Waianae man arrested in attack on ex-boxing champ

May 20, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Police arrested a 21-year-old Waianae man yesterday for allegedly assaulting former world lightweight boxing champion Andy Ganigan, 57, leaving him with permanent brain damage.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
huh

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

there's alot of sick fcks in this world.
stumpy

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

Must have falsecracked him. A pro boxer isn't likely to get hit by any citizen if it's an up and up. These stories are usually, "Punk assaults ex pro boxer, now has ten cracked ribs, concussion, needs a kidney transplant, ex pro is fine."
wannabe thugs

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

I equate Waianae thugs to Muslim terrorist except they're dumber.
stumpy

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

wannabe thugs wrote:
I equate Waianae thugs to Muslim terrorist except they're dumber.
I live in Waianae, best place to live on the island as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, there is a small segment of the population that have raised their kids to hate, and blame their own failures in life on others. Welfare is viewed as a career, parents that spend their incomes on beer,dope, big trucks and gambling, smoke pot with their kids, and even deal drugs with them. Everything is the fault of the haoles, and it's ok to rob and worse as long as they are white, but the vast majority are just country people trying to live their lives. It would help if the state wouldn't ship all the bums out here,locate all the "free stuff" and "non-profits" out here and then tell the bums they have to move out here to get "services." Another thing is there are "farms" out here with owners that allow chronics to live in cars, sheds, whatever in trade for drugs or their EBT.
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

Waianae is just flat out dangerous. Stay away white people or should I say haoles.
WAIANAE GIRL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Judged:

my prayers are with Andy Ganigan, may the lord be with him during this time!!!!! Unlike some of you on here I am from waianae and proud to say, I love my home town, may not be the best place to be for some of you people who aint born and raised down the westside it's tough but WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD ISN't? Just because some people from waianae makes there own desicion doesn't mean the entire waianae is bad, if you people do feel that waianae is a bad place then, do yourself a favor and don't come to the westside. Every where you go there will be a good and a bad side people should never forget that because wheither you like it or not that's the truth, though again when people from waianae do, do stupid things it does look bad on the community but then again we all make our own choices in life and eventually suffer the consequences so people should be looking at these bad people as an individual not as "THE ENTIRE WAIANAE".
Ex-Army Sergeant

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

I live in Waianae for 4 years now and I like it here the people are nice and full of alohas. She is right about to not generalized Waianae people as bad people because not all of them are bad. I live in a nice community in Maili hills and the people here have jobs own a house and drive nice cars. The people down the road choose to live in beach and tents and smoke dope and drugs. That is probably the 10% of the populations. I have been around the world and the stateside and I would say I rather live in Waianae. I am representing Waianae I am retired Army and full time student and I would be a social worker. I own a home a nice cars and live up in the hills. I am from Waianae! My neighbors are whites and they are all good people and we are surrounded by local people who spent their entire live here in Waianae. They are all good people who enjoy life and there are few who are hopeless and dependants to governments handout. Waianae is a grea place to invest in real state the houses are affordable and the place is beautiful 5 min drive or walk to the beach.ALOHA!
stumpy

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Same here. Over ten years and it's much better than Ewa Beach!
4X4girlie

Kapolei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

STUMPY- WHERE DID BUILDING BIG TRUCKS COME IN? I HAVE A GOOD JOB, I HAVE A DEGREE, AND I DO NOT LIVE OFF OF WELFARE... I TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY, I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY, SO IF I WANT TO BUILD A BIG TRUCK... WHATS THE PROBLEM? U SOUND LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE THAT "TALK STINK" ABOUT WAIANAE...
IF EVERYBODY HAS A PROBLEM WITH WAIANAE, U R MORE THEN WELCOME TO COME ON DOWN AND HELP OUT...
leeward lol

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

Come on folks, we do not want the entire island cruising out here on weekends do we.
Too many are already.
Let's keep our secret a secret. LOL
stumpy

