Red Pepper Cafe Breaks the Law on a R...

Red Pepper Cafe Breaks the Law on a Regular Basis

Posted in the Aiken Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Neighbor

North Augusta, SC

#1 Apr 20, 2012
I really wish this place would stop violating the City of Aiken's noise ordinance on weeknights. For whatever reason, they have outdoor live bands at night even though they are across the street from a residential area. Oh well, let the cops levy a few $1092.50 fines on them, maybe they will get the point.

But, if they are so nonchalant about violating that law, could they have the same attitude regarding public health laws as well?

“The Captain Has Been Drinking!”

Since: Sep 10

Everywhere

#2 Apr 20, 2012
Yes, a thousand dollar fine will indeed put a stop to that.
dan

United States

#3 Apr 21, 2012
Call the police about it and make a report
Neighbor

Aiken, SC

#4 Apr 21, 2012
How do you think they found out about the $1092.50 fine :D
The Red Pepper

North Augusta, SC

#5 Apr 25, 2012
Dear "Neighbor",

We hear you and apologize. We are working to lessen/dampen the sound out of respect to those who live nearby. We absolutely do not want to upset our neighbors with loud music. We are taking action to minimize this. Thank you for the feedback (we have school aged children and can appreciate your frustration).

Furthermore, I can assure you that the last thing we want to do is to make our patrons sick. I can assure you that our food handling procedures are strict and we consistently score highly in our inspections.

We're a local, family owned business and Aiken is our home. It would not be in our best interest to alienate anyone.

Regards,

John, Susie & Tony
tammy craig

Mount Pleasant, SC

#6 Apr 26, 2012
they should be arrested if they are loud
Neighbor

Aiken, SC

#7 Apr 26, 2012
I understand your desire to cover your own ass and type a rebuttal that makes you sound so noble and understanding; however, your actions in running your business speak louder than the words you type here.
If you truly felt that way, you would have been respecting the law to begin with.
If you truly are concerned, you would have complied when your business was called by the offended party directly, instead of blowing him off and continuing with violating the noise ordinance.
If you truly do not want to alienate your customers and community, you would have complied with that law the FIRST time the police showed up, instead waiting until the public safety officer left to continue with your loud music late into the night on a Thursday.
If you truly do not want to alienate your customers and community, you would have complied with that law the SECOND, time the police showed up, instead waiting until the public safety officer left to continue with your loud music late into the night on a Thursday.
If you truly do not want to alienate your customers and community, you would have complied with that law the THIRD, yes THIRD time the police showed up, instead waiting until the public safety officer left to continue with your loud music late into the night on a Thursday.
It was not until after Aiken Public Safety had to show up a THIRD TIME to remind you of the $1092.50 fine that you would be facing that you complied.
If you truly do not want to alienate your customers and community, you would not still be violating this law right now as I type this!!!!
Yes, it seems your actions speak louder than they words you type, and it seems your word is completely worthless.
Or maybe, you are not even in control of your business and you are unable to hold your employees accountable for their actions.
Either way, you do this three times per week, risking potential of $170,430 in fines levied against you that might get the point across. So either way, you are doomed to fail in your business venture.
Have fun, and stop lying to everyone here when it comes to breaking the law, it is on public record.

“The Captain Has Been Drinking!”

Since: Sep 10

Everywhere

#8 Apr 27, 2012
So, what you are saying is, that the same day the owners post on here that they are concerned and they are going to do things right, the same exact thing happens that very night?

Messed up...
Neighbor

Aiken, SC

#9 Apr 27, 2012
Once again, as I am typing this, youa re still breaking the law for the second night in a row. You just don't get it, do you? Oh well, i guess I have to call the cops again.
the cops

United States

#10 Apr 27, 2012
Holy crap it is loud up in here
worker

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2012
Quit bein such a prude and get laid neighbor
andy

United States

#12 Apr 28, 2012
I used to live in the apartments off the bypass and would hear ambulances blaring sirens all night long but I did not complain. If sound levels are the worst thing you got going on be grateful and get some ear plugs.
Neighbor

North Augusta, SC

#13 Apr 30, 2012
Sorry, worker. I appreciate the offer, but your gaping manhole is just too loose for my tastes.
andy

Aiken, SC

#15 May 8, 2012
Someone must have gotten laid
Neighbor

Aiken, SC

#16 May 12, 2012
Dear "John, Susie & Tony,"
The last time the cops showed up at your "establishment" you promised them that you would have the music off by 11:00 PM. Here it is, 11:30 and you are still playing loud music, just like you did last night, just like you did on A FRAKING THURSDAY NIGHT!!! Seriously, who the hell has live bands, outdoors, across the street from a residential neighborhood on a damn weeknight? And then actually has thou audacity to claim that you "absolutely do not want to upset our neighbors with loud music" only to constantly do so every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night after making that claim?

I know who does, the same kind of jerk-offs that LIE to the POLICE and say they will be done by 11:00, that's who.

Anyway, I am looking forward to installing sub woofers in my car, waking up at 4:00 AM and parking my car on the street next to your house for a few hours, assaulting your family with unwelcome sounds..

Douche bag..

P.S. It would not be as bad if you hired bands that weren't so horrible, you need to get your money back from the booking agent.
neighbor

Aiken, SC

#17 May 24, 2012
Once again, the coked-out retards that are manning the red Pepper café are violating my household with loud music that I can clearly hear inside my house. Maybe if the douche bag fuqwits that ran the place at least were able to pretend like they give a rat’s ass about the community that they operate in, they would at least refrain from doing this ON A FUQING WEEKNIGHT!!!!

Seriously, what kind of failure in life operates a bar that has live music on weeknights? The kind that caters to other losers that like to stay up late and drive drunk on weeknights, that’s who.

So, John, Susie & Tony, how does it feel to be the type of douche bags that piss all over the community that you are making money off of? Mark my words, you can crap the bed you sleep in for only so long before you get covered in it as well.
neighbor

Aiken, SC

#19 Jun 7, 2012
The fuqtards are still doing it tonight.
neighbor

North Augusta, SC

#20 Jun 29, 2012
Those despicable cretins were doing again on a weeknight. Seriously, I can still hear the music inside my house while I am wearing earplugs trying to sleep. How is this acceptable? Why is it that the worthless civic leaders allow this behavior to continue? The civic leaders of Aiken always paint this picture of how perfect Aiken is, but my own experience tells me otherwise.

One time a police officer told me that “They need to make a living too?” Really? Having loud music outside late at night on a week night selling booze across the street from a residential neighborhood is “Just making a living?” Are these the values that our civic leaders want to convey to their people? Guess what, people that sell drugs are trying to make a living, does that make it okay?
neighbor

Aiken, SC

#21 Jul 5, 2012
The dumbass there is actually playing electical instruments outdoors during a lightening storm.
neighbor

Aiken, SC

#22 Jul 5, 2012
Who's house is this?
http://maps.google.com/maps...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aiken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Soccer Leagues? (Mar '07) Feb 16 Rielee 5
Need info on Dean Ivey Feb 4 Dunno 4
News Sheriff: 4 Investigators Fired, One Performed S... (Oct '07) Jan 21 Platt 345
Aiken County Sheriff Mike Hunt Indicted for Mur... (Apr '12) Jan '18 Platt 202
Aiken County Magistrate Melanie DeBose Dating A... Jan '18 Platt 2
Ashley Agnew Hammack - Assistant Solicitor (Jul '15) Jan '18 Weldon 15
Representative Bill Taylor is a Failure (Aug '14) Jan '18 Weldon 21

Aiken Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aiken Mortgages