First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pathetic

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Aug 26, 2013
So I know theres going to be a bunch of trolls but I am looking for real guidance. I keep feeling like life is not worth living and I feel the only reason I have not done it is out of love for my parents. I fight the urge, fill it with friends, fill it with praying and it dont suppress the urges at all. I just want a way to get the terrible feeling out of me, so I dont feel this way anymore. please any advice if anyone else has had these thoughts how did you suppress them, how did you overcome it,
NoName

Franklin, KY

#2 Aug 26, 2013
Suicidal thoughts can be common however if you are depressed you need to seek help 1-800-273-8255. They will not go away.
Sorry

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Aug 26, 2013
When did you start having these feelings? What was going on in your life when it started?

You may need to seek medical help if nothing else is helping. The good thing is, you are realizing something needs to happen.

Have you considered volunteering and helping some people that are less fortunate than you are? That is an eye opener. I've heard that the best way to lessen your burden, is to pick up someone elses.

Don't give up. We all have hard times, that doesn't mean life will never get better. It just means you are in a rough spot right now.
pathetic

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Aug 26, 2013
i have done the nu,ber before, i have been medicated before, i have been hospitalized before, thoughts are always still lingering.
pathetic

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Aug 26, 2013
depression started a few weeks ago, the lingering suicidal thoughts have been the last few days. Feel trapped, feel like there is no happiness in this world. I have sacrificed everything in my life for this one event and it backfried in my face and am left with nothing now but terrible memories and no hope.
talk

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Aug 26, 2013
You need to physically sent down and talk to someone u trust. It's not easy to beat but u have to think about ur family man which is what I did and eventually came to the conclusion that this is the most selfish act a person can do. Ur not putting urself thru the non sense, but rather ur family. I like to think of myself as someone who loves his fam and friends and u seem the same way. Think about what u would do to them and how selfish it really is bro. Hope this helps, praying for ya.
pathetic

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Aug 26, 2013
talk

thats the only reason I have not went through with it, but i am scared that the pain will end up winning eventually!!
Info

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Aug 26, 2013
Get into counseling and talk about whatever the root cause of the thing you can't get over.

A good book to read to give you perspective is "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankel.

Also try laying off sugar, caffeine, get sunshine, exercise, and take some B vitamins
talk

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Aug 26, 2013
U have a cousin ur close with or best friend? Someone u can sit down with and literally pour ur heart out to man. Say everything on ur mind holding back nothing is what u need to do with someone who can take u serious and that u trust.
pathetic

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Aug 26, 2013
Yea i have a cousin I am close too, but i dont want it back to my parents and get them worried so i am scared to share with anyone, I am trying to get professional help but to be honest I cant afford it.
Sorry

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Aug 26, 2013
Ok, so these feelings are surrounding a particular event. You said you sacrificed everything for this one event. I'm not sure what did or did not happen... but I do know that things happen for a reason. Often times what seems bad in the moment can end up being a huge blessing in the end after some perspective. You said that you've prayed but that doesn't make it go away. But that does tell me you believe in God, so trust Him. Trust Him that whatever you sacrificed everything for was not meant to be. You may never know why it wasn't meant to be, or one day He may choose to let you see what could have happened "if". Only God can see the end results before they happen. Trust Him.... He probably saved you from a ginormous disaster!
NoName

Franklin, KY

#12 Aug 26, 2013
" I have sacrificed everything in my life for this one event and it backfried in my face and am left with nothing now but terrible memories and no hope"...
What was the event? Maybe "talking" about it here can help.
Oh dear

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Aug 26, 2013
I've felt that way before. A man cyperstalked and bullied me along with his friends. He made me feel so low and life wasnt worth living. I applied for jobs at a couple design companies and they turned me down because this man is very good friends with the owners. I really needed that career because I'm having trouble paying for my chemo and doctors appt.

