Closing ceremony marks end of St. Pet...

Closing ceremony marks end of St. Peter's Church

There are 2 comments on the Tecumseh Herald story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Closing ceremony marks end of St. Peter's Church. In it, Tecumseh Herald reports that:

The Rt. Rev. Wendell N. Gibbs, Jr., Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Michigan, was present Tuesday night, Jan. 4, for “A Celebration of The Life and Ministry of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church.” The special service was held to close the church which has had a congregation in Tecumseh since 1833 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tecumseh Herald.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jan 6, 2011
from Tecumseh Herald:

"The Diocese owns the building. The Rev. Canon Lisa Gray, Canon to the Ordinary (the Bishop) said that the Diocese is looking for someone to lease the facility.

"'There have been some people who have expressed interest,' she said, adding that no arrangements have yet been finalized with any group."

Regardless of the religion of that group.
Boardengineer12

New York, NY

#3 Jan 8, 2011
Leasing it is probably the most prudent thing to do; I'm sure the monies from it can be used to maintain the building. Furthermore, I'm glad to see that they are keeping the building; down the road if membership builds, they can always re-open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Mar '17 Louis 131
Tecumseh Music Emporium (Nov '12) Feb '17 Musikologist 14
News Cher sympathizes with Trump supporters, slams h... Nov '16 Aspirin Between M... 30
News Hillary Clinton to attend rally in Detroit's Ea... Nov '16 Rev Cash Dollar 47
News Candidates battle for MI in General Election Nov '16 Billy 21
News Hillary Clinton is talking jobs, jobs, jobs a "... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Synque 32
News The Ennui of the Fitbit (May '16) May '16 Three Days 2

Adrian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Adrian Mortgages