrored images of their former home. It's disgusting and appalling. The one home had their garbage stacked four feet high by approximately eight feel long on their front slab/patio. No pride, no dignity, no self-worth to be found.
Admittedly, I only scratched the surface with my comment. I figured all the intelligent people (you included) would understand how wide spread this has the potential of being..Thank you for elaborating...sjt

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Your Neighbor & Friend

#17 Mar 18, 2009
When are we, as a civilized society, finally going to say "ENOUGH"?

The recall sends this message loud & clear. Should Sponge Don return from his little illicit honeymoon and mount some proactive plan upon the hoodrats and their increased lawlessness, it would obviously do much to diffuse the mounting threat to his political career.

I'm betting he does nothing to improve the safety and quality of life in those neighborhoods. Other than blow the usual smoke and place more blame on the cops. We'll see. Prove me wrong, Sponge.

You can tell
I'm Mad As Hell.

So should you, fellow Akronite.

“"It is what it is..."”

Since: Dec 07

Akron, Ohio

#18 Mar 18, 2009
Maybe someday when the residency goes away I can move out of here
Please Love Each Other

Uniontown, OH

#19 Mar 20, 2009
Please, everyone open your eyes. We all are Created Equal. It's time to Come together and be ONE.Everyone is hurting at this time.The One your Hurting Just May Be The One That Can Help You.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#20 Mar 21, 2009
wow..sounds like anytown in connecticut..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are African-American voices missing from Ohio's... 4 hr Undercover Brother 5
Two Akron businesses raided during state gambli... 8 hr Hindu U 2
Akron continues to support expungement program;... Thu Homeless Wino Pete 4
repukies are a PLAGUE ON THE LAND! Thu Homeless Wino Pete 2
FALLING From GRACE Oct 22 Rushville Rocket 7
Summit County jury deliberates capital case aga... Oct 22 Delbert Grady 1
Still believe in Obama..Front Page News Oct 22 Homeless Wino Pete 2
Akron Dating
Find my Match

Akron Jobs