Massachusetts tax holiday cost $20 mi...

Massachusetts tax holiday cost $20 million to $25 million in potential revenue, state estimates

There are 2 comments on the MassLive.com story from Aug 16, 2010, titled Massachusetts tax holiday cost $20 million to $25 million in potential revenue, state estimates. In it, MassLive.com reports that:

Kathleen M. Gourde, of Cooper's Gifts in Agawam, shows some of the Vera Bradley merchandise in her shop which were big sellers over the tax-free weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MassLive.com.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#1 Aug 17, 2010
If they are going to cry about it why do they offer it? There should be no sales tax anywhere. They steal from us every which way without the sales tax. Now Quincey is talking about billing insurance companies for "car crashes, rescue calls, false alarms." How stupid is that? It will drive up insurance premiums and just be another back door tax.
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/cops_and_co...
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Aug 17, 2010
if it came down to just a 3% tax, I think we would be more competitive. At 6.25%, it's cheaper to drive to NH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agawam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lee Price Chopper seeking jobs for its employee... 5 min proudworker 2
Agawam Dog Park Jul 23 finn117 1
News Dianne: DiNicola: A plea for St. Mary Morning Star Jul 19 The Worlds Bigges... 5
News Pittsfield cop's suit against city claiming dis... Jul 12 Cops are Liars an... 17
News Dollar General to open North Adams store in Fam... Jul 7 Bunny 2
News Doctors: Officer stabbed in neck at airport rec... Jun '17 American_Infidel 1
Rates low as 35/week- Landscaping/ Lawn Care-Gr... Jun '17 Mr B 1

Agawam Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Agawam Mortgages