Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Costco Wholesale Corp. said yesterday that it would start accepting food stamps from the 36 million Americans that use them at its warehouse clubs nationwide.
Comments
521 - 540 of 556 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2013
PLAYBOY

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

-bareXXXnaked- wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred? Huh ? No I'm Jenni :(
please post pic here

-Hef
PLAYBOY

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike wrote:
Mandatory, random drug tests for all welfare recipients. Also, if you receive government benefits, your vote at the polls should not equal the guy's whose money you took.
that is how it was here 200 years ago. time to look at that model again. cheaters and eaters cannot vote. the more they eat and vote the fatter they get.ever notice that?
http://www.google.com/imgres...

“I'm sexy & I know it. ;)”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

PLAYBOY wrote:
<quoted text>please post pic here

-Hef
I loveeee you Hef!:)
PLAYBOY

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

-bareXXXnaked- wrote:
<quoted text>
I loveeee you Hef!:)
I may have an opening for you on the bed here with the three other bimbos tonight at the mansion if you hurry.

;)

-Hef
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

There is never a shortage of LA bimbos. Guess i should be happy that we have one to laugh at daily.
good

Boardman, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Do they sell beer
Taxpayer

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Well what if you pay 400 dollars to the federal and state, socail security, medicare etc.. and then you find yourself in hard times and ask for 200 dollars in ebt assitance. Is ebt not just one way of asking for some of your hard earn money back just to help you threw a time or season. So dont judge every one using ebt. So when you lose your job dont ask for unemployment.
To who it may concern

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

bluhi wrote:
All forms of government assistance (food stamps, housing, etc.) are meant to be TEMPORARY assistance for working families who happen to be down on their luck, like unemployment. Some of them are ashamed to be using EBT/Sec8, and want to be on their own two feet as fast as possible. Because face it, unless you're elderly/disabled and on fixed income, you should WORK (wow, what a concept).
But there are lots of people who stay on assistance for years and years, get comfortable, and develop an entitlement mentality. Should I work hard, pay taxes, and eat stuff on sale while these parasites continue to not work, watch TV, and 'enjoy' life?
Maybe I'm the dumb one for the being ambitious and hardworking. I don't mind if life throws you a curve ball and you're down and out and need some help. We've all gone through that. What many of us have issues with are the families with tons of kids, all obese, no one seems to be working or working minimally, taking advantage of welfare, and having this entitlement sense that they DESERVE to be taken care of by the gov't and by taxpayers like us.
This is perpetuated because oftentimes, this mentality is passed on to children, who are greatly influenced by parents (of course) and they in turn think it's okay to live that way because that's how they grew up. Vicious cycle, anyone?
I agree with you. For me I've been working my whole life as a carpenter. 5 years ago, i got into an unfortunate industrial accident at work. Struggled paying for rent, insurance, poviding food for my 4 kids and my wife with TTD checks for 5 years. Tried applying for EBT, got disqualified instantly.

It's just sad that familes that really need it, can't have it.
I also agree that the gov't should find the time to investigate homes for those abusing the benefits for years. And give help to famiies in Hawaii that really honestly need it.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

To who it may concern wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. For me I've been working my whole life as a carpenter. 5 years ago, i got into an unfortunate industrial accident at work. Struggled paying for rent, insurance, poviding food for my 4 kids and my wife with TTD checks for 5 years. Tried applying for EBT, got disqualified instantly.
I also agree that the gov't should find the time to investigate homes for those abusing the benefits for years. And give help to famiies in Hawaii that really honestly need it.
You should have told them you're a drug addict and want to buy a new Titan Pickup Truck, and spend your days at the beach smoking dope and playing Horseshoes..
MaryL

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

To who it may concern wrote:
<quoted text>
What about those that buy illegal food stamps? I have read on recent threads this chronic commenter named Joe Balls who is so dumb he admits it on many posted comments. Here is a guy that says he owns a house, has rentals, and buys it because this drug addict sells it to him at 1/2 price. That is $100 of food for $50 dollars. How come they don't prosecute this lowlife and help those like you who will use it for its intentions?
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>You should have told them you're a drug addict and want to buy a new Titan Pickup Truck, and spend your days at the beach smoking dope and playing Horseshoes..
Crapping on these scammers and at the same time buying their food stamps at 50% of the value. Big man bragging he owns a home and rentals but has to commits a crime to put food on his family's table. You even admitted using the drug addicts EBT card at COSTCO. Sure Balls your not a lowlife PONK your a 2 faced lowlife PONK..
Big Mac Mahu

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Went to Costco today and saw twenty hotties. Usually i only see one and of the twenty there were no pregos and only one was dragging a child.
Must of been invasion of young women under 120 lbs. A very delight day on the Leeward coast.
letthelocalsbe

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Big Mac Mahu wrote:
Went to Costco today and saw twenty hotties. Usually i only see one and of the twenty there were no pregos and only one was dragging a child.
Must of been invasion of young women under 120 lbs. A very delight day on the Leeward coast.
How about you BIG Mac Mahu did you ever hook up with BIG BONE BOY BY THE BALONEY BIN?
JBBBBBaloney

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

letthelocalsbe wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you BIG Mac Mahu did you ever hook up with BIG BONE BOY BY THE BALONEY BIN?
Fat sh!t hangs around the free sample area making a pig out of himself. Fat people always make the excuse they are born with big bones. Yea right.
mauiwoman

Lahaina, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

okay just for the record.... i recently went on food stamps 4mos ago and felt ashamed but ive been caring for my sick 82yr old dad for almost a year and need some kind of help. I have had to reduce work hours due to caregiving and also single parenting. he went into hospice recently so its a matter of time. im 49yrs old now and worked since i was 14yrs old and have never sought assistance before due to pride as I come from a hard working family who would rather struggle than go on welfare. But someones gotta feed my 8yr old son and help with my dad so this is how it had to be temporarily.
So please dont judge everyone who has to seek help. Im definitely not a liar since i have all the medical documents to prove it and work hours are recorded for less pay each month. I have had to dig into my retirement to help pay for mortgage since the work reduction but know that this is a season and life or the best care is more important.
also please note that the beginning of school year aug 2012, my son was denied a tutoring program for the elementary school he attends because he was not on a free/reduced lunch program which is offered to welfare recipients. i was very disappointed as he should have been allowed to participate whether or not students /family is on welfare. well, i wasnt at the time and i wished we were. so we are not not eligible for that tutoring program until next year ...that is if i continue this new welfare status since Nov. 2012.
Yes, there are those who cheat the system and I see them at my sons school but there are those like me who do need the help and dont plan to do this long but enough to just get thru this time. I m too embarrassed to go to costco and i do buy items only on sale. if its not reduced or on sale that week...i dont buy it. thats the awareness and conviction of "wants and needs". im teaching my son to look at anything on sale and we eat leftovers and freeze dinners for another time too.
budget... budget... budget.
foodstamps are okay but only for good reason and to get back on your feet!
noend wrote:
half of the people receiving food stamps are liars....the other half are nothing but cheats...we should have more investigations on these people....this one of the main raesons this country is in the mess it is today
mauiwoman

Lahaina, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

okay just for the record.... i recently went on food stamps 4mos ago and felt ashamed but ive been caring for my sick 82yr old dad for almost a year and need some kind of help. I have had to reduce work hours due to caregiving and also single parenting. he went into hospice recently so its a matter of time. im 49yrs old now and worked since i was 14yrs old and have never sought assistance before due to pride as I come from a hard working family who would rather struggle than go on welfare. But someones gotta feed my 8yr old son and help with my dad so this is how it had to be temporarily.

So please dont judge everyone who has to seek help. Im definitely not a liar since i have all the medical documents to prove it and work hours are recorded for less pay each month. I have had to dig into my retirement to help pay for mortgage since the work reduction but know that this is a season and life or the best care is more important.
also please note that the beginning of school year aug 2012, my son was denied a tutoring program for the elementary school he attends because he was not on a free/reduced lunch program which is offered to welfare recipients. i was very disappointed as he should have been allowed to participate whether or not students /family is on welfare. well, i wasnt at the time and i wished we were. so we are not not eligible for that tutoring program until next year ...that is if i continue this new welfare status since Nov. 2012.

Yes, there are those who cheat the system and I see them at my sons school but there are those like me who do need the help and dont plan to do this long but enough to just get thru this time. I m too embarrassed to go to costco and i do buy items only on sale. if its not reduced or on sale that week...i dont buy it. thats the awareness and conviction of "wants and needs". im teaching my son to look at anything on sale and we eat leftovers and freeze dinners for another time too.
budget... budget... budget.

noend wrote:
half of the people receiving food stamps are liars....the other half are nothing but cheats...we should have more investigations on these people....this one of the main raesons this country is in the mess it is today
noend wrote:
mom of 3

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Some of these comments are plum idiotic!! I was a single mother, working full time for minimum wage, when I was on food stamps.... I did buy steaks and snacks for my kids, why? Because grocery shopping was the only kind of shopping we could do that didn't require putting things back because I didn't have money to pay for it all. Not saying that everyone should have food stamps, but you should clarify who your speaking of before speaking. The first of every month was the best part of my kids month they knew we were eating for the rest of the month!!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

mauiwoman wrote:
okay just for the record....
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
exactly, I think if used right, they are a good thing. The point is a large amount of people are not using them to get back on their feet. Best of luck.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

mauiwoman wrote:
okay just for the record.... i recently went on food stamps 4mos ago and felt ashamed but ive been caring for my sick 82yr old dad for almost a year and need some kind of help. I have had to reduce work hours due to caregiving and also single parenting. he went into hospice recently so its a matter of time.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then being a person that really needs the stamps, you should be outraged at these lazy birds that are sucking the system. I think stampers should be required to take a drug test every month.
Hoy Hoy

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Gringo wrote:
When standing in line with my groceries. These EBT shoppers in front of me have steak,shrimp, and some very expensive stuff I get very jealous. My groceries include hamburger and anything that is on sale. Several times before entering the store I have been approached by these people that want to go shopping with me and when they pay I pay them back 3/4 of the bill. Kinda tempting but I refuse to supplement their addictions
Yup! I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Aiea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Aiea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••