why is hawaii rasist tword non-locals?

Posted in the Aiea Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MJM

Aiea, HI

#1 Jul 15, 2007
i hav lived here 4 a long 5 years. and i have been bullied, tortured, threatend, and a grl tried to drown me! most locals of this state dont seem to wanto accept others. locals to hawaii have threatend to kill me and have bullied me for a long time.since i am white. they say i am forighn to theyr islands. hawaii is apart of america! the united states! i am frm america! so im not forighn. still. i hav sufferd enough. i hate it here. its horrible for me.
amanda

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2007
Well..I'm a local girl and I have plenty haole friends. I think you've come across ignorant people because I know that my family and all my friends never act that way. Do you come across as having an attitude?
Jean

Honolulu, HI

#3 Aug 21, 2007
MJM wrote:
i hav lived here 4 a long 5 years. and i have been bullied, tortured, threatend, and a grl tried to drown me! most locals of this state dont seem to wanto accept others. locals to hawaii have threatend to kill me and have bullied me for a long time.since i am white. they say i am forighn to theyr islands. hawaii is apart of america! the united states! i am frm america! so im not forighn. still. i hav sufferd enough. i hate it here. its horrible for me.
you have a layer , cival rights , i am resident here am white native Hawaiians hug me look at me as family i adapt any where lived in another countries are you sure you not provacking any one .
Jean

Honolulu, HI

#4 Aug 21, 2007
The Hawaiians land the people , many walks of life you got to remember all walksof lifes , But that you find any where . But everyones dream come to Hawaii the melting pot , I AS LOCAL lets tighten as others do in coming , too many in this country , Of course like the other writer commented along the same line , We need to say enough is enough , Microniasians they know how to milk the system , Put thenm all back on a boat .

“we all belong somwhere”

Since: Aug 07

Wakigan, Illinoise

#5 Aug 21, 2007
amanda wrote:
Well..I'm a local girl and I have plenty haole friends. I think you've come across ignorant people because I know that my family and all my friends never act that way. Do you come across as having an attitude?
no, i dont come across as havin an attitude. and i never said all locals r bad. my bf is local some friends r local. its just so many ppl here judge me b4 they get to know me.

“we all belong somwhere”

Since: Aug 07

Wakigan, Illinoise

#6 Aug 21, 2007
oh btw i am MJM

“we all belong somwhere”

Since: Aug 07

Wakigan, Illinoise

#7 Aug 21, 2007
Jean wrote:
The Hawaiians land the people , many walks of life you got to remember all walksof lifes , But that you find any where . But everyones dream come to Hawaii the melting pot , I AS LOCAL lets tighten as others do in coming , too many in this country , Of course like the other writer commented along the same line , We need to say enough is enough , Microniasians they know how to milk the system , Put thenm all back on a boat .
i guess ur right. its just wen i frst moved to hawaii. i wasnt accepted because of racial slurs kids at school made. im judged for my looks. and my skin. instead of my mind and personality. i wrote this topic so long ago. i guess i forgot about it. idk if u know how i feel. but i hav sufferd for so long. i hav been beaten down. i had to go through hell,(omg im actually crying-_-) i just sometimes wonder. they think its ok for the locals at my school to bad mouth the mainland. but i know they wuld hunt me down and beat me bloody sencless if i trash talked hawaii. its not fair how some locals treat others. not all locals. but some.i didnt have anyone to talk to and express my fealings until i found topix... i fear my school. ppl ther threaten my very life.i fear hawaii. after wut i have gone through. i should be aloud to say i cant stand it here. i love my friends. but others who judge me...it hurts. it hurts so badly. im prepared to move the first week of september with no regrets.if they can bad mouth where im from. y cant they see life frm my point of view? im miserable all the time. im done. no more. i had to suffer in fear for too long. hawaii is beautiful. but im ready to leave.
SUISA

