Adel police seize marijuana, cocaine

Adel police seize marijuana, cocaine

There are 7 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Feb 2, 2008, titled Adel police seize marijuana, cocaine. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

Police have arrested a teenager on drug charges in Cook and Lowndes County. 19 year-old Altwon Scruggs of Adel was wanted in Cook County for probation violations and narcotics charges in Lowndes County. via WALB-TV Albany

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

Nick Collins

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2008
Is this the same Scruggs who was involved in an armed robbery and arrested for drugs within the last two years. I wonder if he will get "Double Secret Probation" this time or if he will do some real time this go around. I hope for the sake of the Cook County things turn around.
lindsy vickers

Moultrie, GA

#2 Mar 24, 2008
i know scruggs. i just wish that alot of young men around my community would change there ways. but then again. if there were more job opportunities for us young people we wouldnt have to go out and do the illegal things we do! give us more jobs!
Paul Harvey

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Mar 31, 2008
He is a good kid making poor choices. The kids in Cook County need more positive reinforcement in their lives starting with home. I've made mistakes as well, but P.R. changed my life and I can look at life a bit different. My heart goes out to the Scruggs family.
patience

AOL

#4 Apr 4, 2008
this is a sad story and my heart ggoes out to the young man and his family. i really hope he will stay out of trouble after this is behind him. i also hop he doesnt have to serve time in LOWNDES COUNTY Jail because this is where the guards murder inmates and get away with it! yep, its true! Capt. JD YEAGER, Sheriff ashley paulk, the coroner, staff at south georgia medical center and the guards at lowndes county jail have been killing inmates and covering it up for years. especially black inmates. please google a chorus of fear and/or lowndes county jail deaths...
also, in the nov. 2008 elections- PLEASE DONT VOTE FOR JD YEAGER!!!
Moe Mentum

Miramar Beach, FL

#5 Jul 12, 2008
lindsy vickers wrote:
i know scruggs. i just wish that alot of young men around my community would change there ways. but then again. if there were more job opportunities for us young people we wouldnt have to go out and do the illegal things we do! give us more jobs!
Dry this one out and you can fertilize your lawn with it.

There are jobs every day. Check the classifieds. The problem isn't a lack of work, its a lack of legal, low intensity work with high payout for people without an education. Guess what? It doesn't exist. People actually have to attempt to better themselves, put an effort into making themselves marketable and market themselves. It's about choices.

If you don't want to pick fruit or sling burgers for a living, do something to make yourself worth more money. People moan and groan that illegals take all of the jobs, but take a look at what they do: Pick lettuce, cotton, melons, lawn work, menial labor. All of the stuff us proud Americans WON'T do while we stand in line for a free handout, or rob people who earn their own money legitimately, or peddle drugs which destroy the fabric of polite society. Illegals have a better work ethic than most citizens. What a travesty.

Drugs are "easy money," but high risk. It's all part of the game. If you aren't smart enough not to get caught, you should find another line of work.

And now, with felonies, this worthless terd will NEVER be able to get a decent job (unless he gets drafted into the NBA, MLB or NFL).

I have no sympathy for these societal leeches. I came from nothing, started with nothing and now have something. I did it myself. I learned, earned and moved up. I did it without the help of outside influences.

You can do it too.
LKC

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 20, 2011
It's all so sad. I lived in Adel Ga, for several years, and went to school in Valdosta and Tifton. I refused to allow my children to be hindered by the blatant racism there, so I moved them to the Midwest where I had been raised. Recently I returned to Adel to visit, and was shocked to find out the standard of living for black has not improved but actually seems to have gotten worse. I dont understand, Adel has grown but only along I 75, Does this mean the only source of income is the travellers on the highway. Adel has massive amounts of vacant land, and a large amount of unemployed laborers, why cant they try to attract industry to come there.It almost looks as if no one plans for Adel to survive, just get what you can from it and move on.
Ed Spacer

Douglas, GA

#7 Dec 17, 2011
I apologize,but nobody sticks a gun to anyones head to do drugs or commit crime. No excuses or bull. As humans,we need to be responsible and accountable for our actions,or itll become a quagmire like the liberal states up north.
LKC wrote:
It's all so sad. I lived in Adel Ga, for several years, and went to school in Valdosta and Tifton. I refused to allow my children to be hindered by the blatant racism there, so I moved them to the Midwest where I had been raised. Recently I returned to Adel to visit, and was shocked to find out the standard of living for black has not improved but actually seems to have gotten worse. I dont understand, Adel has grown but only along I 75, Does this mean the only source of income is the travellers on the highway. Adel has massive amounts of vacant land, and a large amount of unemployed laborers, why cant they try to attract industry to come there.It almost looks as if no one plans for Adel to survive, just get what you can from it and move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just wondering Aug 23 sam_bradshaw2016 1
News 22 "Johns" arrested in prostitution sting (Jan '14) Aug 17 USS LIBERTY 20
Lake City, Florida (Dec '07) Aug 12 Starlicker 2
Hitler Hillary Clinton Jul '16 Anti hillary 1
the masonic lodge (Jul '10) Jul '16 anonymous 3
let's start drinking! (Feb '16) Jun '16 One great night 5
New doc (May '15) Apr '16 badood23 2

Adel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance