christina elizabeth mavris detained 3...
WitcheyWoman

Clarksville, MD

#22 Apr 2, 2011
Hey "worker" why don't you get the heck off TOPIX. NO matter what anybody says, your response is verbatim (the exact same.) My advice to you would be: Before you criticize the law abiding citizens for their questions and responses, Make Sure Your Facts Are Straight!!!!! Mind telling us just what kind of "worker" you are?
Tommy

Ormond Beach, FL

#23 Apr 2, 2011
worker wrote:
Two months ago she was released from acdc and moved to a state hospital because she was found incompatent. But there is MORE than enough evidence to convict her. Once she gains her compatency they will most likely recharge her with the murder of her mother. But until then she's being held involunterally at the state mental hospital.
Why don't you tell us what your real name is worker and state that if she is not recharged with murder upon release from the state's mental hospital that you will submit your resignation from your job. This is contrary to what Solicitor Strom Thurmond stated that it would be unlikely to refile charges against her upon her release and he's not willing to play the stupid games the former incompetent Solicitor Barbara Morgan participated in. Thank God she's gone!
concerned citizen

Warrenville, SC

#24 Apr 4, 2011
Hey all you folks cursing the Sheriff over this Mabry case.. He didn't arrest her... Nope.. no one from the Sheriff's Office arrested her...
The Aiken Public Safety Dept. arrested her.. Yep the city of Aiken Police are the ones responsible for arresting her.... Just thought you might like to have some factual info on this...
John

Ormond Beach, FL

#25 Apr 4, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
Hey all you folks cursing the Sheriff over this Mabry case.. He didn't arrest her... Nope.. no one from the Sheriff's Office arrested her...
The Aiken Public Safety Dept. arrested her.. Yep the city of Aiken Police are the ones responsible for arresting her.... Just thought you might like to have some factual info on this...
She should have never been arrested by law enforcement if they did not have enough evidence to convict. The sheriff runs the detention center and he knew that it cost Aiken County taxpayers over $200,000 to detain her in his facility for over three years just to have the bogus murder lodged against her charge effectively dropped. It's not like the sheriff had his head buried in the sand during this whole ordeal although we would agree that he probably has his head buried in his as$.
Insane

Clarkson, KY

#26 Apr 12, 2011
worker wrote:
Two months ago she was released from acdc and moved to a state hospital because she was found incompatent. But there is MORE than enough evidence to convict her. Once she gains her compatency they will most likely recharge her with the murder of her mother. But until then she's being held involunterally at the state mental hospital.
How the heck would a jail "worker" know anything about the supposed evidence against her? I would say that the prosecuter would keep their plans close to their vest. I also would think that if a jury pool has been tainted by "workers" who receive their pay from the same state that looks to prosecute her, it is in her best interest to move the trial to a different county. Whether or not she was found competent, after being locked away for 4 years, she'd should be crazy.
Morgan

Augusta, GA

#27 Apr 13, 2011
John wrote:
<quoted text>She should have never been arrested by law enforcement if they did not have enough evidence to convict. The sheriff runs the detention center and he knew that it cost Aiken County taxpayers over $200,000 to detain her in his facility for over three years just to have the bogus murder lodged against her charge effectively dropped. It's not like the sheriff had his head buried in the sand during this whole ordeal although we would agree that he probably has his head buried in his as$.
Damn sheriff should be sued for this foolishness. We wasted over $100,000 in taxpayer funds keeping her in the county detention center without any evidence nor intention to ever take her to trial only to have the judge bail them out of this mess and essentially dismiss the bogus unfounded murder charge.

“The Captain Has Been Drinking!”

Since: Sep 10

Everywhere

#28 Apr 14, 2011
I am confident that "Worker" is just a nobody reapeating stuff he/she obtained from a friend of a friend that dated a guy once that works at.. you get the point.

What is my basis for that judgement, you ask? Think about this, would a person that is really directly involving in an ongoing investigation/conviction really risk their own job by violating the law by posting about it on Topix?

Think about it...

Oh, and Mike Hunt sucks, so does Aiken Public Safety.
worker

United States

#29 May 11, 2011
Heyyy witchy woman. Btw im a deputy been there goin on4 years
Aiken

Warrenville, SC

#30 Jan 15, 2012
Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>Damn sheriff should be sued for this foolishness. We wasted over $100,000 in taxpayer funds keeping her in the county detention center without any evidence nor intention to ever take her to trial only to have the judge bail them out of this mess and essentially dismiss the bogus unfounded murder charge.
Go Figure - All charges lacking required evidence were dismissed against her after sheriff mike hunt wasted over $100,000 in our tax dollars expending law enforcement, detention and the prosecutor's time cleaning up the mess he caused with his knee jerk reaction and arrest charges leveled against her. Why are we continuing to give Sheriff Mike Hunt over $5,000,000 in county tax dollars to mis-managed our local detention center on Wire Road. Aiken County tax dollars come from property taxes (personal, commercial and private property), fee & fines, sales taxes, etc.
worker

San Fernando, CA

#31 Apr 18, 2012
Christina mavris just got re-aressted. god love being right
Voter

