local

Soperton, GA

#1 Apr 15, 2013
Anyone noticed any of the loud "booms" around dinner time every so often? Shakes my entire house!
Shawn

Macon, GA

#2 Apr 17, 2013
Yea, usually just after dinner (aroud 2 or 3)

Be glad they are American jets booming!
ROCK

Soperton, GA

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Just boomed @ 5:30 pm April 18-2013
local

Soperton, GA

#4 Apr 18, 2013
Yep, I heard and felt that one as well.
Jack

Macon, GA

#5 Apr 18, 2013
The ones we hear over East Dublin aren't hardly ever around suppertime, they usually come just after Dinner
Ex Tobacco Buyer

Paducah, KY

#6 Apr 21, 2013
Are you sure it is a sonic boom?

It is illegal for even military aircraft (which are the only supersonic ones now flying) to break the sound barrier over a populated area except in special cases of "military necessity" meaning like a real intercept mission.

Way to tell the difference: a distant ground explosion like construction blasting or the jar from artillery shakes the ground; a sonic boom does not.
Sam

Macon, GA

#7 Apr 21, 2013
Whatcha gonna do if they are? Call the po-lice?

I'm thankful they are US jets. Not complining here!
Ex Tobacco Buyer

Paducah, KY

#8 Apr 21, 2013
If it is jets don't be so sure that they are American. Our NATO allies sometimes visit to train in the wide open skies of the U.S. with the USAF and USN - though lately they have been doing it over Poland and Ukraine. The Germans had a squadron permanently based somewhere out west, Nevada, I think. Back in the 1980s people in the Midwest kept reporting seeing MiG-23s - it was the Egyptians paying a visit. A USAF general took one of the MiGs for a joy ride, crashed, and was killed. Russian MiG-29s paid a visit in the late 1990s.
Sam

Macon, GA

#9 Apr 23, 2013
I understad these are going from Warner Robins to some base near Savannah for training, etc....Highly doubt they are non-US, or should I say "I'm glad they are friendly Jets, and not ones attacking us"

I could find a lot more to complain about than our Military up there practicing, doing maintenance and otherwise being ready to protect us if needed.
Ex Tobacco Buyer

Paducah, KY

#10 Apr 23, 2013
Sam wrote:
I could find a lot more to complain about than our Military up there practicing, doing maintenance and otherwise being ready to protect us if needed.
Quite right. Unfortunately there are a lot of conspiracy nuts who make a lot out of ordinary training that has been going on for years into some kind of great "little black helicopters" type conspiracy nonsense. They really freak when they see a foreign aircraft, even though foreign military aircraft have been training here since World War II.

For the last few months the conspiracy nuts up this way have been going full steam because of drone sightings. Fort Campbell is nearby and naturally they practice over its range before going overseas just like they have with conventional aircraft for the last 70 years. We are also directly under the flight path from the base out west where the Dark Star drones are based and they pass overhead now and then in transit overseas, usually hooked up to a KC-10 tanker plane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southeastern Tech Problems Apr 9 Marilyn 1
Who are the sexiest men in soperton?? (Aug '11) Apr 6 God Almighty 70
Disc Golf Mar '15 Tom McCain 1
News Schools still struggle with religion Feb '15 Private Schools 1
holly marie brown (Aug '07) Feb '15 Jenn 5
Need place to rent Jan '15 Homeless 1
james connell (Jan '11) Jan '15 debbieroundtree 33
More from around the web

Adrian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE