Motorcyclist killed in Apple Valley c...

Motorcyclist killed in Apple Valley crash identified

There are 42 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Aug 20, 2009, titled Motorcyclist killed in Apple Valley crash identified. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

A motorcyclist who died in a crash at the end of a California Highway Patrol chase has been identified as a 23-year-old Apple Valley man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jeremy

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Aug 20, 2009
There has been at least a couple dozen pursuit-caused motorcycle deaths this year. When are you going to stop chasing motorcycles? You complain about increasing motorcyclist fatalities... well a couple dozen would still be alive if police didn't chase them to their deaths for a stupid traffic ticket.

Ya, ya, we can't have people running rampant on our streets running from the cops. So lets just shoot everyone that disobeys authority. It's the same thing as chasing a motorcycle. Stupid.
wkendad

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Aug 20, 2009
There have been at least a couple dozen pursuit-caused motorcycle deaths this year.
When are you going to stop running from the police and just pull over?
It's only a stupid traffic ticket...

That's the other side of the story.....

And yes the motorcyclists that run are stupid...
With that I agree
Stephan

Costa Mesa, CA

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Hmmm - maybe if they did not run from the police, the police would not give chase then?

Take the stupid ticket or take the stupid result from being chased by the police....

If you're smart, the choice is clear.

But if you're stupid.....well, that's going to hurt. Sometimes real bad....
Evelyn

Orange, CA

#4 Aug 20, 2009
What is the side of the story, A young man who was 23 died because the police officers did not know how to handle themselves in that situation. He died Wednesday and he was coming home after he had finished working. This was a man who served his country in the army and was making the army his career. Apple valley is a place that does alot of profiling of its young men. How many times does a police officer pull over a mother in a SUV with children inside? The question should not be what was the motorcyclist doing but why was the police trying to do when they felt they had to bother a man coming home from work?
ranchoman

Cedarpines Park, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2009
The Victorville Newspaper claims he was going 114 mph,he could have killed more people,but sorry to hear when such a young person ends there life the way he did.
Trip

Hesperia, CA

#6 Aug 20, 2009
NOOO! What were you thinking?! We can't be riding like this! How sad!!!
Geddy

Ontario, CA

#7 Aug 20, 2009
Who are all these losers blaming the police for this man's bad decision making? Who cares if he was in the Army? That gives him the right to run from the police?

Darwin's theory at work here. Let's just hope he hadn't bred yet and passed along his stupidity gene.
zuk mydik

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Aug 20, 2009
obviously he didn't learn anything in the army..if he would've stopped, he would be alive...i guess he didn't care about his own life..a couple hundred dollars ticket turned into a couple thousand dollars funeral...bad choice
Idiot

Victorville, CA

#9 Aug 20, 2009
Perhaps this "perfect" boy was running from the police because he was driving on a suspended/restricted license as a result of the D.U.I. he received in March of this year? Or maybe his license was suspended/restricted because of his 2 previous speeding tickets? For him being such a young kid (23 years old) it doesn't appear that he was on the right path. The offenses quoted above are from just San Bernardino County. Who knows what else might be out there in other counties. As far as I'm concerned he got exactly what he was asking for. Even at his young age he had to know that if he's going over 110 miles per hour and being chased by the police there's a pretty good chance a person in his position will be severely injured or die. With all that being said, I do, however, feel horrible for his family. I'm a mother of an 18 year old boy and I hope to God his dad and I have taught him enough so that he never pulls a stupid stunt like this kid.
Evelyn wrote:
What is the side of the story, A young man who was 23 died because the police officers did not know how to handle themselves in that situation. He died Wednesday and he was coming home after he had finished working. This was a man who served his country in the army and was making the army his career. Apple valley is a place that does alot of profiling of its young men. How many times does a police officer pull over a mother in a SUV with children inside? The question should not be what was the motorcyclist doing but why was the police trying to do when they felt they had to bother a man coming home from work?
Eillyon

AOL

#10 Aug 20, 2009
Evelyn wrote:
What is the side of the story, A young man who was 23 died because the police officers did not know how to handle themselves in that situation. He died Wednesday and he was coming home after he had finished working. This was a man who served his country in the army and was making the army his career. Apple valley is a place that does alot of profiling of its young men. How many times does a police officer pull over a mother in a SUV with children inside? The question should not be what was the motorcyclist doing but why was the police trying to do when they felt they had to bother a man coming home from work?
Excuse me? You say the police did not know how to handle themselves? They did exactly what they were supposed to do, pull someone over when they saw them violate the vehicle code. Now, what was the motorcyclist supposed to do? When I read the vehicle code for my drivers test I did not see the part where it said "speed away" when an officer pulls you over. At least face reality. He died because he sped away. All he had to do was pull over like hundereds of other people do each day when they get a ticket or a warning. He took a risk. He risked his life for no reason. Put blame where it belongs. The cops did not make the decision for him to turn a simple traffic stop into a chase. He did, not the cops. The cops were not chasing him to make him go faster, they were chasing him to get him to pull over. Your logic is twisted.
Eillyon

AOL

#11 Aug 20, 2009
The police do not make someone run by chasing them, the police chase someone because they are running. Figure it out, Evelyn.
Eillyon

AOL

#12 Aug 20, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
There has been at least a couple dozen pursuit-caused motorcycle deaths this year. When are you going to stop chasing motorcycles? You complain about increasing motorcyclist fatalities... well a couple dozen would still be alive if police didn't chase them to their deaths for a stupid traffic ticket.
Ya, ya, we can't have people running rampant on our streets running from the cops. So lets just shoot everyone that disobeys authority. It's the same thing as chasing a motorcycle. Stupid.
It's not like the police are shooting them, it's like they are shooting themselves.
No Apologies

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#13 Aug 20, 2009
So now the police are supposed to be mind readers? They should just automatically know which idiot that's running from them is a "good" guy and which one just shot a convenience store clerk? Dang Evelyn, you sure don't use much common sense do you.
Evelyn wrote:
What is the side of the story, A young man who was 23 died because the police officers did not know how to handle themselves in that situation. He died Wednesday and he was coming home after he had finished working. This was a man who served his country in the army and was making the army his career. Apple valley is a place that does alot of profiling of its young men. How many times does a police officer pull over a mother in a SUV with children inside? The question should not be what was the motorcyclist doing but why was the police trying to do when they felt they had to bother a man coming home from work?
Stop the blame game

Fontana, CA

#14 Aug 21, 2009
What sickens me about this accident is that family and friends on the Victorville website is blaming the officer. This is what our society has turned into, no one want to own up mistakes. It is always someone else fault.

Today everyone walks around big and bad with all these tatoos w/saying such as "live with no regrets", "only god can judge" etc, but when something happens to them as in this case they are not at fault and everyone else is to blame. It was the cop who put him on the souped up bike, made him shift gears, and told him to evade the cops. There is no logic in this guys family thinking.
RussS_Apple_Vall eyCa

Apple Valley, CA

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Jeremy wrote:
There has been at least a couple dozen pursuit-caused motorcycle deaths this year.

When are you going to stop chasing motorcycles? You complain about increasing motorcyclist fatalities... well a couple dozen would still be alive if police didn't chase them to their deaths for a stupid traffic ticket. Stupid.
Hey Jeremy;
You say there's been dozens of motor cycle chase related deaths. Where? Prove it. Provide your source.

When we use an imaginary army to provide authority for our position that's tactic, and it don't pass through the bull shit meter. Mine's totally goin' off here.

There's not one area, agency, person, concept or law that anyone can blame for any single incident.

It's a recipe for these disasters that's at play here. And that recipe ain't tasting too good right now, is it?

We, those of us who can feed ourselves, society, make endless strings of wrong decisions, and then complain. We ask for help from everyone we meet, and they feel sorry for you and hand you some money, cheese, a house or whatever and you get just a little bit lazier. And you complain some more, and poof pretty soon your're all fat, and you smile. And then you complain.

What a job it is. It takes alotta work to be a heavy weight.
If you're gonna be stupid, at least you should be tough.
FedUp

San Bernardino, CA

#16 Aug 26, 2009
I am really fed up with people that don't accept responsbility for their own actions. The family of this idiot is blaming the police for actually trying to stop him. Never mind he was going 114 mph down a public roadway. On the local Daily Press website they are bashing anyone who supports the police actions which is TOTALLY INSANE. This guy was and absolute moron for traveling that fast and the police had every right to try and pull him over. He made the choice to run and wiped out. When is the family going to get the message that the police did not kill there son. He killed himself.
EXCUSE ME

San Bernardino, CA

#17 Aug 26, 2009
I live in the High Desert and the local newspaper there said that this rider was going 114 mph when the CHP tried to stop him and he refused to stop. He had a pending DUI and had just left a bar. The family and friends are bombarding the local comment section of the news article in the Daily Press making all kinds of crazy accusations against the police and everyone else. My kids not at fault, he didn't do anything wrong, they should have just let him go home. Anyone posting on that site gets blasted by a bunch of gangster types if they even dare to support the CHP or peramedics. They have even made death threats over it if anyone dares to say that this man made a decision not to stop and that is what caused his death. EXCUSE ME, but going 114 mph on the roadway when you shouldn't have been on the roadway to begin with and evading the police is bound to result in death if you wipe out and hit a fence. It is the riders fault and not anyone else's. It is a tragedy for anyone to loose their life this way but how about accepting responsibility for your own dumb decisions and not blame the cops for your own stupidity.
EXCUSE ME

San Bernardino, CA

#18 Aug 26, 2009
What planet are you from lady? There was no profiling here. He flew past the CHP officers and that is what called attention to him at 114 mph. This is one of the family or friends who thinks they should have just let him go the rest of the way home. Yeah right, what if he had hit and killed someone on the way. The fact that he was a soldier doesn't give him a license to felony evade. Apparently, he had a pending DUI and shouldn't have been driving to begin with. Stop the blame game and put the responsibility where it belongs. I'll give you a clue where that is-on the riders shoulders not the CHP.
Evelyn wrote:
What is the side of the story, A young man who was 23 died because the police officers did not know how to handle themselves in that situation. He died Wednesday and he was coming home after he had finished working. This was a man who served his country in the army and was making the army his career. Apple valley is a place that does alot of profiling of its young men. How many times does a police officer pull over a mother in a SUV with children inside? The question should not be what was the motorcyclist doing but why was the police trying to do when they felt they had to bother a man coming home from work?
Evelyn

Orange, CA

#19 Aug 27, 2009
I knew some of the people from the other site would end up here. I never blame the police but they do like to stop people at times for no reason or because they are behind on the quotas they have to fill.
Their is alot of documentation on police doing this. Please do research, just stating a fact.
I stated an opinion and he already paid with his life.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, people do not know how to dabate an opinion. Let me know when I have straight out stated that I am accusing the police and make sure I start with the Words "I accuse"
New Day and very beautiful, Hope everyone has a wonderful day
RussS_Apple_Vall eyCa

Apple Valley, CA

#20 Aug 27, 2009
Evelyn wrote:
the police do like to stop people at times for no reason or because they are behind on the quotas they have to fill.
people do not know how to dabate an opinion.
Let me know when I have straight out stated that I am accusing the police and make sure I start with the Words "I accuse"
Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Quota's? what quota's? and for the record; there IS NO MAFIA!

Next time you get out on the street take notice of this little secret conspiracy goin' on;

Notice while driving, that several motorists, more than usual, being ticketed right around the 27th thru the 31st of the month and then again about the 12th thru the 14th of the month.

Those days, right before mid-month (the 15th) and just before the beginning of the month,(the 1st) your friendly traffic enforcers are out en-mass trying not to let time lapse, filling their quotas.

If mid-month passes without enough tickets being written, or if end-of-month looms and not enough people broke the law, tax dollars shrink, enforcers lose revenue. Traffic stats cannot go down or fed and state funding is lost for the locals.

The end result is they hafta use crappier computers, and tires. Less money from the feds means less enforcers. So if you want to be more free, naturally, don't break the law. Avoid driving during those times, at least be a little more aware.

Evelyn's been taking some heat here huh? That's because of putting your opinion in writing for all to see on the internet FOREVER!

First off try to think of what that means when you tell us your brilliant ideas and opinions.

Next, we'd all do well to remember that opinions start inside you and well up when you feel threatened, then you voice your opinion and someone opposes it. There can only be one outcome; war.

In order to debate anything two or more players will post a comment and leave it at that. It's your opinion. Problems naturally arise when one side decides to push their opinion off on someone else. They react, push back, whammo, war ensues.

Your handlers (enforcers) count on the fact that people have opinions, that way they can incite you into doing things you normally wouldn't do, like riot, or drive fast, or do drugs, or eat too much.

Lose your opinion, improve the quality of your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adelanto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Kaplan CPA is a crook 9 hr Yeah 1
News Phelan to get roads paved (Oct '08) Wed Earth First 6
News "Zorro" Miyazawa, JH1AJT, Presented with Intrep... Tue Lucy Ann 1
News Cal Fire building fuel breaks throughout Sierra... Tue Lucy Ann 1
News Nut prices carry influence on values of farmland Tue Lucy Ann 1
News Mighty Oak Chorus concert is May 7 Tue Lucy Ann 1
News Visalia employees try to stop robbery by jumpin... Tue Lucy Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Adelanto Mortgages