Bath, SC

#32 Apr 19, 2012
worker wrote:
How much money is this going to cost Aiken County taxpayers this time? Last time Mike Hunt kept her in our detention center for over four years without a trial violating her civil rights amd costing us over $500,000. At this point it's still questionable if there is even enough evidence to take her to trial. We should be able to take her to trial in short order given the fact that prosecutors claimed last time that they were ready for trial - hope they did not lie about that? This game has gone on long enough and now they don't have Judge Doyet Early to get them out of making good on their threat of a jury trial. If she is convicted agree then about being right - hope this case doesn't end up costing Aiken County a small forture like the Casey Anthony case down in Florida. We may have a better chance of taking Mike Hunt back to trial for the 1st degree murder of Thomas Lewis since he fired all rounds from his 9mm Ruger against this unarmed man having two SLED witnesses present at the incident location.

Everywhere

#33 Apr 19, 2012
Ms. Marvis is presumed innocent? I thought she was presumed crazy, being htat she was hospitalized at the S.C. Department of Mental Health for almost a year and a half before she was released Wednesday morning into police custody.

God, I love being right...

http://www.aikenstandard.com/story/0419Mavris...
alison

Aiken, SC

#34 Apr 19, 2012
I smell more crap from the people busted by hunt learning how to use computers
Amber

Warrenville, SC

#35 Apr 19, 2012
Will have to agree we have too many Aiken County Sheriff Deputy cars in Aiken County. Big waste of taxpayers' money (car cost, maintenance and gas). Hope Mike doesn't get mad at me for expressing my personal opinion on this subject.

Everywhere

#36 Apr 20, 2012
alison wrote:
I smell more crap from the people busted by hunt learning how to use computers
I am still trying to translate that into an intelligible thoughtÂ…
andy

Aiken, SC

#37 Apr 21, 2012
can you read or do you wish me to define each word osama?
Nathan

Flowery Branch, GA

#38 Apr 22, 2012
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
How much money is this going to cost Aiken County taxpayers this time? Last time Mike Hunt kept her in our detention center for over four years without a trial violating her civil rights amd costing us over $500,000. At this point it's still questionable if there is even enough evidence to take her to trial. We should be able to take her to trial in short order given the fact that prosecutors claimed last time that they were ready for trial - hope they did not lie about that? This game has gone on long enough and now they don't have Judge Doyet Early to get them out of making good on their threat of a jury trial. If she is convicted agree then about being right - hope this case doesn't end up costing Aiken County a small forture like the Casey Anthony case down in Florida. We may have a better chance of taking Mike Hunt back to trial for the 1st degree murder of Thomas Lewis since he fired all rounds from his 9mm Ruger against this unarmed man having two SLED witnesses present at the incident location.
Have to agree 4 years is a long time to keep someone locked up in a county jail without giving them a trial nor accepting a guilty plea. Aiken sounds like a really screwed up place to live. This girl should sue whoever was responsible for doing this. It doesn't sound right at all.

Everywhere

#39 Apr 22, 2012
andy wrote:
can you read or do you wish me to define each word osama?
I can read English, however I am unable to interpret that string of random words. Do you speak English? Do they speak English in this county? I hear and read English words, but I can honestly say that the comment in reference is completely unable to convey an tangible thought to those that are not 16th generation inbred redneck retard.
Jim

Warrenville, SC

#40 Apr 24, 2012
Sorry you folks have once again been misinformed. The Sheriff did not arrest this girl. She was arrested by the City of Aiken for murdering her mother. The Sheriff has no control over when a person goes to trial. that is a decision made by the solicitors office and the trial judge and them alone. Get your facts straight before you go off on crap that you know nothing about please.. otherwise it makes you look stupid.
County Taxpayer

Aiken, SC

#41 Jun 26, 2012
Jim wrote:
Sorry you folks have once again been misinformed. The Sheriff did not arrest this girl. She was arrested by the City of Aiken for murdering her mother. The Sheriff has no control over when a person goes to trial. that is a decision made by the solicitors office and the trial judge and them alone. Get your facts straight before you go off on crap that you know nothing about please.. otherwise it makes you look stupid.
She was re-arrested on April 18, 2012 and remains in detention in the sheriff's detention center on Wire Road at a cost to local taxpayers of $50-$75/day. How long are we going to keep her in detention before she gets a fair trial? Someone needs to put a stop to this foolishness. Either we have the evidence to try this case or we don't. Let move on with justice and stop wasting limited county tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aiken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aiken County Detention Center Mismanaged (Sep '10) 17 hr Ditzygal 69
Aiken County Bad Cop Tommy Platt Sat Hunt 1
Aiken Regional Hospital is the most racist & in... Jul 21 dr abbiy 1
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jul 15 Ray Natch 61
News Pastor to support ALS awareness by jogging thro... (Jan '16) Jul 14 Yolonda Holmez 120
News Tony Frazier - from under the hood to behind th... Jul 12 nadine zacharie 1
News Sheriff: 4 Investigators Fired, One Performed S... (Oct '07) Jul 8 Black Lives Matter 337

Aiken Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aiken Mortgages