Review: Island Realty Group LLC

Posted in the Aiea Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 1
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Searle yakova

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2009
These people really know what thier doing fantastic service from a small island style company with lots if heart... I've done many real estate transactions in my time and never were they handled with the precision and honesty like island realty group... Ask for Toti or Tracy Manhan they are fantastic!!!
Thomas

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2009
Wow, I'd do it with them again
Javi

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2009
Great people, great service. Toti and Tracy were profesionla and skilled.
Brian

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jan 19, 2010
What a great bunch to work with. Marta Ryan was my agent and she was terrific! She above and beyond what a normal agent does. Highly recommended.
darren and sarah

Ewa Beach, HI

#5 Jan 26, 2010
Toti and Tracy made our first experience house hunting so much fun and walked us through the whole process over and over. They were very supportive and re-assuring to my wife when she would freak out and get all funny kind. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy or rent. Losing our first time buyers virginity was an awesome experience.
BEN

United States

#6 Sep 6, 2010
They where trash in my BOOK!!!
Matt n Mayi

Overland Park, KS

#7 Sep 10, 2010
We have known the Toti and Tracy for over 7 years now personally and professionally. We have sold, bought, re-sold and rented our homes from them. Could not ask for a more professional team of people working side by side towards buying/selling/renting your home. We would highly recommend this team.
Tiffany

New York, NY

#8 Feb 1, 2012
Toti and Tracy are BY FAR the worst property managers. They allowed our tenant to go 3 months without paying!! My husband and I called each of them atleast 20 times and did not hear back from them for weeks. We eventually had to move on to another property manager. If you want your home handled appropriately, DO NOT use these people!
Lydia

Kapolei, HI

#9 Feb 24, 2012
Property owners beware. As far as property management goes, this company is extremely unprofessional. Impossible to get in touch, rude to clients, terrible service.
Aja Pascual

Wailuku, HI

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Kevin was our property manager, and he was downright disrespectful and unprofessional. Steer clear of this company, he has no consideration for his tenants.
Man

United States

#11 Jan 28, 2013
Aja Pascual wrote:
Kevin was our property manager, and he was downright disrespectful and unprofessional. Steer clear of this company, he has no consideration for his tenants.
Totaly agree, a lot of people have told me the same and i experienced it for myself, I was also told that he looks through his tenants mail. I think someone caught him on a spy camera so they are thinking bout taking it to court.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Totaly agree, a lot of people have told me the same and i experienced it for myself, I was also told that he looks through his tenants mail. I think someone caught him on a spy camera so they are thinking bout taking it to court.
Why are they "Thinking about it?" It's a federal offense, and if the have video evidence it's their duty to report it. That is, unless they are full of shyt in the first place.
Jane D

Ewa Beach, HI

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Horrible experience! When we first started renting from them Kevin was called me up and basically told me off for not retiring his call. Fyi i did return his call and he wouldn't answer. The lockbox was left on my door for months and a part was missing from my fridge for months. Kevin R. did not return any calls or texts and did not respond to letters I sent. When it was time to move they were so rude and unprofessional. Kevin didn't even go through the final walk through. He sent someone that never saw the property before. He showed us completely different paperwork from when we signed to when we vacated. He called me and spent 20 minutes telling me off and being so rude and unprofessional because just we called the office trying to get a hold of him and told them he wouldn't return our calls. I could go on and on. This was by far the worst experience we have ever had. We have always been clean, respectful, quiet tenants who paid on time. They lie to get you in and try to steal from you when you leave. To top it off, they rip into you and ignore you when you try to et answers. STAY AWAY!!!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 26, 2013
If they were as bad as you say they would be out of business in a heartbeat. "They try to steal from you when you leave." Please explain what the tried to steal from you that was worth risking their business for. They were probably so happy to replace you that they had a party. I bet they replaced the refrigerator for the next tenant too. LOL at the whining renter.
Renter

Aiea, HI

#15 May 3, 2013
My experience with IRG has been wishy-washy. We are currently ending our first year renting with them and there were alot of plumbing and structural problems that they did not disclose when we first signed the lease. We were not able to use one bathroom for a few months as a result! No reimbursement either. Our only option was to move. We decided to stay anyway and deal with it because the rent amount is really reasonable/low for the area. Additionally, our rental agent never returns any of our emails or addresses our concerns. We were referred to the boss, Kevin. Kevin, is extremely rude and if you have a question he will bite your head off. All in all, we will not stay with this company when our lease ends. Although, they seemed very nice and the rental was awesome when we first met, it was all too good to be true. They have some shady business practices. I am just waiting to see if they try to take our security deposit for the pre existing problems that they did not disclose of in the lease. I will update if they do.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16 May 3, 2013
Renter wrote:
My experience with IRG has been wishy-washy. We are currently ending our first year renting with them and there were alot of plumbing and structural problems that they did not disclose when we first signed the lease. We were not able to use one bathroom for a few months as a result! No reimbursement either. Our only option was to move. We decided to stay anyway and deal with it because the rent amount is really reasonable/low for the area. Additionally, our rental agent never returns any of our emails or addresses our concerns. We were referred to the boss, Kevin. Kevin, is extremely rude and if you have a question he will bite your head off. All in all, we will not stay with this company when our lease ends. Although, they seemed very nice and the rental was awesome when we first met, it was all too good to be true. They have some shady business practices. I am just waiting to see if they try to take our security deposit for the pre existing problems that they did not disclose of in the lease. I will update if they do.
All apartment buildings eventually haven problems, so why not try to fix minor problems yourself? A leaky pipe can cause all sorts of heartache and many times it's the fault of a 10 cent washer and the tenants let it go for months instead of grabbing a wrench. I had a tenant that broke a shower valve and let it spray on the wall for a week before calling me. I paid $90 to fix the valve and then charged him $500 for being an asshole about it.
Renter

Aiea, HI

#17 May 9, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> All apartment buildings eventually haven problems, so why not try to fix minor problems yourself? A leaky pipe can cause all sorts of heartache and many times it's the fault of a 10 cent washer and the tenants let it go for months instead of grabbing a wrench. I had a tenant that broke a shower valve and let it spray on the wall for a week before calling me. I paid $90 to fix the valve and then charged him $500 for being an asshole about it.
I understand where you are coming from but this was much bigger than a small leaky pipe. Unknown to us, our bathroom had flooded the bathroom in the unit below us before we moved in and continued to have a heavy ("heavy" as in water cascading down the wall in the downstairs unit)leak whenever the shower/bath was on. The previous owners of our unit were sued because of it and ended up going through foreclosure. IRG was aware of the situation and knew the bathroom was not supposed to be in use because the HOA (current owner of the unit) did not repair it while they had it listed for rent. They did not mention one bit of this during our first look through or when we met at their office a few days later to sign the lease and obtain the keys. It was not disclosed of within the lease either. We were informed a few days into staying here when the downstairs neighbor came pounding on our door one night threatening to sue us (she thought we had bought the place) and ended up laying out the entire situation. Everyone was aware: the neighbor, the resident manager, the building's plumber, the HOA and IRG. So, when we contacted IRG, they really had nothing to say to explain themselves (we were referred to Kevin, who blew us off) and we were instructed not to use the bathroom until they could have the HOA pay to repair it. It took almost two months and we were unable to use the bathroom (sink/toilet/shower) at all. Luckily, we had a second bathroom or else we would have had to move. It was just so unprofessional. If they had just shared the information and asked us to not use the bathroom until they could get the HOA to fix it we would have been okay with that but they decided to be shady about it. Unfortunately, because the HOA is trying to get off with paying as little as possible to do a quick-fix, the leaking problem has persisted throughout the entire time we have been here. We have had four plumbing companies in and out of our place, the neighbor is constantly calling or coming by to find out information and IRG hasn't done much of anything except give us the green light to use the bathroom regardless of if it leaks or not. Its been such a headache. This is why on a professional standpoint, IRG has some sub par business practices, however, aside from Kevin being flat out rude, everyone else we have come into contact with has been very friendly. Fortunately, the rental amount really makes up for it because we are saving up to buy a home. Lol

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#18 May 9, 2013
Was this in the Punchbowl area? I ask because this sounds like a problem I recently dealt with. It's still going on.
Renter

Aiea, HI

#19 May 9, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Was this in the Punchbowl area? I ask because this sounds like a problem I recently dealt with. It's still going on.
No not Punchbowl
Piss Poor

Modesto, CA

#20 Apr 22, 2014
This is the worst place to do business with.
Kevin is the nastiest, most irritatingly rude, most unprofessional person I've ever seen.At first he seems Nice and caring when he's trying to bait you in to make a sale but its only a front...then the real monster emerges! They never return phone calls! Never fix the problems! But have the nerve to want the rent !!! Please save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere! All of the negative comments are as true as the sun in the sky! But I've hired a lawyer and things are secretly in motion to make this place history! I've got a team of past and present renters who have much more horrible stories about this place than I do!!! It's literally mind-blowing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aiea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ewa Beach Music Thread (May '12) Aug 26 Musikologist 16
do you think michelle c t the real estate agent... Aug 25 Terry 1
Body Discovered with Stab Wounds (Nov '10) Aug 21 Opinion 36
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Aug 18 Musikologist 8
Police Officer Injured Trying to Arrest Suspect... Aug 14 Who are you 1
drunken, obnoxious ugly butch Aug 14 Mia 1
Aloha Sub opening four new locations on Oahu by... Aug 8 American_Infidel 1
•••
•••
Aiea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Aiea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Aiea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Aiea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Aiea
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••