The truth is , is just you need to think about the present and the future. Things will get better for you,. You may feel really down and out but taking you're own life is not the answer. I am sorry you are feeling that way. You are special to those who care about you, please talk to someone and keep your head up. I'll pray for you and hope things get better for you.
pathetic

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Aug 26, 2013
I really cant talk about the event, people who know me use this site every now and then and it will easily relate back to me. I appreciate everyones advice though and all the words of wisdom they provided me.
Sorry

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Aug 26, 2013
pathetic wrote:
I really cant talk about the event, people who know me use this site every now and then and it will easily relate back to me. I appreciate everyones advice though and all the words of wisdom they provided me.
You don't have to talk about it. Just know that this too shall pass. This terrible time that seems hopeless WILL end. It just seems endless right now when you're in the middle of it.

Do not give up. Never ever EVER give up. There is always hope.

I'm sorry you're hurting.

I too will be praying for you and WITH you. Keep seeking God and His will and His wisdom. When we seek to find God above all else, everything else just falls into place. Put all your energy into that. Try not to focus on the situation at hand. When you find yourself thinking on it, distract yourself. Pray. Put on some worship music. Find a funny book. Go somewhere with a friend. Anything to keep your mind off of it.

“Da Imp”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#16 Aug 26, 2013
pathetic wrote:
So I know theres going to be a bunch of trolls but I am looking for real guidance. I keep feeling like life is not worth living and I feel the only reason I have not done it is out of love for my parents. I fight the urge, fill it with friends, fill it with praying and it dont suppress the urges at all. I just want a way to get the terrible feeling out of me, so I dont feel this way anymore. please any advice if anyone else has had these thoughts how did you suppress them, how did you overcome it,
How old are you, it might be part of it if you're older. If not, maybe you need to find something of interest - even just to try different things out to see if they click for you.

Also, if you have past events that have caused emotional / mental issues for you, maybe looking into PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) for ways of helping yourself.
well

Fayetteville, AR

#17 Aug 26, 2013
You sound young. Most young folks think the world is just ending over any little thing, then when things compound it gets REALLY bad. There is help outthere, but realize that suicide is an absolute cowards way out. A permanent fix to temporary problems, things you can overcome if you TRY and not just give up. Every single person in the history of the world who has killed themselves were lazy cowards who couldn't confront their problems, and work hard to overcome them. Don't join that crowd.

“Da Imp”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 27, 2013
well wrote:
You sound young. Most young folks think the world is just ending over any little thing, then when things compound it gets REALLY bad. There is help outthere, but realize that suicide is an absolute cowards way out. A permanent fix to temporary problems, things you can overcome if you TRY and not just give up. Every single person in the history of the world who has killed themselves were lazy cowards who couldn't confront their problems, and work hard to overcome them. Don't join that crowd.
that was the most callous and worse thing to say in this situation. It is NOT helpful, and in fact is the thing that helps push the person further into depression. This person came on here for help, not more reason via someone telling them they're something negative (coward).

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#19 Aug 27, 2013
what I learned from my life is 'Every problem has a solution'. Committing suicide is not a solution. It is a kind of escapism from problems. Live your life!
Troll

Ashland, KY

#20 Aug 27, 2013
"Depression" is unmotivated anger.
Stop being a pussilanimous little emo, get mad, and do something to change what is making you so sad!
Use your fists, signs, bullhorns, graffiti, blogging, and every method at your disposal, you ineffective little wuss!
If all else fails, and this cold, dark life is just not worth it, you could take one out with you and make the world a little better for those of us still in it (j/k)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adolphus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They took my discussion down because it was true 1 hr Nobody 3
Deanna? 2 hr Livesnbg 13
Kati Ray! 2 hr possibility 1
wku's improved hilltoppers! 3 hr wkufan 3
BG Bandits Owners Fire The Coaches 5 hr BBKing 22
wbko kristi hancock 5 hr Scarecrow 70
Owner of Bowling Green Glass, Jim French, arres... 5 hr donny 3
Adolphus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Adolphus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Adolphus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Adolphus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night