Free at Last!

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#103 Nov 17, 2008
Bluefly wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be my ex husband. What a jerk he was. Except he didn't know what a doctoral thesis was. I speak of him in the past tense, because he is dead to me. Just like MLK.
Y'all have my sympathies for what y'all had to endure.

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#104 Nov 17, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Who DO you consider to be an American hero? George Wallace?
Any-buddy who puts others before themselves. Michael certainly didn't.

George Wallace??? Heavens no. The man was an idiot. But he never led people in civil anarchy whose result was the destruction of public and private property, nor did anyone die as a result of his actions.

“How I suffered for my sanity”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#105 Nov 17, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
Any-buddy who puts others before themselves. Michael certainly didn't.
George Wallace??? Heavens no. The man was an idiot. But he never led people in civil anarchy whose result was the destruction of public and private property, nor did anyone die as a result of his actions.
George Wallace is persona non grata. MLK is not. I don't know of any boulevards named after George Wallace. This generation doesn't even know of his existence. Not so, Martin Luther King.
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#106 Nov 17, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
Any-buddy who puts others before themselves. Michael certainly didn't.
George Wallace??? Heavens no. The man was an idiot. But he never led people in civil anarchy whose result was the destruction of public and private property, nor did anyone die as a result of his actions.
You have a perverted view of history. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a martyr, didn't put himself before others? He spoke truth to power and paid for it with his life. Regardless of his imperfections, he did achieve great things with his life.

By the way, his father changed his name when he was 5. I doubt that MLK, Jr. had much say in the matter.

I think it's pointless to argue with you about this. You refuse to see anything but what you want to believe.

Why do African Americans bother you so much?
wellllllll

United States

#107 Nov 17, 2008
Starry and Beta don't care for black people very much.

“How I suffered for my sanity”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#108 Nov 17, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
Any-buddy who puts others before themselves. Michael certainly didn't.
George Wallace??? Heavens no. The man was an idiot. But he never led people in civil anarchy whose result was the destruction of public and private property, nor did anyone die as a result of his actions.
Once again-------oops, I know you are a snake, but, I'm a Scorpion.
Norm Deplume

Medina, OH

#109 Nov 17, 2008
StarryNights wrote:
<quoted text>
George Wallace is persona non grata. MLK is not. I don't know of any boulevards named after George Wallace. This generation doesn't even know of his existence. Not so, Martin Luther King.
Do you detest MLK's children too?
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#110 Nov 17, 2008
Norm Deplume wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you detest MLK's children too?
I think she's actually calling Betamax out on this. It's pretty cryptic, so I'm not sure. She's either calling him out or recognizing a kindred spirit, who can tell?

Starry - here's an opportunity to rehabilitate your reputation. Will you take it?

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#111 Nov 18, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a perverted view of history. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a martyr, didn't put himself before others? He spoke truth to power and paid for it with his life. Regardless of his imperfections, he did achieve great things with his life.
By the way, his father changed his name when he was 5. I doubt that MLK, Jr. had much say in the matter.
I think it's pointless to argue with you about this. You refuse to see anything but what you want to believe.
Why do African Americans bother you so much?
Or I have an accurate view of history and poopypant folks like y'all either bought into the legacy that was promoted about the man, or y'all have some trouble acknowledgin' the facts as they are presented.

No matter. Y'all can view y'alls hero in any way y'all wish, but jes' don't expect ever-buddy else to share y'alls view. They don't.

There have been several books written about Michael, and many of them predicted that should he had not been killed, he would have ended up bein' viewed as much a boob as Jackson and Sharpton. Mebbe y'all should brush up on y'alls readin'.

Michaels father can call his children whatever he liked, but until he legally changed their names, they remain with their birth names that were legally recorder. Iff'n y'alls hero was of such moral caliber and full of good deeds, then why did he continue with the facade of livin' under an assumed name.

Nice of y'all to acknowledge once again, that y'alls hero had faults. Namely all of the items I mentioned. So, y'all are arguin' that even though y'all are wrong, it's y'alls right to be wrong, and no-buddy has the right to question that. Talk about a refusal to see anythin' but what y'all want to believe. Y'all are the master of that.

I agree, it's pointless for y'all to continue y'alls arguement. Mebbe once y'all find some refutin' evidence, of which there isn't any, mebbe y'all would have an arguement.

I have no problems with Colored folks at all. Why do y'all ask?? Did y'all intend to turn the conversation to racism in an effort to save face?? Another one of y'alls poor choices.

My turn. What do y'all have against sum-buddy who felt that y'alls comparison of the election of our new president, to the utterance of a plagerist, and it was his hopes that Obama would be better than that??

One would think that y'all hoped that our next president would engage in civil anarchy, and enjoy the destruction of public and private property as well as the death of an innocent.

Now why would y'all wish that??? Seems a tad cruel to me.
Strom Thurmond

Medina, OH

#112 Nov 18, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
Or I have an accurate view of history and poopypant folks like y'all either bought into the legacy that was promoted about the man, or y'all have some trouble acknowledgin' the facts as they are presented.
No matter. Y'all can view y'alls hero in any way y'all wish, but jes' don't expect ever-buddy else to share y'alls view. They don't.
There have been several books written about Michael, and many of them predicted that should he had not been killed, he would have ended up bein' viewed as much a boob as Jackson and Sharpton. Mebbe y'all should brush up on y'alls readin'.
Michaels father can call his children whatever he liked, but until he legally changed their names, they remain with their birth names that were legally recorder. Iff'n y'alls hero was of such moral caliber and full of good deeds, then why did he continue with the facade of livin' under an assumed name.
Nice of y'all to acknowledge once again, that y'alls hero had faults. Namely all of the items I mentioned. So, y'all are arguin' that even though y'all are wrong, it's y'alls right to be wrong, and no-buddy has the right to question that. Talk about a refusal to see anythin' but what y'all want to believe. Y'all are the master of that.
I agree, it's pointless for y'all to continue y'alls arguement. Mebbe once y'all find some refutin' evidence, of which there isn't any, mebbe y'all would have an arguement.
I have no problems with Colored folks at all. Why do y'all ask?? Did y'all intend to turn the conversation to racism in an effort to save face?? Another one of y'alls poor choices.
My turn. What do y'all have against sum-buddy who felt that y'alls comparison of the election of our new president, to the utterance of a plagerist, and it was his hopes that Obama would be better than that??
One would think that y'all hoped that our next president would engage in civil anarchy, and enjoy the destruction of public and private property as well as the death of an innocent.
Now why would y'all wish that??? Seems a tad cruel to me.
I N S A N E

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#113 Nov 18, 2008
StarryNights wrote:
<quoted text>
George Wallace is persona non grata. MLK is not. I don't know of any boulevards named after George Wallace. This generation doesn't even know of his existence. Not so, Martin Luther King.
I'd agree, yet RU felt the need to make an utterance of vieled racism. There isn't any of course, but small minds like his expect others to either agree with them totally, or be denounced as racisists, because that's the limit of their thinkin'.
Strom Thurmond

Medina, OH

#114 Nov 18, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree, yet RU felt the need to make an utterance of vieled racism. There isn't any of course, but small minds like his expect others to either agree with them totally, or be denounced as racisists, because that's the limit of their thinkin'.
C O L O R E D
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#115 Nov 18, 2008
Betamax - you ARE a racist. Plain and simple. Just admit it and go away.

Starry - I've given you yet another chance to distance yourself from comments that were construed as racist. Yet again, you have refused to do so.
Anonymous1

Clinton, OH

#116 Nov 18, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Or my conclusions are facts, of which y'all have done a poor job of refutin'. Most losers do that.
2. Then quit shakin' y'all head.
3. Made y'all teary-eyed thinkin' of the family eh.
4.((chucklin')) Uh, I think y'all have our little discussion confused with with sum-thin' y'all received in the mail. Y'all know the one that says " Y'all may already be a winner".
5. Please do. Iff'n y'all can keep y'alls head out of y'alls rear, y'all might learn a thing or two while y'all are at it.
6. Not surprisin', considerin' y'all jes' claimed to win a debate, after y'all agreed to the comment.
7. No thanks sonny. Y'all can play with y'alls own chicken.
1. You haven't done ANYTHING to document your ramblings as fact. What's to refute?
2. I'll shake my head if I feel like it but it doesn't change the incoherency of your complicated, yet never complex babble.
3. Yeah, I'll be honest, I respect dogs more than I respect the average white man with no power, yet who hates those with even less than his or herself.
4. That doesn't make any sense. You must be religious.
5. Ouch! Too bad you haven't even defended your position or you might have SOME sort of grounds by which to say that someone has their head up something. As is.....
6. I don't agree with ANYTHING about you, BetaBigot. Can you read? Please stop imagining that you can levitate or something even more dingy than that!
7. Dang. Don't you find it embarrassing enough to smile for the camera with a chicken in your mouth, let alone a metaphor for something even more compromising?

You know, if you keep opening your mouth just to have it violated, you'll end up being that which you dislike the most, a real flamer liberal playing his bass guitar in the Netherlands.

Have you NO shame?
Anonymous1

Clinton, OH

#117 Nov 18, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree, yet RU felt the need to make an utterance of vieled racism. There isn't any of course, but small minds like his expect others to either agree with them totally, or be denounced as racisists, because that's the limit of their thinkin'.
To bad RU never made an utterance of veiled illiteracy!
Anonymous1

Clinton, OH

#118 Nov 18, 2008
"Too" bad!

Dang! Busted! ;)
StarryNights

Northfield, OH

#119 Nov 18, 2008
Betamax wrote:
<quoted text>
Or I have an accurate view of history and poopypant folks like y'all either bought into the legacy that was promoted about the man, or y'all have some trouble acknowledgin' the facts as they are presented.
No matter. Y'all can view y'alls hero in any way y'all wish, but jes' don't expect ever-buddy else to share y'alls view. They don't.
There have been several books written about Michael, and many of them predicted that should he had not been killed, he would have ended up bein' viewed as much a boob as Jackson and Sharpton. Mebbe y'all should brush up on y'alls readin'.
Michaels father can call his children whatever he liked, but until he legally changed their names, they remain with their birth names that were legally recorder. Iff'n y'alls hero was of such moral caliber and full of good deeds, then why did he continue with the facade of livin' under an assumed name.
Nice of y'all to acknowledge once again, that y'alls hero had faults. Namely all of the items I mentioned. So, y'all are arguin' that even though y'all are wrong, it's y'alls right to be wrong, and no-buddy has the right to question that. Talk about a refusal to see anythin' but what y'all want to believe. Y'all are the master of that.
I agree, it's pointless for y'all to continue y'alls arguement. Mebbe once y'all find some refutin' evidence, of which there isn't any, mebbe y'all would have an arguement.
I have no problems with Colored folks at all. Why do y'all ask?? Did y'all intend to turn the conversation to racism in an effort to save face?? Another one of y'alls poor choices.
My turn. What do y'all have against sum-buddy who felt that y'alls comparison of the election of our new president, to the utterance of a plagerist, and it was his hopes that Obama would be better than that??
One would think that y'all hoped that our next president would engage in civil anarchy, and enjoy the destruction of public and private property as well as the death of an innocent.
Now why would y'all wish that??? Seems a tad cruel to me.
Did you work with Olive Burns on "Cold Sassy Tree"?

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#120 Nov 19, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
Betamax - you ARE a racist. Plain and simple. Just admit it and go away.
Starry - I've given you yet another chance to distance yourself from comments that were construed as racist. Yet again, you have refused to do so.
((chucklin')) Only to small petty minds. Congratulations.

