Lingle gives medal to Afghan war victim's son - Hawaii News

Eight months after honoring 23 soldiers and Marines who died in Iraq or Afghanistan, Gov. Full Story
local boy

United States

#1 Dec 19, 2009
1st Lt. Bronstom gave to his country the ultimate sacrifice; his life!
The Medal of Honor is the highest form of recognition a soldier can recieve for his service. God bless his Ohana and may Lt. Bronstrom rest in peace.
7th of the 1st Air Cav."Blackhawks" Vetnam Vet 67-68 Mekong Delta Vihn-Long

lackhawks
Dennis

Honolulu, HI

#2 Dec 19, 2009
Title should have included "Hero", as opposed to "victim" because none of them died in vain. Men and women in uniform like 1st Lt. Bronstom are the true Ultimate Fighters.
The Truth

Honolulu, HI

#4 Dec 19, 2009
what the heck is a "Hawaii Medal of Honor" ? It's all B.S.. Lingle is gay..the troops are basically Hired Mercenaries and i don't care.
The Truth

Honolulu, HI

#5 Dec 19, 2009
there is no draft..the people who go into the military do it for the benefits and they basically "play the odds"....it is a job they have signed up for...do i wish them harm? Heck NO!..but it is reality...people get killed everyday in soo many ways...this is simply another way...was he defending his country...depends on your POV...arguably yes...arguably no...this is not WWI, WWII, or Korea, Vietnam etc..this is ..what it is...these people are not "heroes" ..it is simply their job. The war on terrorism is...something this country is not serious about anyway...it is a game... thank you
Jeff

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Dec 19, 2009
Brostrom, along with all the others who have died in present and past wars ARE HEROES. Nevermind what the other idiots on here say. God Bless.
Localboy

United States

#7 Dec 20, 2009
The trutth from Kailua Kona is a idiot. If I was on the big island I would look for him and kick his a&&. He sounds like a coward and a put$$y.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aiea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting stays with officer for 20 years [The H... Sat akamai 9
Bruce Milles (Sep '08) Sep 10 POLIAHU 41
Custodian denies sex assault on schoolboy, atto... Sep 7 District 1 2
Review: Bill Ramsey Inc (Jul '08) Sep 5 So tired of this ... 41
Review: Island Realty Group LLC (Oct '09) Aug 30 Tracy Manhan 22
Ewa Beach Music Thread (May '12) Aug 26 Musikologist 16
do you think michelle c t the real estate agent... Aug 25 Terry 1
•••
•••
•••