AT&T Premises Technician Pay?...
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6469 Feb 20, 2013
new tech wrote:
<quoted text>
it could be any where from a week to a couple months. it took them about a week to call me from the test.
Alright, thanks for the heads up.
CableCowboy

North Hills, CA

#6470 Feb 21, 2013
Rancho wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, thanks for the heads up.
I applied to these positions as well, just be aware they are term positions, only good for one year. Still rather be out splicing or climbing a pole than doing PremTech work though, so hopefully one of those comes through first before I start as a PT
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6471 Feb 21, 2013
CableCowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I applied to these positions as well, just be aware they are term positions, only good for one year. Still rather be out splicing or climbing a pole than doing PremTech work though, so hopefully one of those comes through first before I start as a PT
Im aware of that thanks. I did 8 years as a telecom tech in the Marine Corps and need commercial experience. Being able to get them on my resume would be great.
USMC87

Knoxville, TN

#6472 Feb 21, 2013
I had my RJP yesterday and was wondering when to expect to hear back from them again.
new tech

Long Beach, CA

#6473 Feb 21, 2013
USMC87 wrote:
I had my RJP yesterday and was wondering when to expect to hear back from them again.
It can be anywhere from a day to months. They called me after about 5 1/2 months.
UKMATT

Atlanta, GA

#6474 Feb 21, 2013
USMC87 wrote:
I had mine yesterday too in Atlanta, i was wondering the same thing.
JJKIDD

Fallbrook, CA

#6475 Feb 21, 2013
Got an email stating this:

You will be placed in a pool with other applicants who have qualified on this assessment. If you are identified as the most qualified for a future position, an AT&T Staffing Manager will be in contact with you.

at the RJP and PTA they said we would hear back from them within a day to a week. Applied in San Diego, I wonder if any of you here were there this past 20th of Feb,

Does this email mean anything? or now it's just waiting time... for x days, weeks months? Also, whats the starting wage here in southern california? I've heard 20ish

thanks.
CableCowboy

North Hills, CA

#6476 Feb 21, 2013
JJKIDD wrote:
Got an email stating this:
You will be placed in a pool with other applicants who have qualified on this assessment. If you are identified as the most qualified for a future position, an AT&T Staffing Manager will be in contact with you.
at the RJP and PTA they said we would hear back from them within a day to a week. Applied in San Diego, I wonder if any of you here were there this past 20th of Feb,
Does this email mean anything? or now it's just waiting time... for x days, weeks months? Also, whats the starting wage here in southern california? I've heard 20ish
thanks.
Starting wage for SoCal is not usually $20 unless you've got significant experience (years) in this field, and you would top out around $20 from everyone that i hear from. My starting wage will be around $15

and yes it's about 24hrs to several months when you could hear back.
San Diego Tech

San Diego, CA

#6477 Feb 22, 2013
JJKIDD I was at the same one as you. So, I guess we just sit and wait now.

To anyone else: Do you take your truck home with you each night or do you pick it up at the garage each day?
new tech

Long Beach, CA

#6478 Feb 22, 2013
You pick it up at the garage everyday. your not allowed to take your truck home.
San Diego Tech

San Diego, CA

#6479 Feb 22, 2013
Thank you

Since: Feb 13

Fallbrook, CA

#6480 Feb 22, 2013
The garage manager that interviewed me told me that they do have home dispatch in this area, but that they were waiting on it due to union contract negotiations. on the 20 starting wage, a prem tech who was hired last year in this same area told me if you got a bachelors degree you qualify for top pay starting,
San Diego Tech

San Diego, CA

#6481 Feb 23, 2013
Any San Diego Techs: Where did they send you for training?
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6482 Feb 25, 2013
Got scheduled for the OSP tech test on March 6th. Anyone else?
joe

Downey, CA

#6483 Feb 25, 2013
Rancho wrote:
Got scheduled for the OSP tech test on March 6th. Anyone else?

I got an email, that told me if i wanted to go test on march 6 to forward that email to att staffing. So i did forward it but they havent replied, did they reply to you?
UKMATT

Atlanta, GA

#6484 Feb 25, 2013
I got a call today Conditionally Offering me the job for Wire Tech, i got Physical tomorrow.
Bama08

Houston, TX

#6485 Feb 26, 2013
Congrats... I got my call a few weeks ago and the background took 2 weeks and start date of 3/8. I am waiting on a phone call to find out my starting pay.
Thanks D9

Dublin, CA

#6486 Feb 26, 2013
Congrats to D9 bargaining for getting nothing significant for Prem Techs and making sure core does less work and will make more $$$$. Great work you guys did for almost a year, and that fed mediation really worked wonders.......

Thanks for giving Prem Techs more work and still getting paid much less than service techs (and we do a lot more work than they ever did) and all other techs in the related industry that do similar work.

Oh, but I get a free pair of boots annually! That makes it all worth it! I'm sure this pos contract will be ratified, core will make that happen.

Smart moves utilizing the power of your membership to get a favorable contract....

I guess next time, right guys????
joe

Downey, CA

#6487 Feb 26, 2013
Bama08 wrote:
Congrats... I got my call a few weeks ago and the background took 2 weeks and start date of 3/8. I am waiting on a phone call to find out my starting pay.

How long did the process take you? And how many times did you have to go? To test, interview, drug testing, etc.
Im waiting to take the tmtII next week. In california
tommy cable guy

Hackensack, NJ

#6488 Feb 26, 2013
Mel wrote:
Okay,
I took and passed TMTF II this morning, any idea how long it will take before someone contacts me? How long did it take for someone to reach out to you all? What is the next steps?
I also passed the test about a week ago, now what? when should I expect a sign from ATT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 11 min neighbor 2,016
News Share your memories of JFK's assassination (Nov '08) 32 min Trumans treason 18
are women perverts 38 min yidfellas v USA 5
((>Last Post<)) (Dec '12) 4 hr Sharlene45 467
Rachelle NUGENT CCI Construction Cleaning Inc 11 hr Bodine 1
why do women/girls lie about there age 18 hr women do no wrong 1
Lisa Dallas TX 18 hr why do women or g... 7

Addison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages