Aiken County Detention Center Mismanaged

Posted in the Aiken Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 68 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Robert

Orlando, FL

#1 Sep 5, 2010
The Aiken County Detention Center has experienced numerous cases of wrongful death and abuse of detainees. The facility is directed by Capt. Charles Barranco of the Aiken County Sheriff's Office.
worker

Aiken, SC

#2 Sep 8, 2010
if you happen to do your research right there have been no cases of wrongful death at the detention center. there have only been 4 deaths 3 of them by natural cause and one was an inmate on inmate fight. get the facts right.
justice

Alameda, CA

#3 Sep 8, 2010

MR worker.

But of course you would say that, you wouldnt want to have no job. When you say of natural causes
how do you know that, maybe that is what they are saying .If what they are saying about the sheriff Mr hunt as he is being sue , by a deputy. Maybe it needs to be investigated , what do you think ? it sounds like aiken sc has alot of problem .
TCB

United States

#4 Sep 9, 2010
Robert wrote:
The Aiken County Detention Center has experienced numerous cases of wrongful death and abuse of detainees. The facility is directed by Capt. Charles Barranco of the Aiken County Sheriff's Office.
Isn't the detention center managed by Sheriff Mike Hunt - the same guy that everyone is suing for not properly doing his JOB???
worker

Aiken, SC

#5 Oct 15, 2010
it's kind of hard to cover up the cause of death when anytime an inmate dies in the detention center per south carolina minimum standards for corrections, any time an inmate dies while in custody at a jail sled performs a full blown investigation and in case you were wondering sled is in no way affiliated with any local police department. the sheriff or the jail have no control in trying to cover up the cause of death due to the fact that sled uses their own medical examination staff to examine the deceased. so try again paco.
TGG

Union Point, GA

#6 Oct 17, 2010
worker wrote:
it's kind of hard to cover up the cause of death when anytime an inmate dies in the detention center per south carolina minimum standards for corrections, any time an inmate dies while in custody at a jail sled performs a full blown investigation and in case you were wondering sled is in no way affiliated with any local police department. the sheriff or the jail have no control in trying to cover up the cause of death due to the fact that sled uses their own medical examination staff to examine the deceased. so try again paco.
SLED you've got to be kidding me. SLED can't even conduct a proper investigation of Sheriff Mike Hunt failure to secure his weapon when it was unsecured in his truck and stolen, his misconduct in office and obstruction of justice with the bogus case he brought against Mike Toole so he could take his job as chief of the Clearwater Fire Department, or his numerous cases of misuse of government property as Sheriff Mike Hunt frequently allows county owned police cars to respond to fires in the Clearwater community and fire station. SLED is a worthless agency that turns a blindside to all of these, and more, incidents of Sheriff Mike Hunt's allegations (with probable cause) of misconduct in office. Him and his corrupt detention center are currently be sued for wrongful death of one of more inmates.
Maria

Wrens, GA

#7 Oct 20, 2010
justice wrote:
MR worker.
But of course you would say that, you wouldnt want to have no job. When you say of natural causes
how do you know that, maybe that is what they are saying .If what they are saying about the sheriff Mr hunt as he is being sue , by a deputy. Maybe it needs to be investigated , what do you think ? it sounds like aiken sc has alot of problem .
Why is the sheriff and detention center being sued for wrongful death of an inmate? Your comment doesn't make any sense.
SLED

Union Point, GA

#8 Oct 30, 2010
worker wrote:
it's kind of hard to cover up the cause of death when anytime an inmate dies in the detention center per south carolina minimum standards for corrections, any time an inmate dies while in custody at a jail sled performs a full blown investigation and in case you were wondering sled is in no way affiliated with any local police department. the sheriff or the jail have no control in trying to cover up the cause of death due to the fact that sled uses their own medical examination staff to examine the deceased. so try again paco.
SLED appears to be a puppet for the sheriff's office. SLED doesn't arrest anyone in law enforcement in Aiken County without first getting the nod from Sheriff Mike Hunt. They are a worthless agency if one is expecting independent law enforcement, review and/or oversight.
worker

United States

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Well basically don't break the law and then you won't come to jail and deal with us. I don't know ab the road division but the jail is ran without injunctions in office.
Megan

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2011
worker wrote:
Well basically don't break the law and then you won't come to jail and deal with us. I don't know ab the road division but the jail is ran without injunctions in office.
Too many people go there without any evidence which supports the charge(s) against them. Christina was a victim of the sheriff's corrupt system of justice.
worker

Aiken, SC

#11 Apr 1, 2011
christina had and still has more than enough evidence against her. once she is able to stand trial they will recharge with murder
WitcheyWoman

Columbia, MD

#12 Apr 2, 2011
"worker" when you responded to "justice" why did you refer to him as "PACO"? That mr. worker is discriminatory slang! So you do abuse your power!! My friend was just transferred from ACDC to Kirkland R&E. I can tell you from our many phone calls that the guards do harass and abuse detainees and I for one find that disgusting. As I am checking other United States detention centers, I find that this is most prevalent in the Southern States where this pathetic "Good Ole Boy Network" seems to live on strongly. One more question? How can Mike Hunt be sheriff of one town and fire chief of another town at the same time? Seems like your government needs a big fat shake down!! Glad I don't live there.
Tommy

Orlando, FL

#13 Apr 2, 2011
worker wrote:
christina had and still has more than enough evidence against her. once she is able to stand trial they will recharge with murder
That's a bunch of garbage and you know it. They had no physical evidence, no witness, nothing which would cause a jury of her peers to convict her beyond a reasonable doubt. That's why Judge Early declared her incompetent after staying in the local detention center for more than three years without having her right to a criminal trial. Her civil rights were violated and he knew that if a trial would have ever been held it would be a fiasco and circus for law enforcement who prematurely sought and obtained the unfounded arrest warrant for murder which they could not back up in front of a 12 person jury trial.
concerned citizen

Aiken, SC

#14 Apr 4, 2011
The stuff people post on this site are absolutely side hurting funny... I can't believe some of this stuff...Are you people serious??
WitchyWoman

Columbia, MD

#15 May 8, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
The stuff people post on this site are absolutely side hurting funny... I can't believe some of this stuff...Are you people serious??
Yes we are serious! Who the heck are you to find this so side hurting funny? Must be related to Sherrif Mike...Now that is funny!! LOL
tammy

Aiken, SC

#16 May 9, 2011
it is illegal to be a aiken police officer, and be married to a aiken judge, some thing should be done about it, there was a man at doctor's care on drugs, mcdonald's employees in aiken county spit in police officers food, there is a empty store in north augusta where people are growing marijuana
tammy

Aiken, SC

#17 May 9, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
The stuff people post on this site are absolutely side hurting funny... I can't believe some of this stuff...Are you people serious??
every thing I post is true, and I have witnesses
you must be stupid
worker

Lakeland, FL

#18 May 11, 2011
You come try to work with the scum of the earth and see if u don't harass them. Come in my shoes for a day. Better yet let's just release everyone back into society at witchywomans house in the hood!!
WitchyWoman

Columbia, MD

#19 May 19, 2011
worker wrote:
You come try to work with the scum of the earth and see if u don't harass them. Come in my shoes for a day. Better yet let's just release everyone back into society at witchywomans house in the hood!!
#1 you ignorant SOB you can't write or spell, do you even have a GED worker. I will be calling the law about you tomorrow Mr. Worker and I may even consult a Lawyer. I hardly live in the hood. You just may find your butt being sued! Good luck to you Mr. Worker.
worker

Aiken, SC

#20 May 24, 2011
as a matter of fact i have my bachelors in criminal justice. and you're gonna sue me? for using the word hood?....hmm. you sure do have a winning case right there "hood"witchywoman.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aiken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Representative Bill Taylor is a Failure Fri Cork 8
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Aug 27 NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
Robin Williams suicide caused by cyber bullying! Aug 27 Tommy T 4
Can anyone tell me? Aiken's Makin? Aug 27 Tommy T 1
Debate: Marijuana - Aiken, SC (Aug '10) Aug 24 Bubbletoes 43
Column: Nuclear industry has reshaped community Aug 22 Kiljoy 1
Juan Gamboa arrested by Aiken sheriff deputy Da... (Jan '14) Aug 18 Incompetent sheriff 74
•••
•••
Aiken Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Aiken Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Aiken People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Aiken News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Aiken
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••