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

4X4girlie wrote:
STUMPY- WHERE DID BUILDING BIG TRUCKS COME IN? I HAVE A GOOD JOB, I HAVE A DEGREE, AND I DO NOT LIVE OFF OF WELFARE... I TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY, I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY, SO IF I WANT TO BUILD A BIG TRUCK... WHATS THE PROBLEM? U SOUND LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE THAT "TALK STINK" ABOUT WAIANAE...
IF EVERYBODY HAS A PROBLEM WITH WAIANAE, U R MORE THEN WELCOME TO COME ON DOWN AND HELP OUT...
Because of the attitude I see. Big "pay attention to me" truck rolls up at the beach, parks on the grass, rolls out the giant speakers, blasts hip-hop all over the beach so loud you can't hear yourself think, busts out the Heinekin, and weed, and generally shows he's an ass. Maybe you aren't one of them, but most are.
alice

Makawao, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

i hope andy was treated at the sex abuse treatment center and is in recovery from the ordeel
Miss Piggy

Makawao, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

alice, hon, you seem to be fixated on sexual assault of males. r u ok, hon?
Manong

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

stumpy wrote:
Must have falsecracked him. A pro boxer isn't likely to get hit by any citizen if it's an up and up. These stories are usually, "Punk assaults ex pro boxer, now has ten cracked ribs, concussion, needs a kidney transplant, ex pro is fine."
Yes Andy Gannigan was a terrific fighter, but that was years ago. This Waianae thug was 20 something years old and out weighed Andy by a 100 Lbs. Fair fight NO and if I know Andy he would not instigate a fight. This moke picked a fight with a OLDMAN and of course with his advantages beat him senseless. It was like you would beat up your grandfather for nothing. I hope they hang this young punk. Andy is now so brained damage that he need around the clock care. TuFf dude beats and old man what he needs is to meet someone his age and weight and see what happens to him.
4x4girlie

Kapolei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

STUMPY- no, we are not like that... we have CLASS and RESPECT for others... u r STEREOTYPING people with lifted trucks... some people have hobbies, this is mine... i geuss one bad apple spoils a bunch...
Manny

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

alice wrote:
i hope andy was treated at the sex abuse treatment center and is in recovery from the ordeel
No Andy was not treated at a sex abuse center Alice. You see Andy is a man and he got beaten up by a 20 year old thug after coming out a bar. He suffered brain damage and is now in a medical facility in Las Vegas close to a family member. He was a boxing champion many years ago and is a well known person for that. The person has been caught and is awaiting trial.
stumpy

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Manong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Andy Gannigan was a terrific fighter, but that was years ago. This Waianae thug was 20 something years old and out weighed Andy by a 100 Lbs.
I hope the libral Hawa judge breaks rank and gives the guy "enhanced sentencing" because of the age difference.
I know a man that did the same thing to a guy in Makaha, the old man is still in a coma, I think. This was about three years ago. Stomped on the old man's head, in front of witnesses, and he has never even been arrested for it. Reason? Victim was a haole and the thug is Hawaiian.
Eastside older man

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

this is not about Waianae, this nis about some punk kid beating up an old man who's alot smaller than him. That's why guys like me carry guns. Try pick on this old man and see what happens.
stumpy

Kapaa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Eastside older man wrote:
this is not about Waianae, this nis about some punk kid beating up an old man who's alot smaller than him. That's why guys like me carry guns. Try pick on this old man and see what happens.
I'd carry but if I was caught I wouldn't be able to support my family. Then some punk's family would sue my family, so my familty would suffer even more. Liberals ensure evil wins.
Concerned

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Eastside older man wrote:
No this is about Waianae. It is a dangerous place and the people who live there are the ones who make it that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Aiea Discussions

Search the Aiea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Memorial Day lei donation sites announced May '14 American_Infidel 14
Rail project closes lanes at busy Pearl City in... Apr '14 Guru 7
Review: Island Realty Group LLC (Oct '09) Apr '14 Piss Poor 20
Hawaii Construction Boom: New Developments Comi... Apr '14 Puke 4 3
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 7
Csea Apr '14 Ohana 1
Review: Cash 4 Cars Apr '14 Me again 1
•••
•••