Montgomery County Man and His Mother ...

Montgomery County Man and His Mother Face Murder Charges

There are 73 comments on the WTOC-TV Savannah story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Montgomery County Man and His Mother Face Murder Charges. In it, WTOC-TV Savannah reports that:

“I thought I had just about seen everything in this business and you get one like this”

A Montgomery County man and his mother face murder charges from a Friday night shooting death of his wife. via WTOC-TV Savannah

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOC-TV Savannah.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#1 Mar 3, 2008
As one of Nikki's parents I can put one rumor to rest. Nikki was never kicked out of either parents home. Nikki was always welcomed at her Mother's house and her Father's house. Nikki loved both of her parents very much. she might have gotten angry with them sometimes, but she always knew we would be there for her. All she had to do was come home, and say she needed some help non of this would have ever happened.Tell me how many parents and children do you know that have not fussed or had disagreements in their lifetimes. I hope Damon and mommy deares both Rott in hell for what they have done to Nikki and her children, Nothing the courts could sentence them to will ever be enought for what these heartless people have done
Nikkis Cousin

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2008
How true. All the name smearing on the other topix post is so sad. Why don't you all think of her poor parents. Her Brother, Grandparents, and most of all her children. Use your energy to pray for these people and what they have been through as well as what they still have ahead of them.
Nikki's entire family loved her very much. Obviously we are bitter. We know what evidence has been collected already and what charges have been handed down. Put yourself in our shoes.
Please stop the negative comments and just pray.
April

Aiken, SC

#3 Apr 28, 2008
to Nikki's family I am truly sorry for your loss. But you do not know who actually killed Nikki. You were not there. Damon and Sonya did not do it and they will be released. I hope the true criminal in this pays with his or her life. But the wrong people are in jail. And when the real truth comes out you may not want to believe it but it will be the truth.
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#4 May 8, 2008
April, are you just that love blind or just that stupid. Dont you realise that if they were innocent they would be out of jail by now . Dont you realise there is enough evidence to hold them. So there must be something to the charges. I know that you have thoughts of him being guilty, or you wouldn't keep defending him so. Do you really know this man as good as you think you do? LIke you said we were not thre when the MURDER actually took place but, neither were you.You are only hearing Damon's side.Sit back and look at this situation.If you were not involved with Damon what would you think. And as far as damons ex-wife goes you only heard his side of that story too. you dont know what the man is capable of. I just hope you realise what kind of a person you are involved with before its too late for you too. I would hate for your mother and father to go through the same grieving that we (Nikki's family) are going through. please answer my questions honestly if you can.
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#5 May 8, 2008
No one else stood to gain anything from Nikki's death but Damon think about it. If you can think of anyone else let me know, but I doubt you can. The whole plan was to gain full cutody of the children and he couldn't do that unless Nikki was out of the way totally, so he made sure she was. They just did not count on her being on the cell phone with her father at the exact time the shooting started, her father heard the first shot!!!!!!!!!!Now explain that !!!!!
April

Athens, GA

#6 May 9, 2008
I should not have to explain anything and I will not. As far as your questions if I was not involved with Damon I would still believe he was innocent. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty in this country. Just because Nikki's father heard the shot does not mean that he saw Damon pull the trigger. Anyone could have shot her. I know of a few people that did not like her and anyone of them could have pulled the trigger.
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#7 May 9, 2008
you're right nikki's dad did not see who shot her but I can promise you one thing if we had know all that had been going on in her life and all the incidents that had been reported and not handled properly by Mt vernon this situation would be alot different. I can also promise you this, every time Damon and his mother come up for any type of hearing Nikki's family will be there. We will not rest util someone is found guilty and pays for this hidious crime. Put yourself in our shoes and think about how you would feel if it had been your child. Wouldn't you want justice.
I can almost bet by now your feelings are changing for Damon, if you will admit it.
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#8 May 13, 2008
I see you decided to close Damons myspace page thats probably a good idea, that way he really looks guilty. cant take all the comments, right?
April

Memphis, TN

#9 May 16, 2008
I closed his page because he does not deserve the comments...and if you are so hell bent on being at the hearings and everything why was there no one for Nikki's side at the one on May 8th?
And no, as if it is any of your business, my feelings are not changing and never will because he is innocent. I have a question for you.... if all the so called lies that Nikki said about Damon beating her and abusing the kids were true then why did she get on the stand at her divorce hearing and state and I quote from the transcripts of the hearing "he was a wonderful husband and father and did nothing to hurt me or our children"? If everything she said was true then why lie in the court of law?????
April

Aiken, SC

#10 May 17, 2008
More news out there to the people who want to know what is going on. The DA in the case has tried to get them to agree to deals including manslaughter for any information on WHO shot her...also 20 years probation to confess to AGGRIVATED ASSAULT. So if there is so much evidence that Damon and Sonya killed Nikki...then why are they trying to bargain if they have the evidence to prove murder? Why would they try to get them to confess to a lighter crime if they could get them for murder? The reason why is because they do not have the evidence and they are trying to close the case as fast as possible without looking at other suspects. So tell me what kind of DA, county, or state official would reduce a sentence to 20 years of probation if they were guilty of murder? THEY ARE INNOCENT AND THE TRUTH WILL BE OUT SOON!!!! But as for Nikki's family I do hope that whoever did this get what they deservebut it is not Damon and Sonya....
insider

