Since: Apr 09

United States

#122 Mar 24, 2011
The sad truth is that a person will never change unless they want to change. No amount of punishment or guidance will make a difference until that person wants to change. I worked in the prison system too long including the Boot Camp program. The change is only temporary most of the time. I seen many a man come and go several times in the different institutions that I worked over the years. I know it is off subject of the CFC.
MOM OF 2 BOYZ

Vidalia, GA

#123 Mar 29, 2011
My son gradutated from the program and has stayed on, as he feels that he is not quite ready to go back out into the world. He went into the program voluntarily and because he was sick of his way of life. When he went in, he was serious about getting off drugs and cutting all ties with the old way of life. I am convinced that he would not be alive today had it not been for the saving grace of God and the CFC. Understand, a person must be ready to change for a change to take place.

The CFC is a good place to be if, in fact, a person is ready to change, otherwise, it is a waste of time and money.
Sourh

Doerun, GA

#124 Jul 24, 2011
The place needs to have the health department clean it up the kitchen in dirty and the septic tanks still flows in the pond,when the dorms septic tank backed up ,they pumped it into the pond and the creek,and Hank says that's safe,there's black mold in the dorms,the pond has crap pumps into it and they have fish frys,I pray the health department will check up on them,
Rose from WV

Steubenville, OH

#125 Aug 11, 2011
My brother went there and stayed for one year because he was determined to get clean. He now is clean and has a job carries money and makes wise choices, he lost everything and God blessed him with a new wife and a child . I love this place and my brother still speaks of it to this day. They taught him how to get clean and stay clean they rebuilt him and he's on fire for God and clean. I give this place the highest of scores because we went through countless rehabs with no results and I finally have my brother back and he's clean. I love the Christian Family Center and what they have a heart to do to reach out to these men and women that have lost their way. God Bless!
johnny reb glennville ga

Douglas, GA

#126 Oct 9, 2011
GOD will change your life if you want to change. It does not matter if you go to a fancy rehab with a maid service and breakfast in bed or a run down one with corn flakes for breakfast.CFC gives the great sinner a chance to meet the great GOD.This place made ME have a life changing meeting with the LORD.Them fancy rehabs with doctors, nurses,maids and charge you a arm and leg to learn alcoholics anom. or narcotics anom.Are a joke been there done that!!Unless you come to a point in your life where you are broken in heart and spirit you are wasting time and money on a rehab center bar none.
Community Lobbyist

Valdosta, GA

#127 Nov 16, 2011
JLB wrote:
Anyone know of anything good or bad about this place? Thinking of sending our son there.
Paranoid staff...
Community Lobbyist

Valdosta, GA

#128 Nov 16, 2011
Paranoid staff...
Friend

Macon, GA

#129 Nov 16, 2011
The place is awsome place for men and yound men. I believe they go to Church service every night. They find a service somewhere. Someone is always having revival and they go. Beer store across the Interstate? Big deal? They will face the temptation later after they get out so whats the big deal? It's not like the security is going to let them walk to get beer.
Andy Anderson

Warner Robins, GA

#130 Nov 21, 2011
I visited this place on November 20, 2011, for the purpose of helping a friend retrieve his nephew. The facility is an absolute dump!!
I'm a lawyer. If given the choice, I'd rather a judge send my client to prison. I think I'd be safer when he got out!!
Emily

Hawkinsville, GA

#131 Dec 8, 2011
JLB wrote:
Anyone know of anything good or bad about this place? Thinking of sending our son there.
Yes, it is an amazing place. My brother went through the 6 month program and decided to stay on. As for me, I have been attending services there every Sunday since April! And don't ever want to miss a Sunday. The leaders they have in place to help and work with those who come in are wonderful. They are full of the Holy Spirit!
former student of cfc

Moultrie, GA

#132 Dec 21, 2011
I am 38 years old and I have batteled addiction for 20 years. I went to the cfc in june of this year and stayed until October. I have been clean now for 6 months and I feel great. I tried several different in and out patient programs but this one seems to have worked for me. It is not perfect by any means but they have plenty to offer. I never even talked to Hank the director the entire time I was there. The men in the program are wonderful they made it work for me. I found some really good people there. As far as the 4 hour work detail goes its nothing. I worked in the Revs garden and on the lawn crew. It wasent bad at all. The food is not that bad they reacently done a lot of work in the kitchen so it is a lot better. Its not the western sizzlin but it wont kill you. There are rehabs out there that meet all of the criteria of the state but they are usually only 30 days at themost. Any one that knows addiction understands that that is not enough time to heal. At cfc they do not rush anyone to leave too soon. AS far as the money charged to stay some people are there for free. If anyone decides to go to cfc it will work if you are ready to change. Just find yourself a groove, take what you need, and leave the rest. God bless
lwn

Augusta, GA

#134 Jan 3, 2012
I TOOK MY SON THERE SEPT 12,2011. I DID NOT GO INTOTHE LIVING QUArters. it was late at night. They did not give him any medical care. THe quarters are filthy. I paid them a fee plus gave them
50.00 for spending money for my child. the total being 800.00.
due to the unsanitary place and the treatment or lack of treatment they provided was unsettling. I finally got him to the hosp for tests ones that they were suppose to take him to but I did. my son refused to go back and after I saw the living quarters I felt ashamed for having leaving him there. i forgot to say my husband and i came hm and i had to go back on the 13th.and brought him home. they have not given me any of the 800.00 back. even after my husband called them and told them to keep some for the trouble. not one red cent to the day. this is january 3,2012.
lwn

Augusta, GA

#135 Jan 3, 2012
The living quarters in that place are deplorable. there is no Dr. on staff. no nurse. you detox at a place 20 miles away and then come back there andthe poor soul staying there is at their mercy. Live and Learn. There are good places and believe me by any code of sanitary confinement my dog would fair better.
PS Hamilton K Bleh

Monrovia, Liberia

#137 Feb 1, 2012
Amen having read through your website, we would love to establish a friendship with you. Our location is Monrovia Liberia West Africa.
Our email victory_healingministry2004@ya hoo.com
free

Nashville, GA

#138 Apr 9, 2012
Community Lobbyist wrote:
Paranoid staff...
I agree why do the people in the office have such a hard time makeing a true statment
and you can forget talking to hank he simply will not retrun any phone calls believe me i have tried. if anyone goes to this place make sure that you handle your legal matters yourself.
Morgan

Statesboro, GA

#139 Dec 10, 2012
My boyfriend went there. I would seriously rethink your decision of going there. They claim to be "christian based". I told my boyfriend he needed his heart to be into it or else it wouldn't help him. They told him i was evil and to dump me. Real christians let me tell you..

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#140 Dec 10, 2012
lwn wrote:
The living quarters in that place are deplorable. there is no Dr. on staff. no nurse. you detox at a place 20 miles away and then come back there andthe poor soul staying there is at their mercy. Live and Learn. There are good places and believe me by any code of sanitary confinement my dog would fair better.
Cheer up, it sure beats Andersonville.
Concerned Mother

Montgomery, AL

#141 Jan 30, 2013
I have had my son there, I have visited there, and attended most of the worship services there. My son thanked me for sending him to the Christian Family Center. I am sure, like any other place, that faults can be found, but overall my son got what he needed to break his addiction. Bro Kea is a wonderful senior pastor, with a kind heart. Some of the staff are more personable than others, but that's everywhere. My son was raised in church, and that's what I looked for when I was searching out places to send him.
dshook

Piedmont, AL

#142 Feb 16, 2013
The good lord blessed me and allowed me to attend the CFC for about 5 months.that is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.The CFC is full of love and hope. If you are looking for a resort to go to on the beach or high in the mountains that serves breakfast in bed, this isn't the place for you. The CFC helps you focus on your priorities.in life and # 1 God. Thank you Christian family center and rev. Key for changing my life for the better and giving me hope. GOD IS GOOD!!!
dshook

Piedmont, AL

#143 Feb 16, 2013
Judy Berman wrote:
Where'd Don Gillis go?
CFC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need place to rent Jan 18 Homeless 1
james connell (Jan '11) Jan 14 debbieroundtree 33
Who are the sexiest men in soperton?? (Aug '11) Jan 13 BLONDIE 67
Report: Man Charged With Striking Vehicles Chec... Jan 3 Devilkund 1
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec '14 Bob Jenkins 1
the grass on sides of the road is 6ft tall (Jul '14) Dec '14 2cents 4
Mailman (Oct '11) Jul '14 You Kidding 14
Adrian Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web