Hilo, HI

#8 Aug 22, 2007
InuYasha-Babe518 wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess ur right. its just wen i frst moved to hawaii. i wasnt accepted because of racial slurs kids at school made. im judged for my looks. and my skin. instead of my mind and personality. i wrote this topic so long ago. i guess i forgot about it. idk if u know how i feel. but i hav sufferd for so long. i hav been beaten down. i had to go through hell,(omg im actually crying-_-) i just sometimes wonder. they think its ok for the locals at my school to bad mouth the mainland. but i know they wuld hunt me down and beat me bloody sencless if i trash talked hawaii. its not fair how some locals treat others. not all locals. but some.i didnt have anyone to talk to and express my fealings until i found topix... i fear my school. ppl ther threaten my very life.i fear hawaii. after wut i have gone through. i should be aloud to say i cant stand it here. i love my friends. but others who judge me...it hurts. it hurts so badly. im prepared to move the first week of september with no regrets.if they can bad mouth where im from. y cant they see life frm my point of view? im miserable all the time. im done. no more. i had to suffer in fear for too long. hawaii is beautiful. but im ready to leave.
you sound young hang in there no one let timadate you .

“we all belong somwhere”

Since: Aug 07

Wakigan, Illinoise

#9 Aug 22, 2007
SUISA wrote:
<quoted text>you sound young hang in there no one let timadate you .
thanks. and im 14. just started high school.=_= thanks for ur kind words
gyuryp

Honolulu, HI

#10 Aug 25, 2007
Others should not get to you , i too not like some Micronisians they strut around so high and mighty glot and proud to be single mom on the dole .... Hawaii needs to stop being the boader for arrival .. othere places enforce , here this state doesnot care , close of boaders if canot carry ones own weight , its a fee hand me out ... tourist need to protest Hawaii is way over praised
Molokai

Pearl City, HI

#11 Aug 29, 2007
I think everyone needs to do the background research on y we are the way we are. Everything has a reason. you just need to understand.
SHRESKU

Hilo, HI

#12 Aug 30, 2007
Fact most Hawaiians fat unattracted lazy people think Hawaii owes them to sit on their fat ungle asses , Asians work very hard go getters , Blkacks low key ,Some are well off here , otheres are bums and a dusgrace to society sleep in parks go to river of life , close that place businesses sick of peple peeing around smell wash side walks do mentally ill drugggies most few widows widowers and few very educated but down . Druggies mostly This state should start cuttting things like every where elese has .... they some get checks but use on drugs their choice parks bathrooms showers desgrace by home less , if homeless contact the Care Van or call211 ruin your life by drugging it ..
Timo FROM KAILUA

United States

#13 Sep 3, 2007
Let's start off by saying that generally "LOCALS" seem to have a beef with any sort of caucasian race... I mean for the entire time I've lived here I always knew there was a sense of hostility from the other race... I am kama'aina, born and raised here in the islands, grew up in Manoa, went to Punahou and now I live with my beautiful family in Kailua... The thing that bothers me is the hostility that my children risk facing in the everyday world outside of Kailua... It just seems like everywhere else is well, so not like here...
shresku

Honolulu, HI

#14 Sep 6, 2007
Timo yes i fully agree , another issue look at the ferry sitution , if people didnot want to send things to this island , or tourist Hawaii would be a lame duck further more.
tom

AOL

#15 Sep 6, 2007
unfortunatly only dark kine people are usually considered (local) in hawaii, even if your just off the boat. some locals mostly of non hawaiian descent or part hawaiian descent seem to have the most beef with haoles. most of the hawaiian activists have very little hawaiian blood or are only part hawaiian ( the trask sisters). my advice is to learn to speak pidgin, learn to use chop sticks, in other words if you act like a local you will most likely be treated like one. hawaii is a very small place and people there feel threatened that there way of life will be lost to the way people live in the mainland. also hawaii is a very insular and multi-cultural society, pidgin became a common language there so everyone could understand each other. it sets them apart and makes them special. in hawaii you must fit in, like the japanese saying the nail that sticks up will get hammered down, in order to get along you must act 'local'. if you act like a hoale you will get treated like one. if you act local you will propably get treated like one no matter how pale you are. my advice learn local ways, and then if anyone questions you claim some distant hawaiian ancestry, but make sure your pidgin and local kine ways are good first.
Hawaii4TheWin

United States

#16 Sep 9, 2007
Yeah, listen to tom... His pidgin sucks... He thinks he's so local... I'd drop him in 3 seconds... Typical IGNORANT Haole... "Just learned how to use chopsticks so no local will blindside you with his fist" The truth is, if I heard any haole trying to talk pidgin and use local slang, I would be tempted to crack dem upside down...Why? It's because they're just feeding the stereotype that white people always have to copy other peoples customs and cultures because they don't have their own... It wouldn't matter if they knew how to use chopsticks... It's the projection of their attitude and the way they carry themselves... Don't listen to Tom, he receives a lot of heat from locals because he sends out the wrong vibe...

Sup tom u fricka... from Timo
Austi needs Eyedrops

United States

#17 Sep 9, 2007
Girl who needs advice:

"if you act like a hoale(haole) you get treated like one..." -tom from aol

Acting like a haole is everything that Tom told you to do...

And Mr. Tom, one thing that might be partially right that you said was that locals of part-Hawaiian descent have beef with haoles cause I gotta beef with you... How many pure bred Kanaks do you think are left? I hope your answer is not many. But I believe that each pure bred Kanak out in there has a beef with Haoles because they're the reason why there is so little of them left... I can just tell your not a Kanak by the way you explain things, very ignorantly...

Kanak (adj.noun) slang for Kanaka; meaning person of aboriginal descent of the islands of Hawai'i; racial slur used by whites in reference to Native Hawaiians

"Wassup Kanak"

"Stupid lazy Kanak"
Rainbow

Newark, NJ

#18 Sep 11, 2007
Well I am white blond and blue eyed but also cherokkee indian. I lived in Hawaii for 8 months and the first couple months I stuck out a lot and got a little picked on. Then I stopped caring and just be who I am, and crazy jersey girl, and wasn't too sacred. I think I should have been though. Then locals began to see me around and be ok to me. But I also felt like an outsider. because really I was. I was only Hawaiian Native in my past life, not this one too bad. Sucks because Natives no matter where always get the shit. Basically, even on the mainland I live in NJ there is such a mix of people who are racist and evverything. Everyone jus needs to moove on and look beyond color and origin. We all people. We can all make babies together if we want! Whateva. But we should remain who we are and keep our own culture and originality. No pretend to be a culture to fantisize about.
I just want peace.
Hawaii4TheWin

United States

#19 Sep 11, 2007
True to that Rainbow...
Haole Boy from Ewa Beach

Markleysburg, PA

#20 Sep 11, 2007
I grw up in Ewa Beach and graduated from Campbell. My wife is Hawaiian from Waianae. No matter my family lived in Hawaii before it was a state,I'm still a Hoale. Your very honest in your comment bradda. I'm in the mainland now and hate all the stupid frickin hatred from brown ass holes who can;t fight unless they out weigh you by 50lbs or they are with thier friends. I would fight you any time asshole. The true Hawaiians are actually very nice and smart. I will be in Maui visiting the real Hawaiians and then back to Oahu to slap the hatred out of you.
Aloha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aiea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you think michelle c t the real estate agent... 14 hr up yours 2
Shooting stays with officer for 20 years [The H... Sep 13 akamai 9
Bruce Milles (Sep '08) Sep 10 POLIAHU 41
Custodian denies sex assault on schoolboy, atto... Sep 7 District 1 2
Review: Bill Ramsey Inc (Jul '08) Sep 5 So tired of this ... 41
Review: Island Realty Group LLC (Oct '09) Aug 30 Tracy Manhan 22
Ewa Beach Music Thread (May '12) Aug 26 Musikologist 16
•••
•••
Aiea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Aiea Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Aiea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Aiea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Aiea
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••