Jesup, GA

#11 May 21, 2008
April wrote:
More news out there to the people who want to know what is going on. The DA in the case has tried to get them to agree to deals including manslaughter for any information on WHO shot her...also 20 years probation to confess to AGGRIVATED ASSAULT. So if there is so much evidence that Damon and Sonya killed Nikki...then why are they trying to bargain if they have the evidence to prove murder? Why would they try to get them to confess to a lighter crime if they could get them for murder? The reason why is because they do not have the evidence and they are trying to close the case as fast as possible without looking at other suspects. So tell me what kind of DA, county, or state official would reduce a sentence to 20 years of probation if they were guilty of murder? THEY ARE INNOCENT AND THE TRUTH WILL BE OUT SOON!!!! But as for Nikki's family I do hope that whoever did this get what they deservebut it is not Damon and Sonya....
i dont know who u r, or where u get ur info frm, but i sure would like 2 know. How do u know they r not guilty, can it b proven. I beleive they did it. They r both heartless people. Anyone who could do that in front of their own children is heartless. If they did not do it then tell me who did and how u know they r not guilty.
curious

Savannah, GA

#12 May 22, 2008
April, where were you when the murder happened? Were you with them? Can you prove a good alibi for them? Do you just want them to be innocent because you are so desperate for the love of a man you just take whatever you can get?
April

Aiken, SC

#13 May 25, 2008
that is cruel curious..I am not desperate. I have never been desperate. As far as my information I got it straight from the district attorney and the public defenders so I got it from the horse's mouth not from DJ and Sonya. So either the DA and public defenders are lying...I think not....or they really are innocent
curious

Savannah, GA

#14 May 25, 2008
The truth can sometimes be cruel. Welcome to the real world sweetie.
April

Bay Minette, AL

#15 May 29, 2008
go f$$$ yourself Curious....you do not know me or how I feel so don't presume that you do.
ACC

Aiken, SC

#16 Jun 4, 2008
I'm curious to know what the children have said in regards to that day. Apparently, whomever alleges that Damon and Sonya killed Nikki, further alleges the children were present in the vehicle during the time of the shooting. What have the children said? I'm assuming they've been questioned. I know one is a very young child, but the other should be able to relay accurate statements. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#17 Jun 6, 2008
April wrote:
I closed his page because he does not deserve the comments...and if you are so hell bent on being at the hearings and everything why was there no one for Nikki's side at the one on May 8th?
And no, as if it is any of your business, my feelings are not changing and never will because he is innocent. I have a question for you.... if all the so called lies that Nikki said about Damon beating her and abusing the kids were true then why did she get on the stand at her divorce hearing and state and I quote from the transcripts of the hearing "he was a wonderful husband and father and did nothing to hurt me or our children"? If everything she said was true then why lie in the court of law?????
have you ever thought she was just that afraid of him, Maybe she figures he would kill her if she did not say things like that. You have no idea what you would do until you are put in that position I do know that he had threatened to harm her family if she went against his wises on several occasions
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#18 Jun 6, 2008
April wrote:
that is cruel curious..I am not desperate. I have never been desperate. As far as my information I got it straight from the district attorney and the public defenders so I got it from the horse's mouth not from DJ and Sonya. So either the DA and public defenders are lying...I think not....or they really are innocent
why wont you reply on where you were when the murder took place. if you and Damon are so close with no secrets you must have know ehat was going on. Right ?
April

Aiken, SC

#19 Jun 6, 2008
Judgement I was at work when the incident happened then I came home to get something to eat and got the phone call from Sonya that they were being questioned in the shooting of Nikki at the MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERRIFF OFFICE....the call about the shooting taking place was phoned into the office at the exact time they were there to tell the sheriff deputy that Nicki was not allowed at the house on Saturday (the day after the incident) because all of her stuff was dropped at her mother's to finalize the divorce. She stated at the gas station that she was coming to the house to take whatever she wanted even if she had to put them in jail. Now they are in jail and she is gone. So what is the truth? Did they do it? NO!!!!!! She tried anything and everything to get them out of the house on Saturday so she would be able to take whatever she wanted. She set it up with someone to shoot at her so she could blame Damon and Sonya and get them out of the picture. The shooting went wrong and she died.

I have a question for Nikki's father...why did you tell her to pull over when someone was shooting at her while she was driving? If someone is shooting you drive as fast as you can and call the police if you have a cell phone. I hate to say it but by telling her to pull over you signed her death warrant.
Judgement day

Glennville, GA

#20 Jun 9, 2008
You are the stupidest person I have spoke to lately if you were in her father's shoes you would not have known what to tell her. remember her family did not know any of the things that had been going on with Damon and Nikki. She was to afraid to tell any one. Damon had already told her he would kill her family if she talked to them about anything and that info came from her and damons friends, so her father thought it might have been a hunter or something, not her husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ailey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Ladson Oconnor (Jun '15) 14 hr unknown 6
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Jun 15 cemyamsmith 381
Austin peebles Jun 11 Sherrys exPU55Y p... 2
News Ethanol Plant Gets a Boost (Mar '07) Jun 11 Julius Caesar 2
Any girls in onion city dtf Jun 11 Looking to snap 6
Uvalda Music Thread May 30 Musikologist 1
Gillis Family (Jan '08) May '16 Judy Berman 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ailey Mortgages