State. Rep. David Davis Gives His Vie...

State. Rep. David Davis Gives His Views On Issues

There are 27 comments on the News-Herald story from Apr 13, 2006, titled State. Rep. David Davis Gives His Views On Issues. In it, News-Herald reports that:

State Rep. David Davis, R-6th of Johnson City, who ran for Congress in 1996, visited Greeneville Wednesday to officially announce that he is again seeking to be elected to Congress.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Davis Supporter

Tarboro, NC

#1 Apr 20, 2006
I was there when Davis gave his speech in Greeneville. David spoke well...but more importantly, his values are my values. I appreciate him and look forward to Voting for him on August 3.
DAVIS for TN

AOL

#2 May 2, 2006
None Better for TN!!!! True honesty and willingness to put in the long hours for conservative fiscal and ethical policy!!! Proud to support him!!
Richard Cranium

Battleboro, NC

#3 Apr 5, 2007
How does this man walk around with his head so far up King George's ass?
Austin

Sherman Oaks, CA

#4 Apr 8, 2007
Davis and people like him is what makes me ashamed to hail from Greene County, or East TN for that matter.

Long Live Liberals and Libertarians.
Elmer Gantry

Richmond, VA

#5 Feb 10, 2008
"U.S. Rep. Davis reflects on first year in office, discusses immigration, war on terror"
The Mountain Press
By: DEREK HODGES November 27, 2007
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm...

Immigration
Like many lawmakers in Washington, Davis has made comprehensive immigration reform a cornerstone of his first year in office. The issue has become a hot-button nationwide and will likely play a major role in the 2008 elections.

Davis said he favors providing a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants already in the country rather than deporting them.

"Most people in East Tennessee will welcome people with open arms if they come here legally," Davis said. "Illegal is illegal, though. I don't think the answer is deporting 12 million people, though."
DownWithDavis

Lebanon, TN

#7 Aug 8, 2008
Davis Supporter wrote:
I was there when Davis gave his speech in Greeneville. David spoke well...but more importantly, his values are my values. I appreciate him and look forward to Voting for him on August 3.
What a joke Davis has become! Self-serving and special interests have eaten him completely up. Typical politician - all for himself and his cronies and gives nothing back to the people who he represents. So glad to see him kicked to curb, although Roe isn't much better - at least he promises not to be a career politician.

Hopefully this is the last we ever hear from David Davis and he disappears into obscurity along with his pants pulled up to his belly. For once, his "GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD" fear mongering didn't buy himself an election.
Mike Livingston

Newport, TN

#8 Aug 8, 2008
I've not been a part of David Davis campaign but was won over as a supporter after directly observing the man first hand as well as getting to know his wife. This is a honest and hard working man that even up to the last minute worked hard in Washington for all of his district. Anyone taking swipes at him or his values doesn't know him and makes their accusations out of either imagination, fabrication or ignornace.
DownWithDavis

Lebanon, TN

#9 Aug 8, 2008
Hahahaha, Davis sycophants are hilarious! The man is a fork-tongued snake who will say and do anything to anyone on the right to get elected (which glad to say he didnt). As a Republican myself, I find him to be the epitome of what is wrong with this party. Always there with hand out but won't do anything for you unless you've paid him his handsome fee.

People saw through his charades and his lowest commmon denominator approach ("I AM A CHRISTIAN!!! YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR ME"). It's about time we started tossing this jerks out on their backsides.

Again, Roe isn't much better - but he promises term limits, which is attractive because it means he won't be building his legacy through scratching the backs of the people who are controlling him - something David Davis or his clone Matt Hill could never say.

It's a great day for America and for this region. The end of the Davis reign of dishonesty and corruption is over. One has to wonder how Big Pharma and Big Oil is going survive without him.
average joe

Brentwood, TN

#10 Aug 9, 2008
East Tn is fed up with the David Davis,Jim Holcomb,Ron Ramsey,David Hammond and all the other political christian darlins of the conservative god fearing movement. Granted Roe is not much better but hopefully a message has been sent to the Gregory clan who
think they can control tn government.
Davis supporter

Brentwood, TN

#11 Aug 9, 2008
To all of the "average joes", East Tn IS NOT fed up with "political christian darlins". It would be nice if some would do their homework before they start running their mouths. Apparantly,some know absolutley nothing about what some of these Men have done for this area. How many times have you been with them in Washington or Nashville when decisions are being made? Please, before you post your childish slams, do your research!!
Solidus

