Band directors leaving
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Class of 2012

Alice, TX

#1 Jun 15, 2012
I just want to say thanks for all you did mr Paul Saenz. You made us believe in the impossible and then achieve it. Good luck to you in hebbronville and also you too mr David Alvarez!! God bless!!
Please no

Alice, TX

#2 Jun 15, 2012
What? So who's gonna be the new director?
why

Alice, TX

#3 Jun 15, 2012
why is he leaving
yup

Dallas, TX

#4 Jun 15, 2012
mr saenz awesome, he will b missed
Fellow band member

Alice, TX

#5 Jun 15, 2012
He will not be missed. He did wrong and I hope to never see him again.
why

Alice, TX

#6 Jun 15, 2012
what did he do?
Class of 2013

Alice, TX

#8 Jun 16, 2012
He told us after the graduation he needed to move to better support his family and do what's best for them. What's wrong with that? I think mr Saenz was the best band director ever. He got us to state in 4 years. I'm proud to say he was my band director. If half the band is quitting it's because we believed in him sooo much. He also said quitting is not an option. Get your facts straight. If you wanna quit then quit.
Parent

Alice, TX

#9 Jun 16, 2012
Is the other mr Saenz gonna take over?
whatever

United States

#10 Jun 16, 2012
Hope not
Parent

Alice, TX

#11 Jun 17, 2012
All I can say is I wish him only the best. I know my daughter was hurt over the news but that's proof he had a positive impact on there lives. He's a wonderful person who will be missed. As far as half the band quitting, what will that prove? Where's your Jersey Pride?regardless of who's in charge , represent with pride.
Class of 2014

United States

#12 Jun 17, 2012
Yeah its gonna take years to adapt to a new director! Noone will take shitt seriously! It wont be the same! And we are quitting class of 2013 don't need your permission!
Longhorn Class of 73

Alice, TX

#13 Jun 17, 2012
Class of 2012 wrote:
I just want to say thanks for all you did mr Paul Saenz. You made us believe in the impossible and then achieve it. Good luck to you in hebbronville and also you too mr David Alvarez!! God bless!!
Good luck to Mr. Paul Saenz and Mr. David ALvarez on their new job. It is sad when students and their families do not realize all of the abuse and headaches that a head director has to survive. But sometimes you have to do what is best for you and your family. Hopefully, the school board will take their time to find a replacement that can handle a fantastic Band like the Fighting Jersey Band. Do not quit, be involved in the process of selecting a new director. Your parents can have a voice in this process. Contact the your principals, school board, the superintendent and express your opinions. Brooks County ISD is one of the strongest school district in our area. Have faith in your administration. Again, Good luck to Paul Saenz and David Alvarez. We will see them at State within the next three years..
Parent

Alice, TX

#14 Jun 18, 2012
Class of 2014 wrote:
What a trader, saying he would never leave us. Its fine I'm quiting and so are my friends. That's like more than half the band. Goodluck band, premont will probably be bigger than our band! That's sad! Shitt happens!
Why would you quit? This is a state ranked band only getting stronger. It makes no sense to quit. You youngsters will one dayrealize the importance of family Students skip practice also but do the coaches and directors quit? Hell no. Jersey pride!! Paul Saenz said the band should be around 135 next year. That's huge!! Stick with it kiddos. dominate and kick arse next year. Keep the state rank climbing!! Btw you can fit about 7 premont bands into one Fal band hows that for numbers. Not talking trash just saying. Good luck to both schools although I don't think premont will compete next year.
Ex band parent

Alice, TX

#16 Jun 19, 2012
HtwoO wrote:
He probably got more money and he needed to get his family out of Fal. Sorry, its never an ideal situation going back to your home town. People have a bunch of dirt on you. Plus, people put him on blast on topix a couple of times. I would leave as well. Good luck Paul.
I agree. It's always what's best for your family that comes first. The students will get over it. I'm not sure how quitting will somehow hurt him. He did raise the bar pretty high. Hopefully whoever takes over can maintain our wonderful Jersey Band!! Best of luck to you Paul Saenz. You will be missed!
Hey man

Euless, TX

#17 Jun 23, 2012
Can someone please explain the state stuff in band to me? I hear almost everyone in this area it seems that their band "goes to state" but I don't hear anyone say they are state champions. Please explain
proud falfurrian

Dallas, TX

#18 Jun 24, 2012
Just making it to state is a big accomplishment, and our kids n the whole town should b proud. No need for u to try n make it seen like anything less than a great accomplishment. You have no pride, probably cause u were never good enough to make it to state in any sport n feel the thrill and pride of making it that far. GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR TO OUR BAND
meee

Arlington, TX

#19 Jun 24, 2012
The process of going to state is not as cut and dry as winning a game. It is very subjective. The bands are judged by 3 judges. Both skills and creativity are taken into consideration. You can have an awesome show by public standards, but if the judges don't like the type of show or the music, you might be scored lower than you think you deserve. So to say that going to state, but not winning, is not a big deal, you are very wrong in that assumption. It is a HUGE accomplishment; and even if you don't come back as "state champions," you are still among the BEST in the whole state! Great job to ALL who can say they have been to state!
Hey man

Euless, TX

#20 Jun 25, 2012
The subjective part must be tough- sounds like luck has a bug part which makes it more nerve racking when waiting for scores whereas the end of a game every one knows who won How many bands go to the state show per classification? In athletics it's 4 teams (one from each region)
Curious

Alice, TX

#21 Jun 26, 2012
Does anyone know who they hired?
El Jefe

Alice, TX

#22 Jun 27, 2012
Well Good luck to All Fal directors!! They don't quit they just move on to bigger better opportinitys,its like a job promotion or like the coaches and players when they get drafted. Its expected to move to another town or state.....All I know is my daugther is in Band and mariachi!!! And she's gona Keep On RockiN!?! "They already Paved the Path, She just need to walk on it
"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airport Road Addition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
los Cadena's 3 min Karma 27
drug dealers 6 min Chapo 2
Fidi fi fo 16 min jealous 22
new grill place 19 min jaime 9
Lots of cuts coning to Brooks County 21 min Politics sux 2
cop 29 min peter 1
Max Pay? Kingsville Housing Authority section 8 48 min Curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Airport Road Addition Mortgages