Letters to the editor - Hawaii Editorials

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

There's more to aloha for Christmas Than just candlelights and cheer; It's the aloha spirit of ohana friendship That brightens all the years; It is the kokua and thoughtfulness It is hope that Hawaii's foundation Is strong again for the New Year For our loved ones who Are not here for Christmas, Although we may be far apart, We're together, heart ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pearl City Senior

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

boondoggs wrote:
<quoted text>
anti-zionist-- so are a lot of other people-- including all every jewish friend of mine. I suppose it's a coincidence that the US built the inter-state highway system about the same time we create israel-- to destabilize the mideast & get access to arab oil. Truman was an anti-semite, his wife didn't let jews in their house-- then all sudden he wants to give the jews israel-- not really his to give, what did the mideast have to do w/ WWII-- he used jews as patsies to destabilize region.
If any of your friends claim to be Jewish, I'd ask for their birth certificate as verification.
Let me set you straight. Israel was founded in 1948. The interstate highway system was started by Pres. Eisenhower in the 1950's. It was created so slugs like you could get from point A to B without getting lost. Back then. we used to pump our own oil.
Sec of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau (a Jew) served under Roosevelt AND Truman. I suspect he made it to the White House on occasion. With or without Mrs. Truman being home.
No one gave the Jews Israel. They earned it the hard way.
WWII involved the Middle East because of the Italians and the Germans. Remember? They started the war. And maybe, you might want to consider, that Pres. Truman AND the US Government recognized Israel's right to survival because of the threat from the surrounding Arab countries. Hashimite Jordan, Egypt, et al. But, you might also want to consider that there was and never has been a Palestinian people until they self-declared after the founding of Israel. You, young fella, get an F in American and world history. a do over next semester. Oh, and no charge for the history lesson.
boondoggs

Princeville, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

exactly GERMANS & ITALIANS--Just b/c they had colonialist tendencies has nothing to do w/ it.
boondoggs

Princeville, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

i don't think birth certificates list weather or not a person is a jew. or am I too confirm their name is really herman, cohen, etc & then follow them to synagogue
Pearl City Senior

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

boondoggs wrote:
i don't think birth certificates list weather or not a person is a jew. or am I too confirm their name is really herman, cohen, etc & then follow them to synagogue
Instead of being accused of stalking them you can just ask them to say a bit of the Hallel.
boondoggs

Princeville, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

how about i just offer them bacon, i was raised catholic, they could be telling to go F myself in hebrew & wouldn't know the difference.
Pearl City Senior

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

boondoggs wrote:
how about i just offer them bacon, i was raised catholic, they could be telling to go F myself in hebrew & wouldn't know the difference.
Once you resort to infantile comments like this, you lose the argument.
boondoggs

Princeville, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

you must be getting senile senior-- look a few posts up on how YOU need jewish verification. Maybe you should send your identification suggestions to your nearest neo-nazi chapter.
boondoggs

Princeville, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

now please excuse me from this wonderfulness, this young man needs to go change my tampon
Pearl City Senior

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

boondoggs wrote:
you must be getting senile senior-- look a few posts up on how YOU need jewish verification. Maybe you should send your identification suggestions to your nearest neo-nazi chapter.
I see you've been unfairly judging some of my posts.
You have to be female, you must get the last word in.
But, you're still a loser in this arena.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

Pearl City Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really serious? My support is the history of the region. Yours is strictly anti-Semitic.
Have you ever checked on Pallywood? They stage these attacks and fictitious deaths and then CBS comes along and reports them as fact. Of course Palestinians were killed. I'm not denying that. So were many Israelis. But what do you expect when you attack someone? Of course they are going to fight back and people are going to die.
I see that whatever I say you are going to turn the Palestinians into victims when they are merely aggressors and stooges for Jordan and Syria.
You have offered no support for your point of view except your own opinion. Not good enough -- certainly not convincing to anyone who prefers data. Pat from Kailua made a statement. It's been supported by what is out there on the 'Net. I've shown you two examples, but you've offered opinion only.

Not having anything else to say, you offer very mediocre responses and baiting assumptions about the person responding: "... you must be Jimmy Carter", "are you Muslim?", "Jewish and in denial", "medication adjusted", "anti-Semitic" ... and so on.

That's not very convincing. You aren't making your point well and you have weakened any point that could be based on your say-so when you do that.

You should know that Arabs and Palestinians are also "Semitic" so your characterization of what I have given you is especially off-base and far more telling about you than me.

You don't know your history well enough to respond to the facts given, so you insinuate.

Do as you please, but you don't have a point to make that's worth consideration.
Whats a Little Rocket

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>You are quite ignorant about the subject. Israel is the terrorist, the agressors. SHouldn't the Palestinians have right to defend themselves?
Exactly. Just because the Hamas Charter repeatedly calls for the obliteration of Israel and the massacre of Jews, and just because Hamas lobs rockets onto civilian Israeli targets, there is no reason for Israel to take military action against anyone. They should realize that all this talk about killing Jews, and all these rocket attacks, should not be taken too seriously!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Aiea Discussions

Search the Aiea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Memorial Day lei donation sites announced May '14 American_Infidel 14
Rail project closes lanes at busy Pearl City in... Apr '14 Guru 7
Review: Island Realty Group LLC (Oct '09) Apr '14 Piss Poor 20
Hawaii Construction Boom: New Developments Comi... Apr '14 Puke 4 3
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 7
Csea Apr '14 Ohana 1
Review: Cash 4 Cars Apr '14 Me again 1
•••
•••