JUNKY

Wayne, MI

#6448 Feb 14, 2013
CAN u work as an at&t pt if you have an OWVI on your record? Plz let me know
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6449 Feb 14, 2013
Obama what is wrong with fedex job, I know two who started with ups and are now very pleased they stayed with them, do you have advancement options, decent pay, or health care, etc that would be hard to replace? If time allows start around pig 274 (Thanksgiving) 2011, I have read this entire forum over the past year and many have high hopes and do not make a year, disillusioned many quit, some let go,in current garage 20% have more than two years, half of those (10%) have three plus years, how many do think have been hired, how many advanced in company and how many no longer with art. I do not say this to scare anyone but spend some time reading past experiences and draw your own conclusion and from my research most all Telecom or cable company employees say the same about their situation. So it is not Comcast (which just bought out GE share of NBC for 16.7 billion) or att or ?, it is about what is best for you now and in the future. Hope att offer is still there for you.
UKMATT

Stone Mountain, GA

#6450 Feb 15, 2013
Hey guys,

I have a RJP next week and I have a question. I applied for a Wire Technician II job, I can't find a lot about it online it keeps referring me to Premises Technician, are they the same job?

Thanks

Matt
CableCowboy

North Hills, CA

#6451 Feb 15, 2013
UKMATT wrote:
Hey guys,
I have a RJP next week and I have a question. I applied for a Wire Technician II job, I can't find a lot about it online it keeps referring me to Premises Technician, are they the same job?
Thanks
Matt
yep, Wire Tech is now Premises Technician
UKMATT

United States

#6452 Feb 15, 2013
When are you told what your starting wage will be? Does anyone know the starting wage for metro Atlanta? It said $9-15 in the email but $9 seems real low?

Matt
Bama08

United States

#6453 Feb 15, 2013
UKMATT wrote:
When are you told what your starting wage will be? Does anyone know the starting wage for metro Atlanta? It said $9-15 in the email but $9 seems real low?
Matt
You find out after the background check is done.
Bama08

United States

#6454 Feb 15, 2013
Milwaukee PT wrote:
Obama what is wrong with fedex job, I know two who started with ups and are now very pleased they stayed with them, do you have advancement options, decent pay, or health care, etc that would be hard to replace? If time allows start around pig 274 (Thanksgiving) 2011, I have read this entire forum over the past year and many have high hopes and do not make a year, disillusioned many quit, some let go,in current garage 20% have more than two years, half of those (10%) have three plus years, how many do think have been hired, how many advanced in company and how many no longer with art. I do not say this to scare anyone but spend some time reading past experiences and draw your own conclusion and from my research most all Telecom or cable company employees say the same about their situation. So it is not Comcast (which just bought out GE share of NBC for 16.7 billion) or att or ?, it is about what is best for you now and in the future. Hope att offer is still there for you.

Yeah I have been reading a lot. Advancement is very limited in Comcast, and with FedEx I was trying to advance and due to a realignment coming soon I would not be allowed to and didn't wanna drive a truck for the rest of my life. That job is very hard on the body and 90% who sick with it for 30 years end up with back issues or joint issues (knee and arms)
moe

Detroit, MI

#6456 Feb 17, 2013
Does anyone know how long are the temporary positions at att? For example, the OSP TECHNICIANS and Splicing technicions jobs.. Thanks
CableCowboy

North Hills, CA

#6457 Feb 17, 2013
moe wrote:
Does anyone know how long are the temporary positions at att? For example, the OSP TECHNICIANS and Splicing technicions jobs.. Thanks
If you read the entire post or details, usually it says for one year. They just rolled out a whole load of OSP and Splicing Term positions out here just to quickly expand and maintain the network, and the term is only good for a year.
junk yrd dowgs

Los Angeles, CA

#6458 Feb 17, 2013
JUNKY wrote:
CAN u work as an at&t pt if you have an OWVI on your record? Plz let me know
is that like driving under inflence ....driving company truck risky driver company pay more insurance ....slim chances
alexa

Mcdonough, GA

#6459 Feb 19, 2013
UKMATT wrote:
Matt
my bf been working there a year. when they say 9-15 its based on what kind of experiance you have. and he had none really and they started him at 13$ so dont worry.
alexa

Mcdonough, GA

#6460 Feb 19, 2013
and he also is in atl
Lou Colmo

Saint Louis, MO

#6461 Feb 19, 2013
How strict are they on the 275 lbs weight limit. I'm about 20 over t 6'4" and have my RJP March 1st
I've seen many ATT tech's that make me look skinny
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6462 Feb 19, 2013
From April 2012, page 298
PT Sacramento wrote:
They say 275, the expectation is carrying up to 25lbs of tools on the ladder. If you're that big, theyll order you the "fat ladders", which support up to 325lbs.
Basically, you won't use ladders 90% of the time, but for that last 10%, you'll want to be as light as possible, because the fat ladder is even heavier and more unwieldy than the regular one. With all the requirements to bend over, crouch for extended periods, wiggle around furniture, etc, I can't see anyone over 250 being happy with the job. I'm right at 200, and trying to drop another 10-20 if I can.
I
I would agree, I started training around 235lbs, now down to 195, their are bigger techs doing this job but many times lighter is better, they may hire for training, do all you can... walk, bike, run, eat health before training focus on leg strength and stamina. Long days and evenings on your feet, typical day is 10% garage start and end of shift, 15% driving, 15% outside, 60% in peoples homes. Breaks and lunch not set, take them when you can during the workday.
Lou Colmo

Saint Louis, MO

#6463 Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the replies, I currently an doing Telcom work in customer homes and businesses installing PBX's and low voltage and coax cabling (lots of ladder work)for a small company here in St.Louis (7 years) so i'm used to the pace,Hopefully my experiance will get me a higher pay grade Talked to alot of PT's here and they said things have changed dramaticly in the last year, No more 60-80 hr weeks, 40-50 is the norm,. I'm assuming I am in Dist.6, Some of the tech's I've talked to mentioned a new contract with the PT's going to be part of the core contract, Can anyone elaborate
Milwaukee PT

Waukesha, WI

#6464 Feb 20, 2013
You are in district 6, vote on new contract is next week, for details of contract visit cwa d6 website. Your experience should bring top training offer at 36 months level of $668.50 (about 16.70/hr) with new contract would go up in May, plus auto pay raises every six months to Max would take two years. Highlights I observed:
1) additional duties on outside plant brings .60 pay raise ($24/week)
2) new hires after Jan 1 2013 will pay almost twice as much for health care benefits compared to current employees
3) surplused core workers can displace less senior Prem techs
4) mandated weekly overtime dropped from 20 to 17 hrs per week (no more forced 10 hr. 5 day week but can still be expected to work at least 10 hrs with advance notice)
5) Sunday (first 8 is 1.5 OT) hours will now count towards 40 hour.( prev paid OT for Sunday , plus work 40 mores before acquiring more OT, now if work Sunday just need 32 more hours before eligible for OT).
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6465 Feb 20, 2013
When are they starting the hiring for OSP/Splicing in Riverside, CA? I havent heard anything yet.
new tech

Lancaster, CA

#6466 Feb 20, 2013
Rancho wrote:
When are they starting the hiring for OSP/Splicing in Riverside, CA? I havent heard anything yet.
They are hiring for that position right now. go to the website right now.
Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6467 Feb 20, 2013
new tech wrote:
<quoted text>
They are hiring for that position right now. go to the website right now.
How long do they usually take to schedule testing/interviews? I applied when they were first posted at the beginning of Feb?
new tech

Lancaster, CA

#6468 Feb 20, 2013
Rancho wrote:
<quoted text>
How long do they usually take to schedule testing/interviews? I applied when they were first posted at the beginning of Feb?
it could be any where from a week to a couple months. it took them about a week to call me from the test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Check Out Your Contractors! 49 min WishIdknown 53
man 2 hr check 2
Stephen Kahler, MD (plastic surgeon) 2 hr southbronx 2
Ebola patient moved to Dallas to marry mother o... 7 hr streetrunner 63
ebola - build a wall around texas !!!!!!!!!!!!!... 8 hr squeezers 6
Man's Halloween decor inspired by Ebola 15 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 15
We Need to Secure Our Borders from Illness and ... 19 hr They cannot kill ... 6

Addison News Video

Addison Dating
Find my Match