Free at Last!

Posted in the Akron Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of152
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RU Kiddingme

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Free at Last, Free at Last
Thank God Almighty, we're Free at Last
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

What a beautiful night. Hope over fear. Hope over hate. TRUTH over lies.

“How I suffered for my sanity”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Yes!!!!!!!!!!
forealcurious

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

4

2

2

you have always had the power to be free and break your own chains, some would just rather take the Free Route.

Its up to each individual to free themselves.
Stop depending on others for a free hand out.
Get off the "train"

You see this all about the color of his skin, no if's and's or but's.

75% of the people that voted for him, don't even know What his Stance was on anything.

But soon, oh yes, it might turn around and bite them in the butt.

He might just take away some of that Free At Last Stuff you talk about.

It's been Over For Years....some just choose to use It as an excuse, for that free ride.
elected to lead

Mantua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Son let me tell ya ANYTHING ANYTHING is better then the last eight we can't wait to forget the last eight !!!!!
elected to lead

Mantua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 4, 2008
 
StarryNights wrote:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!
hey Starry Nights what up????
elected to lead

Mantua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

we lost more little freedoms in the last 20 years then any other country we need to put it in Drive and go forwordlook at those crowds !!!wow
panthers are extinct

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

people that voted for him are so stupid!!!!! when you add a 9% tax increase on small businesses you put them out of business!!! oh wait, then you want to force them to provide health insurance, good luck finding a job because everybody but wal-mart will be closing their doors!! idiots!!!!!!
Realist

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

panthers are extinct wrote:
people that voted for him are so stupid!!!!! when you add a 9% tax increase on small businesses you put them out of business!!! oh wait, then you want to force them to provide health insurance, good luck finding a job because everybody but wal-mart will be closing their doors!! idiots!!!!!!
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
anonymous1

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

panthers are extinct wrote:
people that voted for him are so stupid!!!!! when you add a 9% tax increase on small businesses you put them out of business!!! oh wait, then you want to force them to provide health insurance, good luck finding a job because everybody but wal-mart will be closing their doors!! idiots!!!!!!
No. It works like this. Small businesses have to raise their prices. Of course, large businesses will raise theirs too because they always take from the public what the public are willing to pay.

The real difference is that upper middle class and wealthy people will have less disposable income to bully people with while poor to middle income people will possibly be able to pay off their debts.

Here's where I predict a few things. You'll claim that the working class will only spend their money on drugs and sex. You'll claim that they have a socialist education that is of no value compared to YOUR education. You'll claim that they didn't "earn" it.

The election proved that they DID earn it. They organized and they hopefully will change the way our government spends money. Lose the trillion dollar military budget. Pay down the deficits. What will REALLY prove that the people have EARNED a better way of life is if they stop rolling the dice on White aristocrats, Conservative OR Liberal, Church OR Socialist.

I didn't vote. There's a reason why. Obama is still talking about what I can do for HIM even though he didn't "earn" my vote. It's still a game of hardball.

I'm still about the disenfranchised. Obama hasn't earned my vote because he is still a member of a party that asks me what's on my mind while they point a gun to my head. Since I don't have a vote in all of the 50 states, I want to see what this Congress will do. If they run off and try to repeal the Gay Marriage bans in several states, I'll be for reinstating George Bush.

Wait and see.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 5, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

How apt, that this thread starts with a quote from a speech given' by a plagerist, wife cheatin' man who lived his life under an assumed name. A man who followed communist teachin's as a base for his movement.

I certainly hope Obama ends up bein' a tad better than that.
anonymous1

Solon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 5, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

Betamax wrote:
How apt, that this thread starts with a quote from a speech given' by a plagerist, wife cheatin' man who lived his life under an assumed name. A man who followed communist teachin's as a base for his movement.
I certainly hope Obama ends up bein' a tad better than that.
I hope no Black ever thinks that they have to meet with your approval.

“How I suffered for my sanity”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 5, 2008
 
anonymous1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope no Black ever thinks that they have to meet with your approval.
Don't you worry. The approval has already been met. Let us chill and make chili.

Since: Jun 08

Millersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 5, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

Thank God this election is finally over! The one term president Obama will not be able to do all that he promised.(any more then McCain could have)

I'll be waiting patiently for a "good" candidate to support. Many undecided's remained undecided's at the polls yesterday. We are waiting for our time for a presidential candidate that will indeed "earn" our vote.

I guess he will get a free pass when he in fact cannot cut taxes for 95% of Americans. When he gets in there and realizes the numbers just don't add up.
anonymous1

Solon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 5, 2008
 
StarryNights wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry. The approval has already been met. Let us chill and make chili.
I make chili with my own double hot habaneros!

Right now, Blacks are feeling like they belong and I really don't like some of the vitriol that's spilling over from the "other side".

Nobody is going to riot or stop working. Some people are too used to being the runt of the pack that picks on outsiders because they just aren't players. They need to mind their place and let a few celebrations run their course.

“Lohio Bound”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 5, 2008
 
anonymous1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I make chili with my own double hot habaneros!
Right now, Blacks are feeling like they belong and I really don't like some of the vitriol that's spilling over from the "other side".
Nobody is going to riot or stop working. Some people are too used to being the runt of the pack that picks on outsiders because they just aren't players. They need to mind their place and let a few celebrations run their course.
Just curious, Anon, what kind of vitriol are you seeing/hearing?

Celebration is in order. It's been a long hard campaign.

Since: Jun 08

Millersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 5, 2008
 
Scooter Moonpie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, Anon, what kind of vitriol are you seeing/hearing?
Celebration is in order. It's been a long hard campaign.
Yes, celebration that it is finally over and I can once again stop screening my phone calls and I don't have all that junk mail in my box anymore.

“Lohio Bound”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 5, 2008
 
bmw is me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, celebration that it is finally over and I can once again stop screening my phone calls and I don't have all that junk mail in my box anymore.
Cripes, I got a robocall last night AFTER the polls had closed! It featured Rudu Giuliani. Click.

Since: Jun 08

Millersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 5, 2008
 
Scooter Moonpie wrote:
<quoted text>
Cripes, I got a robocall last night AFTER the polls had closed! It featured Rudu Giuliani. Click.
Maybe they thought you were on the west coast!

It was fun trying to explain to the kids last night how they could predict a state going to one side or the other when only a small percentage of votes had been counted. My son asked a very good question, if a state was colored in red or blue and after all votes/precints were counted and the color was wrong, would they change it?

It was a great learning experience for the kids considering nothing else was on the tube to watch! LOL!
anonymous1

Solon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 5, 2008
 
Scooter Moonpie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, Anon, what kind of vitriol are you seeing/hearing?
Celebration is in order. It's been a long hard campaign.
Stuff like I just referenced.

Some people I know think there'll be riots, people won't come to work, the usual nasty stereotypes.

If you've got no need to defend yourself then don't. Betamax had to drag MLK's reputation through the mud though. I wonder who else will feel the need to "put people in their place"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of152
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Akron Forum right now

Search the Akron Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
potus shoots pool while Rome butns 4 min lil Tyree 1
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,548
LeBron is back! 9 hr lil Tyree 3
NBA: End of an Era 10 hr Eddie 2
Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist f... Jul 9 GOP Dopes 36
boosh vacationed while New Orleans DROWNED! Jul 9 GOP Dopes 1
Feaster back in court Jul 9 Foghorn Leghorn 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Akron Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Akron People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Akron News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Akron
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••