AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
Harp

United States

#7064 Jun 25, 2013
Anybody heading to Jackson, MS training center is in for a treat! Pole climbing is a blast and the instructor s are very knowledgeable. Week two safety sucks the big one!! Good luck to all. We did have two quit on day 3 of climbing week.
frank

Benicia, CA

#7065 Jun 26, 2013
Update for me

applied for a wire splicing job in the bay area in April.. invited to Technical Mechanical Test II (TMTII) testing in May (passed).

Fast forward to two weeks ago applied for a Premises Technician job in the bay area and just now got
Realistic Job Preview (RJP) and Premises Technician Assessment (PTA) interview next week in San Ramon.
Joe

Exeter, CA

#7066 Jun 26, 2013
I had my Rjp and Pta today. Does anyone know what's next? Does the manager tell you in the end of your Rjp and pta what to expect? I felt I didn't answer one of the four questions correctly and I am worried I might have gotten disqualified.
Thank you for the help
frank

Benicia, CA

#7067 Jun 26, 2013
Joe how was the test... any advice.. what where the ?'s
Harp

Baton Rouge, LA

#7068 Jun 26, 2013
Joe wrote:
I had my Rjp and Pta today. Does anyone know what's next? Does the manager tell you in the end of your Rjp and pta what to expect? I felt I didn't answer one of the four questions correctly and I am worried I might have gotten disqualified.
Thank you for the help
Joe you wait for a ranstad recruiter to contact you with your conditional job offer then if all is well you begin the background check and get scheduled for piss test and physical. For what its worth I got called 4 hrs later after my rjp at 8 pm on a Thursday and went that Friday for physical and drug screen. I know some guys that waited 3 months on that call. I was hired and in class 2 weeks later. Best of luck.
HopefulPremTech

Los Angeles, CA

#7069 Jun 26, 2013
I'm going through the background process right now but so far AT&T hasn't made a conditional offer which I was expecting at the beginning. Any other new hires experiencing this too? Is AT&T changing their process and waiting to make offers until after HireRight is 100% complete?
Moe Tech

Marietta, GA

#7070 Jun 27, 2013
HopefulPremTech wrote:
I'm going through the background process right now but so far AT&T hasn't made a conditional offer which I was expecting at the beginning. Any other new hires experiencing this too? Is AT&T changing their process and waiting to make offers until after HireRight is 100% complete?
This is what I went through. They will call you after the background is completed and offer you a job at a specific garage location and give you a wage offer based in you education and work experience, they may have to call you back with the wage offer if they have any additional questions about those. If the garage location isn't to your liking ask if they have other positions available, they may have a later start date, but there is no point in taking a job 40 miles away if there is one within 10.
HopefulPremTech

Covina, CA

#7071 Jun 27, 2013
Moe Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I went through. They will call you after the background is completed and offer you a job at a specific garage location and give you a wage offer based in you education and work experience, they may have to call you back with the wage offer if they have any additional questions about those. If the garage location isn't to your liking ask if they have other positions available, they may have a later start date, but there is no point in taking a job 40 miles away if there is one within 10.
Thanks for the info, I just found out today everything went through fine on the BG check so they are just waiting for a spot to open up. Did you request a different garage then was originally offered? If so how much time did that add to the process? Also, how long after you completed the BGC did you here from them with an offer and opening?
Bobby

Arlington, TX

#7072 Jun 27, 2013
Finishing up 1st week of training tomorrow. Already had 5 drops from class. People showing up really out of shape and afraid to death of heights. Its not tough, just be ready to train! Its a lot of fun!
HopefulPremTech

Covina, CA

#7073 Jun 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
Finishing up 1st week of training tomorrow. Already had 5 drops from class. People showing up really out of shape and afraid to death of heights. Its not tough, just be ready to train! Its a lot of fun!
I wouldn't say I'm out of shape but definitely need to get more of a routine going in the gym to feel more comfortable before training starts. Any suggestions to help prepare for pole climbing week?
Milwaukee PT

Plymouth, WI

#7074 Jun 27, 2013
HopefulPremTech wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say I'm out of shape but definitely need to get more of a routine going in the gym to feel more comfortable before training starts. Any suggestions to help prepare for pole climbing week?
Leg strength, balance, coordination watch some YouTube videos on pole climbing, and yes the poles do swing
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

I would say for most that quit or fail out in this week is because of scared of heights, climb to 6, 12, and 18 foot heights , maneuver left and right, descend. If your feet are at 18 feet and your 6 feet tall your looking down 24 feet to ground or two stories rooftop on your belly looking over the edge
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7075 Jun 28, 2013
Sorry for posting splicing tech questions again on here. But did anyone every get called for the TERM positions in Riverside,CA?
Bobby

Arlington, TX

#7076 Jun 28, 2013
Milwaukee gave perfect advice! I'd also add to buy some mole skin and athletic tape before training. A lot of blistered hands.
Lance

Portland, OR

#7077 Jun 28, 2013
Great info here from everybody.
Wanted to throw this out there for opinions.

I have a Bachelors in Business and enjoy working with computers/technology.
From what I read PT doesn't present any career opportunies. Would a PT job be a good entry level to start at with Att or a waste of time for the lack of opportunities PT leads to.
Moe Tech

Marietta, GA

#7078 Jun 29, 2013
HopefulPremTech wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info, I just found out today everything went through fine on the BG check so they are just waiting for a spot to open up. Did you request a different garage then was originally offered? If so how much time did that add to the process? Also, how long after you completed the BGC did you here from them with an offer and opening?
There is a lot of demand for techs in my area so I received a call within a few hours of getting my copy of my background check. I asked if there were any other garages available and she gave me a few locations none really closer or better than the other so I stuck with the original one offered. Taking a different garage location would have delayed my start date by a week or two but that may be longer if there isn't as big of a demand in your area.
Milwaukee PT

Plymouth, WI

#7079 Jun 29, 2013
Lance, I posted in my opinion the best description of this job on Feb 19, 2012 (page 284), http://m.topix.com/forum/dallas/TR37JEH86FO62...
There are three guys I work with hired in 2006/2007 as PT and still are PTs six years later.

ATT (SBC) has 180,000 union seniority based hourly positions.
For PT/WT once top scale is reached with overtime can easily make $1200-$1500/week on 50-60 hrs per week.
$60k plus per year with good bennies and just need a high school education with GOOD customer service skills.
For management positions the bachelor degree is preferred, I work with several individuals with two and four degrees (I have 2 AS degrees myself) who prefer to stay as workers.

Question is what do you want to do with your degree, this is a good job but for many not a career (think 4 year enlistment in military vs military career of 20-30 years)

Are you working now? Using your degree? How bright is your future? Best to you and yours.
Moe Tech

Marietta, GA

#7080 Jun 29, 2013
When it comes time for you guys to get boots att is going to throw some requirements at you and there seemed to be a lot of confusion about that. You want all leather, covers your ankle, and a block heel for ladders and gaffs that is really what it comes down to. You're not required to have a steel toe and the instructors in pole climbing recommended against it for comfort while climbing. If you want maximum comfort while on ladders or gaffs look for something with a steel or composite shank in them, this will spread the pressure out from your arch to your heel and front of your foot; this was also recommended by the instructors.
calikid

Visalia, CA

#7081 Jun 29, 2013
Hi! Is there any splicing techs that just got hired in norcal? socal? I know tlavery's husband just finished training. I just wanted to know if they were hiring alot of splicers? Thanks
Joe

Exeter, CA

#7082 Jun 29, 2013
frank wrote:
Joe how was the test... any advice.. what where the ?'s
The four questions were : What skills/experience do you have that you think will make you a good T&T employee? How did you deal with a customer/client that was upset or rude? When was an instance when you were unable to resolve an issue on your own, and how did you deal with it? When was an instance when you needed to demonstrate a new product or service to a client/customer, and how did they react to your instructions?
Joe

Exeter, CA

#7083 Jun 29, 2013
calikid wrote:
Bobby. The rjp is in central Cal. Will keep you guys posted.
I see you are from Visalia , I had my RJP/PTA on Wednesday in Visalia for the premises technician job. Have you heard any thing from them? Did the manager tell you what to expect after your interview?

Thank you for the help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 18 min what a russsh 1,569
Vote for Addison Agen on NBC's The Voice...TONIGHT Mon PookiePoo1963 1
OneBody in Yahawashi, Dallas TX: Don't watch an... Sun Cshebrew 4
Sarah Elizabeth Pyle Photography Sat Bella Gucci 2
The Power Company Texas and Robert Alan Boeninger (Nov '11) Aug '17 Beaten Kidnapped 23
Poll Do you listen to 97.1 the eagle (Feb '08) May '17 I enjoy music 7
Review: Knox Furniture Gallery (Jun '15) Sep '16 bennie123 4

Addison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages