Save Agawam's Wetlands
Posted in the Agawam Forum
#1 Aug 17, 2011
Hey friends of Agawam! We are deeply concerned for the wetlands in our beautiful little town! There is a solar facility planned to be built on Shoemaker Lane and between Rte 57 and Cesan St.
This area houses 2 PROTECTED WETLAND areas and they are planning to build this facility in at least 50 feet of the 100foot buffer zone of the wetlands. The buffer zones are there to protect the wetlands from disappearing. They are also putting the entrance road on Shoemaker Lane, RIGHT THROUGH THE WETLANDS!!!
Please help us and save what wetlands we have left here! This petition has over 100 signatures and we need yours too! Please help us in keeping what there is left here in our beautiful town of Agawam!!!
#2 Jul 26, 2012
I REPEAT NO PUBLIC SOLAR POWER IS GOING BACK TO THE TOWN , JUST PRIVATE INDUSTRY. THEY MEAN THE PRIVATE POWER COMPANY IS THE GRID POWER WILL BE SENT TO. THEY ARE BENDING THE TRUTH ALSO KNOWN AS LYING.
THE TOWN IS GETTING TAX’S LESS PER YEAR THEN THE RESIDENTS IT HAS AFFECTED PAY OUT PER YEAR IN PROPERTY TAXES. There is no list on $ amounts, as they are embarrassed at it’s return in property tax being less than 4 residents put together. In the plans , I have seen they say around $25,000 , for 20 years. And the property owner (Cohens buddy), leased it out for 20 years. Leased it so they can bail if needed.,
For anyone whom wants the truth on Agawam’s solar farm on shoemaker and cesan street. Search for “Save Agawam’s Wetlands” on facebook.
Learn the truth of what this ignorant town has done to its residents, white a solar plan that doesn’t give power back to the town .They say the “grid” as its the private company that is going to sell power back to the private power plant in Agawam,MA. this is a westmass dev plan poorly made.
This is how the town went behind the back of the dozens of residents to get this poorly planned, reckless solar farm jammed into where it is.
1. They send out notices of the impending doom to the affected residents July 10th of 2011 while most people where on vacation
2. The town then planned a “meeting” and “hearing” on , or around July 24th, 2011 this with 2 weeks of notice.
3. The session went like this, we don’t care about your objection the plan is done, and this is what will happen. We will remove all the tree’s, rip apart the land, and leave a solar farm with a 3 foot (yes 3 foot) buffer from the end of your backyards . Some people on Cesan street are on a cul de sac, which means all they will see it solar. Out the front back and side yards.
4. The approval was signed and sent on the same day of meeting, but oddly was already approved before meeting , hearing was over.
5. They told residents don’t worry we will leave a little cover for your yards. Did they lie ? Yes , that cover is being removed right now.
6. All the residents property values will drop. If you can see how this was crammed in you will soon agree. This in turn will cost the town more money then the tax benefit.
7. This area is surronded by homes and wetland area’s. THe main waterway goes underneath the street ,and empties in two homes across from this site on shoemaker. Everyone was included in the plans for this mess, except these two homes where left out. Why they are wetland waterways from the site , that will be emptying into backyard protected ponds. THEY LEFT THESE HOMES OUT AS TO NOT DEAL WITH THE IMPACT>
This is horrible what the town of Agawam,MA and Cohen has done. They quickly snuck in it, without input, without care of the tax payer’s contribution which is more than this solar dump will ever give.
People should know, anywhere else a solar farm went had input. East Hampton , Ware, Noho.. but Apparently Mayor Cohen and Cronies thought that wasn’t needs. Don’t think he is behind this ,. comment back and i have personal emails from him , he sent showing his fear of stopping the project and being sued, among many other interesting things about him
ITS NOT A RIGHT < ITS WHAT TOWNS DO, THEY AT LEAST LISTEN SO GO OFF
Add your comments below
|Agawam City Council debates over solar farm pro...||May 11||Anonymous||1|
|a Extravaganjaa in Northampton raises impaired ...||May 11||Anonymous||1|
|Superior Court Briefs: May 3 - May 5||May 10||Women Power||8|
|Hate crimes climb, resisters urged to stand up||May 10||Hugh Terds||24|
|Woman to serve 2 1/2 years for drug crimes||May 9||Paul Kersey||2|
|Pittsfield officer suit settled||May 3||Ben Gay||4|
|Desperate Help Needed||Apr 30||Rose||1|
Find what you want!
Search Agawam Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC