Bill Murray's sister -- Sister Nancy ...

Bill Murray's sister -- Sister Nancy Murray -- also has an acti...

There are 26 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Bill Murray's sister -- Sister Nancy Murray -- also has an acti.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

There will be a day, Sister Nancy Murray knows, when she will have to return to her order, when being a globe-trotting superstar nun who performs a one-woman show dozens of times a year will no longer be practical, and her congregation, based in southern Michigan , will call her home at last.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jac holtzman

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Big hitter, the sister.
Anne

Freeport, IL

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Interesting story, interesting family. I had no idea nuns even did such things. Love learning stuff like this.
Andrew

United States

#3 Apr 22, 2009
You have to love the Murrays
steven

Freeport, IL

#4 Apr 22, 2009
what a great story - more like this, trib, please
lindy

Freeport, IL

#5 Apr 22, 2009
wow. I think I almost cried that was so moving. what a woman
terry

Brunswick, ME

#6 Apr 23, 2009
Thanks for this story and thank you, Sister.
Good Heavens

Springfield, IL

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Animal, you're right it's not news, it's called a human interest story and some people like to read positive items once in a while. maybe you need a life yourself, if that's the best comment you can come up with. Perhaps you need to spend a little extra time in the bathroom yourself.
Good Heavens

Springfield, IL

#10 Apr 23, 2009
My late aunt was an Adrian Dominican. Those ladies are awesome. They don't just sit in the convent praying, they go out in the world and walk the walk. I loved this story. Thanks, Tribune!
Happy Chicagoian

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Great story about someone we can admire.

Thanks for a great story!

Since: Feb 09

Potomac, MD

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Adrian Nuns are cool, peace to Sister Eileen and Sister Sean!
cheryl

Dekalb, IL

#13 Apr 23, 2009
I actually met her when I was a kid in Rogers Park. I was fascinated that Bill Murray sister was a nun...it blew me away. It's great to read about her.
Mary Lane

Spencer, IN

#17 Apr 23, 2009
"I was born and raised catholic through college, have worked with church finance committees and in numerous other capicities...I feel I am qualified to comment. The Catholic Church is a failed organization and I in no way admire most of these righteous who do their sick deeds in the name of their god."

The Church is Her People and with people like you I can see why the Church is in the miserable conditions She is in. What sick deeds are you carrying? Or better yet, go to Confession and answer that one.
Illini 75

Lenni, PA

#18 Apr 23, 2009
Says something about lifestyle when the sibling that's older looks 10 years younger than her little brother who's burned the candle at both ends for some time. Same genetics, different result.
Tolerate It

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 23, 2009
I use to think that the "right wing" nut cases had little tolerance for other people's viewpoints. The more I read these comments, the more I realize that some of the most vial, ignorant and intolerant voices come from the "left". You can't comment on Obama, on gay marriage, on religion without a nutcase spewing venom. If you don't agree with my way than you are a bigot and misguided idiot. I thought the "left" was always complaining about how intolerant the "right" was for the past 8 years... We know it's your turn now... but practice what you preach and let everyone speak their minds. I just realize that the only sane Americans are those of us that hate both the left and right. This spew was directed at you "animal"... were you caught stealing from the bingo money at your church; maybe drinking too much of the communion wine? Chill out atheist and let those that believe alone.. at least they aren't cutting off heads and blowing things up .... YET
That guy

United States

#20 Apr 23, 2009
Real nuns wear habits. This third-rate actress is no nun.
animal

Northbrook, IL

#22 Apr 23, 2009
sounds like you have some sick things to hide in your life...it sucks to be you.
Tolerate It wrote:
I use to think that the "right wing" nut cases had little tolerance for other people's viewpoints. The more I read these comments, the more I realize that some of the most vial, ignorant and intolerant voices come from the "left". You can't comment on Obama, on gay marriage, on religion without a nutcase spewing venom. If you don't agree with my way than you are a bigot and misguided idiot. I thought the "left" was always complaining about how intolerant the "right" was for the past 8 years... We know it's your turn now... but practice what you preach and let everyone speak their minds. I just realize that the only sane Americans are those of us that hate both the left and right. This spew was directed at you "animal"... were you caught stealing from the bingo money at your church; maybe drinking too much of the communion wine? Chill out atheist and let those that believe alone.. at least they aren't cutting off heads and blowing things up .... YET
Tolerate It

Chicago, IL

#25 Apr 23, 2009
wow.. another manifesto from the Religion Czar. When you calm down re-read your insane ramble; read it aloud and try not to sound utterly insane when doing so. What really happened to you??? Be honest. Did you start your very own religion...one that only you follow, one that you make the rules? It' hard following any organization's rules... when you don't agree you have the right to step away. You stepped away which is good for you...in the mean time don't ramble on about those that have not yet lost the faith. It's good that you now follow your own religion and believe in what YOU think is right and wrong...it's easier isn't it??? and this is coming from an Episcopalian that thought my sect was getting a bit to lax with what is expected from a believer...
Jeff

Miami, FL

#26 Apr 23, 2009
I suspect Bill Murray is keeping a low profile after beaning that golf fan with a ball at a pro-am tourney in Florida. And, also, he loves his sister so much he didn't want to say anything untoward about her in any medium(according to the article, his heckling occured back in the day).
Huh

Media, PA

#28 Apr 23, 2009
Tolerate It wrote:
Easy does it. I am left thinking and voted for Obama. I think this is a wonderful piece and it actually kept my interest. It's nice to read something positive for once. Please leave the generalizations and your own self righteousness on the shelf and keep it to yourself. Ignore the idiots and enjoy the read.
Tolerate It

Chicago, IL

#29 Apr 23, 2009
"Animal", I know this is cheaper than going to a shrink. Take a deep breath. Doesn't it feel great to get all that out? I just hope you don't have any other offspring and if you do, your genetic problems aren't passed on to your little animals. The fact that I drank a bottle of communion wine and took a bottle of ludes isn't the issue here. You are insane. You know it and the only friend you have knows it... that would be your unlucky mom. I'm off to steal some communion hosts now to go witht wine. Hey, it's a really nice day. The sun is out and it's quite nice...crawl out of your bunker and get some fresh air. Take your spawn and mom with you. Go see a good movie. Enjoy life and by all means continue to use this as your outlet to free your demons. In doing so you might not become the next serial killer. Animal indeed...PEACE my fellow creature of GOD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lol 9 hr No sense 9
Tecumseh Music Emporium (Nov '12) May '16 Musikologist 13
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) May '16 watching livonia 127
News The Ennui of the Fitbit May '16 Three Days 2
Child protective services (Jun '07) Dec '15 natosha 15
News Marriage Done Right: Showing affection importan... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Nicola 2
Judge Margaret Noe? Opinions: GO! (Jun '14) Mar '15 ICU2 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Adrian Mortgages