Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189001 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!
"Bingo"! Such genius! Teach that idiot Jizzy how to troll. Please! He's so bad at it he thinks he's not a troll. You're not real good at it either with stuff like your "bingo" troll, but better than that dopey Jizzy.

Help Jizzy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189002 Apr 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have a piece of paper, but anyone who looks at your partner and you will immediately see the difference. Even a child will know.
Smile.
So... the exact same way I look at you and your partner and the piece of paper you two have.

I can spot your type comming a long way away

That is all they want, and they will get it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189003 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
What is truly said is this. You seem to think its an admirable trait.
Don't be sad Jizzy!

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189004 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Judging your actions and comments made on other Gay and Lesbian threads, I must call you out as a bold faced liar.
Judging by your actions and comments on straight threads I must call you a silly jackass dummy who dropped out of high school.

P.S. What's your wife do while you troll the gay threads?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189007 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going out getting signatures from the American public? Have you hired a lawyer? Have you filed suit in court? The answer is no to all of the above. You don't give two craps about polygamy.
You give him too much credit, I donít think he gives a single crap. His only interest in Poly, is how he can use it to attack those in favor of same sex marriage, he is using those people, and will toss them in the garbage when he is done with them

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189008 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. Now Big D's gonna go all Superman on you!
He will fight you for "Truth! Justice! and the American Way!"
And pole dancer will cut your throat!
And X-Box will quote some dopey ad hominem on you!
And Rose_NoNo will ask if you should have been aborted.
And Jizzy will say "Oh snap! Cool beans!"
And Old SniffsButt will prescribe thorazine. An anal drip.
Did I miss anyone?
Man that was funny paisan. I think you got 'em all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189010 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TK0EA9RFQ...
On this thread you will see the real Frankie, he posts page after page.
I had not seen that.. thanks.. I already knew I was right about him, but it is nice to be validated.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189011 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.. so I am old fashion,ďlet justice be done though the heavens fallĒ

I have to show my age in some way I suppose.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189013 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Overturning Prop will put us exactly where we were before Prop 8 was put into effect.
No more, no less
Overturning prop 8 will make one less pesky law against poly. And that fact just chaps your ass!

That's the funny part.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189014 Apr 17, 2013
Dear SSMers

I am puzzled by your attitudes regarding legal polygamy/plural marriage. They seem to range from outright hostility to tepid support. "Marriage equality" is the mantra of the movement, yet there is a strong reluctance to include polygamy. Why? A seldom mentioned yet obvious objective within the movement is to shatter the monogamous conjugal (husband and wife) marital standard forever. To fundamental alter the very legal concept as a unique privileged union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. It stands to reason once that's changed, ssm is not the only logical path.

Polygamy is a valid form of marriage throughout time and place, far, far older than SSM, and more widely practiced. Why shouldn't it be considered? Is there a fear that to embrace it would undermine the SSM movement? A reluctance to share the spotlight? A sense of superiority?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189015 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going out getting signatures from the American public? Have you hired a lawyer? Have you filed suit in court? The answer is no to all of the above. You don't give two craps about polygamy.
I don't want to do those things, I simply want to discuss marriage equality.

If I were inclined to go out and gather signatures and hire lawyers, it would be to get rid of cowards like you who disrespect disabled veterans simply for the sake of trying insult one on a silly topix thread.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189016 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie, Jade just posted, you better get over there and post more homophobic blather
Naah. North Eastern Jade is a washed up has-been. You are the new Jade!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189017 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You give him too much credit, I donít think he gives a single crap. His only interest in Poly, is how he can use it to attack those in favor of same sex marriage, he is using those people, and will toss them in the garbage when he is done with them
You twist and you squirm to hide it but we see right through your bigotry.

I support marriage equality. You, not so much.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189018 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TK0EA9RFQ...
On this thread you will see the real Frankie, he posts page after page.
Funny stuff! But not homophobic. I like gay people! Looks like fun. Except for the sex part. For that I like HOT CHICKS!

I'm sure folks will enjoy the Jizzy war stories on that thread.

Loosen up Fruitloops! You're all mad and sh!t.

All trolling aside. I support gay rights. And poly rights. You, not so much.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189019 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a drama queen! "Toss them in the garbage" Too Funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189020 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
:)

Jizzy's very animated today! Big fun.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189021 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Not a problem, have at the asshat
Thanks! I need the audience. Bunch of sticks in the mud like you over there.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189022 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You twist and you squirm to hide it but we see right through your bigotry.
I support marriage equality. You, not so much.
You have that backwards kiddo, I suspect I support Poly more than you do, I would actually vote in favor of it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189023 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Dear SSMers
I am puzzled by your attitudes regarding legal polygamy/plural marriage. They seem to range from outright hostility to tepid support. "Marriage equality" is the mantra of the movement, yet there is a strong reluctance to include polygamy. Why? A seldom mentioned yet obvious objective within the movement is to shatter the monogamous conjugal (husband and wife) marital standard forever. To fundamental alter the very legal concept as a unique privileged union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. It stands to reason once that's changed, ssm is not the only logical path.
Polygamy is a valid form of marriage throughout time and place, far, far older than SSM, and more widely practiced. Why shouldn't it be considered? Is there a fear that to embrace it would undermine the SSM movement? A reluctance to share the spotlight? A sense of superiority?
Yes there is! Just evidence the hostility against me for supporting poly. They get so frustrated and angry with me, but it's on them. I'm simply the messenger, don't shoot the messenger. But if you support same sex marriage and you do not support poly marriage you are a hypocrite. I make 'em see their own hypocrisy. It enrages them.

I truly support all marriages. Marriage is good for society. If we allow some people only to marry and not other (unpopular) people, it's not as Big D would say "Truth justice and the American way!"
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189024 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Dear SSMers
They just know why you are bringing it up, Prop 8 has no effect on polygamy, as illegal before Prop 8 and during Prop 8 and will still be illegal after Prop 8 is overturned.

I would vote in favor of polygamy myself, because I donít see a valid reason why a government should be involved other than the keeper of the legal contract.

The only fear you generate with the Poly arguments are the religious nut jobs ( your constituency ) not anyone else. Your problem is that your constituency is already in the minority and already opposed to same sex marriage, scaring them will get you nowhere but having them scream more fanatically which just turns more people away from them.

It is a dead end argument that frightens no one that you hope it will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 wildfires keep firefighters busy in California Aug '14 Cindy 1
Justin Bieber's Bodyguard, Driver Arrested In A... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Jack 5
Inhospitality (Mar '14) Mar '14 ken 1
The Complete Beer Nerd's Guide to SF Beer Week (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mark Spalding 1
Selena Gomez Wears Flannel Without Resembling A... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 3
Selena Gomez Rocks A Crop Top On Sunny Day In L... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Big mike 6
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Adin, CA (Nov '11) Nov '11 karen anderson 1
Adin Dating
Find my Match

Adin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Adin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Adin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News