JOHN BOGERT: Presidential brother Billy Carter's gas station is...

Full story: Daily Breeze

I met William Alton Carter III by the pop machines at the Torrance Holiday Inn in October 1982.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2009
Freightman

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Just another sad reminder of the colossal idiot Jimmy Carter. Hillbilly heaven indeed. No wonder they lost the war.
TomFromPV

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

I remember seeing Jimmy Carter at the LA County Fair in 1976. And feeling elated that he beat Nixon's toady, Gerald Ford, in November.

But then we got him as President. As a young person trying to get going, I'll never forget the monster inflation, the monster interest rates, and the whole climate of "malaise" we all felt. What a godawful 4 years.

I did buy Billy Beer though! And because of Carter, we did get Reagan.(of course, because of Perot, we got Clinton and because of Bush we got Obama...)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Adel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 43 min Jemima 52,162
Debate: Gay Marriage - Nashville, GA (Jul '10) 9 hr Christie Uhm 47
22 "Johns" arrested in prostitution sting (Jan '14) Aug 18 indict joshua karsh 9
Cashier Shell station Aug 16 Danny Noonan 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Adel, GA (Jul '11) Aug 13 nigbo 4
Lester Ross charged w/murder 12/12 (Jun '13) Jul 23 polk county 11
Ray City Fire Chief? (Jul '11) Jul '14 Ray City will nev... 21

Search the Adel Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Adel Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••