Boil advisory for drinking water issu...

Boil advisory for drinking water issued in Creston

There are 10 comments on the Http story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Boil advisory for drinking water issued in Creston. In it, Http reports that:

CNA staff reporter Don't drink the water. At least not without boiling it first.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

Woman Power

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2009
Can anyone tell me why the bottled water isn't being supplied to all residents affected in the area for FREE. This is not our mistake, and why weren't we warned on Saturday that this water was possibly contaminated and let us make the choice whether to drink it? It's better to be pro-active than re-active.
just a question

Grand Junction, IA

#2 Jan 2, 2009
good question, the only thing with that is the city would probably have to pay wal mart and them for the water and then they would pass it on in our utlity bills==so they'd get us either way.
wondering

Creston, IA

#3 Jan 2, 2009
Does anyone know when the water is going to be safe again?
Woman Power

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2009
Possibly Wednesday, so much for 3 days huh?
Woman Power

United States

#5 Jan 3, 2009
just a question wrote:
good question, the only thing with that is the city would probably have to pay wal mart and them for the water and then they would pass it on in our utlity bills==so they'd get us either way.
I'm not sure they can, I see what you are saying, but there are funds set aside for events like this.
wondering

Creston, IA

#6 Jan 3, 2009
I was actually excited today when I took a bath the water wasn't near as brown. Maybe things are getting better.
this is CRAP

Creston, IA

#7 Jan 5, 2009
We boil the water & put in clear bottle in fridge. We start to get ourselves & young children a drink & see all the dirty garbage in the container & we are to feel save since it was boiled. Sorry, but should we drink the crap!

Can everyone in this town afford to buy bottled water?

Why are we back in school if our kids can't have a drink? I heard they were supplied 1 bottle each but that's not enough for most kids!

Shouldn't our emergency management be doing something?

Lastly, was there truely a problem at the treatment plant? or was this a scheme by the not too credible Steve Green of Creston Water Dept & his buddy Dan at So.IA Water who can waste more tax payer's money. Give them more gov. money & they will still be looking for even more. As the rich get richer, the poor can't have a damn decent glass of water!
Creston Res

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2009
I think we should ALL get a great big credit to our water bills. Not only is it a huge, time-consuming pain in the butt, but it is costing us money to boil the water and/or buy bottled water; why should we have to eat that cost???
creston student

Greenfield, IA

#9 Jan 7, 2009
how the water safe for us to drink when other town get it from us I don't trust the water they should of had a back up plane the water compty need to pay all the people back who when out to buy water, how are to know the water safe for people I don't trust the water I am stinking with bottle water it better for you and healther
frustrated

United States

#10 Jan 8, 2009
It might not be anyone's "fault" but it isn't ours either. The city should have a back up plan and an emergency fund in place for things like this. I think we should be credited and they should have bought the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Afton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cruz, Trump or who? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Susie 1
News 'Big shakeup' in Iowa Poll: Cruz soars to lead (Dec '15) Dec '15 PIERCE BROAN 4
dead beat Jamie (Apr '15) Apr '15 Amy 1
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '11 glen Larsen 35

Afton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Afton Mortgages