Lebanon, TN

#12 Aug 11, 2008
Are your David Davis Reality Blinders still working after he was kicked to the curb for being an ineffective, double-talking tool of special interest?
Davis supporter wrote:
To all of the "average joes", East Tn IS NOT fed up with "political christian darlins". It would be nice if some would do their homework before they start running their mouths. Apparantly,some know absolutley nothing about what some of these Men have done for this area. How many times have you been with them in Washington or Nashville when decisions are being made? Please, before you post your childish slams, do your research!!
not political

Brentwood, TN

#13 Aug 11, 2008
I am not political at all but I do know sincere and honest people when I see them. Davis worked his way up from nothing while being disabled. He
has helped many people while in office and out. I have known Hammond for years-He also from Unicoi is a man of good character, hard work and determination. He is very loyal to his freinds(to a fault). Hammond and the "Gregory Clan" can chhose to spend their money and support any one they wish.
OldSnake

Lebanon, TN

#14 Aug 12, 2008
Davis has helped plenty of people - those who line his pockets and send money to the elite interests. To say otherwise is downright disingenuous considering the amount of dirt and sleaze that surrounds him - and its all easily verifiable. Of course, you Davis tools either already know it and excuse it or you refuse to accept that Quasimodo isn't as "Christian" as everyone thinks.
not political wrote:
I am not political at all but I do know sincere and honest people when I see them. Davis worked his way up from nothing while being disabled. He
has helped many people while in office and out. I have known Hammond for years-He also from Unicoi is a man of good character, hard work and determination. He is very loyal to his freinds(to a fault). Hammond and the "Gregory Clan" can chhose to spend their money and support any one they wish.
Concerned

United States

#15 Aug 12, 2008
FYI to the uneducated! There are 2 David Davis's! One ran for Congress several years ago and appears to be a State Rep in the 6th district. I can only speak about our Congressman David Davis. He is an Honorable man of Integrity, who has worked harder for all of Tennessee than anyone even has a clue. He has worked long hours with complete dedication and the upmost integrity for each of us. I am proud of him for his service to our State and our Country, despite some of you who are so negative and unappreciative.
JR Ewing

Knoxville, TN

#16 Aug 12, 2008
Concerned wrote:
FYI to the uneducated! There are 2 David Davis's! One ran for Congress several years ago and appears to be a State Rep in the 6th district. I can only speak about our Congressman David Davis. He is an Honorable man of Integrity, who has worked harder for all of Tennessee than anyone even has a clue. He has worked long hours with complete dedication and the upmost integrity for each of us. I am proud of him for his service to our State and our Country, despite some of you who are so negative and unappreciative.
You'd think someone with his integrity would know how to lose gracefully. Guess not
OldSnake

Lebanon, TN

#17 Aug 13, 2008
No, I'm talking about David "Quasimodo" Davis from the 1st District. You know, the double-talking, hate mongering Congressman who sleeps with Big Oil and Big Pharma.

All this talk about his integrity and his "Christianity" is almost laughable if it wasn't so dangerous. His blind support of the Bush administration and their corporate interests should shame everyone in this area. I'm a Republican but even I see that what they are doing isn't in the best interests of our party or the people of this country.

Just because Davis openly flaunts how "Christian" he is, people seem to want to give him a free pass and forget about those inconvenient facts about him being a tool of special interests. What has Mr. Davis done for you aside from say he's a Christian?

Again, we're better off without him and his ilk anywhere near Congress.
Concerned wrote:
Concerned

Nashville, TN

#18 Aug 13, 2008
Old Snake's response proves he knows nothing about Congressman Davis or has even bothered to educate himself on the issues Davis has supported. Just because someone claims you sleep with big oil or says derogatory things about you or in this case Davis- Doesn't make them true. Davis has stood up for what he thinks his constituants wanted at all times. Had you ever called his office with an issue, you would know he was trying to do the right thing for all of us. Sometimes he supported the Republican party and sometimes he went against the Republican party. You can't make all of us happy all of the time. But, I know this for a fact! In Davis, we had an honest, hardworking man, who is devoted to doing the right thing, for the right reasons. I am disheartened at the cheap shots and ignorance of people wanting to bring down good people such as Davis, for their own personal gain.
As for J.R. Ewing's comment- If you lose an honest fight then you should bow out graciously. If you think there is a problem, then our leaders should look into them. Doing the right thing is not always easy! If there is no problems, I am confident he will bow out. If there is a problem, you can bet he will fight! That is part of what makes a great leader. Doing the right things for the right reasons! Even with the likes of some people attacking him personally and professionally in an irresponsible manner. I hope from here on out some of you will look before you judge and investigate before you leap to conclusions!
OldSnake