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#121 Nov 19, 2008
Anonymous1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You haven't done ANYTHING to document your ramblings as fact. What's to refute?
2. I'll shake my head if I feel like it but it doesn't change the incoherency of your complicated, yet never complex babble.
3. Yeah, I'll be honest, I respect dogs more than I respect the average white man with no power, yet who hates those with even less than his or herself.
4. That doesn't make any sense. You must be religious.
5. Ouch! Too bad you haven't even defended your position or you might have SOME sort of grounds by which to say that someone has their head up something. As is.....
6. I don't agree with ANYTHING about you, BetaBigot. Can you read? Please stop imagining that you can levitate or something even more dingy than that!
7. Dang. Don't you find it embarrassing enough to smile for the camera with a chicken in your mouth, let alone a metaphor for something even more compromising?
You know, if you keep opening your mouth just to have it violated, you'll end up being that which you dislike the most, a real flamer liberal playing his bass guitar in the Netherlands.
Have you NO shame?
1. It's out there for all to see and read, of which y'all did when y'all agreed that Michael had those faults. Sorry gumby, but it's y'alls position that the comment was untrue, the burden to prove that lies with y'all.

2.Obviously coherent enough for y'all to attempt y'alls petty argument.

3. Well, who am I to argue with y'all about y'alls spouse bein' a dog. Can we assume that from this comment, y'all are a person of color, therefore one who can't see past his racial bigotry to admit his hero wasn't as advertised?? I'd say so.

4. I'm sure a lot of things don't make sense to y'all.

5. Thanks for makin' my point. Nice of y'all to agree that y'all indeed have y'alls head up y'alls rear, therefore the reason y'all are unable to defend y'alls position.

6.
anonymous1 wrote:
....I really don't care much about what his original name may have been.
anonymous1 wrote:
...That Martin Luther King wasn't perfect......
Looks as iff'n y'all are acknowledgin' Michaels faults to me. Y'all need a hypocrisy check sonny.

7. It's OK with me iff'n y'all desire to choke y'alls chicken. I jes' don't need to know about it.

Hmmm, don't look now sonny, but as it stands, y'alls called ol' Maxie out on his comment, then when faced with the damnin' evidence that it was true, y'all are the one man band with no strings on his guitar.

Now, iff'n y'all could provide contrary information that shows my comment is incorrect, well then, y'all would have a winnin' argument.

Folks are startin' to wonder why y'all are spendin' all this time makin' an argument, but not providin' a single shred of evidence to support y'alls assertions. Since y'all have already expressed y'alls aversion to trollish folks on the forum, I'm sure y'all will pull out all of the stops to insure that y'all can provide supportin' evidence for y'alls assertions. Otherwise, folks might think y'all are nuthin' but the troll y'all accuse others of bein'. Can't have that can we.

Callin' sum-buddy a racist or biogot because they stated a fact, makes y'alls look as petty and small as I already know y'all to be.

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#122 Nov 19, 2008
Anonymous1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad RU never made an utterance of veiled illiteracy!
((chucklin')) Like y'all, RU is unable to provide any evidence that my comment is incorrect.

I expect better of them literate folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Akron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Prisoner to Receive Millions for Footbal... (Sep '10) Nov 27 Nobody 37
News Man sets himself on fire after yelling about el... Nov 22 skanks-a-lot HRC 1
News Fight against housing complex continues Nov 20 Akron1415 1
News Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan writes open letter in ... Nov 19 Walkin Boss 1
News Akron man will spend one year in Summit County ... Nov 17 Dan Rather 1
News Akron 4 mins ago 4:05 p.m.Facebook group plans ... Nov 16 Homeless Wino Pete 2
News Election Day 2016: Updates from Ohio and the Ak... Nov 16 Homeless Wino Pete 4

Akron Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Akron Mortgages