Lebanon, TN

#19 Aug 14, 2008
Who was it that used to make fun of Al Gore for contesting the election in Florida in 2000 (and evidence has shown that there was legitimate reason to do so - regardless whether the outcome would have been changed or not)? Oh that's right - David Davis. Funny how that changed once the tables were turned on Mr. Davis.

You need to get your facts straight about David Davis and his special interest ties. He has taken money from big oil (yes, he did - try to spin that one) and big pharmaceutical companies for special favors in Congress and the State House. He's also become quite adept at earmarking bills in exchange for funding - a paper trail that Davis himself just didn't think was a big deal since apparently everyone in the Tri-Cities will vote for him since he's "Christia". Do your homework on Davis - he's not the shining knight in clean armor that you think he is.

Davis may have come from humble beginnings and had the best intentions, but politics corrupts even the best among us. I don't for a second believe that Phil Roe is clean but its clear he's not going to make a career out of politics. Career politicians are destroying this country on both sides of the aisle.

Let me also say that your assertion that the Congressional race was not run fairly is without merit. Neither Davis or Roe rule with absolute impunity and their job is to represent EVERYONE in the region regardless of their political affiliation. If Democrats wanted to cross over and vote for Roe (or Davis, they should be allowed to do so. It's not like the Republican side hasn't done their own fair share of crossing over and trying to affect the outcome of elections (Rush Limbaugh's Operation Chaos, anyone).

David Davis - hypocrite of the highest order.
Concerned wrote:
Old Snake's response proves he knows nothing about Congressman Davis or has even bothered to educate himself on the issues Davis has supported. Just because someone claims you sleep with big oil or says derogatory things about you or in this case Davis- Doesn't make them true. Davis has stood up for what he thinks his constituants wanted at all times. Had you ever called his office with an issue, you would know he was trying to do the right thing for all of us. Sometimes he supported the Republican party and sometimes he went against the Republican party. You can't make all of us happy all of the time. But, I know this for a fact! In Davis, we had an honest, hardworking man, who is devoted to doing the right thing, for the right reasons. I am disheartened at the cheap shots and ignorance of people wanting to bring down good people such as Davis, for their own personal gain.
As for J.R. Ewing's comment- If you lose an honest fight then you should bow out graciously. If you think there is a problem, then our leaders should look into them. Doing the right thing is not always easy! If there is no problems, I am confident he will bow out. If there is a problem, you can bet he will fight! That is part of what makes a great leader. Doing the right things for the right reasons! Even with the likes of some people attacking him personally and professionally in an irresponsible manner. I hope from here on out some of you will look before you judge and investigate before you leap to conclusions!
Uber Alles

Johnson City, TN

#20 Aug 14, 2008
I never undersyood how Davis was elected in the first place. He is a retard, looking at his supporters gives me a better understanding.
For Ethics

Brentwood, TN

#21 Aug 18, 2008
The Gregory,Holcomb,Ramsey and
Hammond PACS as well as families
stand behind ethical pro life
candidates. Those men and their beliefs make them targets of foul mouth ignorant people
who are struggling to realize right from wrong. So to all the
liberal tree hugging morally bankrupt -you can rest. The election is over so the lies can stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Afton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rockbadder (Feb '13) 5 hr Iknowher 6
ugh (Jul '08) 5 hr Goodfriendofzac 4
were i got my loan (Jan '13) 5 hr Superman 4
Lena McBee Gibson Epperson Chittum Greene White... (Jul '14) 5 hr Ijustheard 16
welfare (Feb '17) 5 hr Workingman 5
dirty girls pictures (Nov '11) 5 hr Oneofmany 4
GANGTALKING aka CAUSESTALKING in Greeneville Tn, (Nov '11) 6 hr Stopthelies 8

Afton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance