Wedding Facility Under Investigation ...

Wedding Facility Under Investigation After Complaints

There are 29 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Aug 21, 2008, titled Wedding Facility Under Investigation After Complaints. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

The City of Addison met late Thursday afternoon to discuss the complaints piling up about a wedding facility in Addison, NBC 5 reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
christy

Plano, TX

#21 Aug 27, 2008
FYI... Those who have been scammed by Djuna REALLY need to get to the Addison Police Department. Take any and all of your correspondence, contracts, or info with you. The only way to stop this woman from wrecking other people lives is to prosecute her. She has done this before and who knows where she will strike again.
mirsav31

United States

#22 Sep 2, 2008
Hey everyone!! I just had my wedding there on 8/30 Sat and it turned out GREAT!!!! The new management came thru and the place looked AWESOME!!! I was a little worried ever since i heard the news but I had faith and everything went smooth! Victor the new Chef did a great job with the food ,I got sooo many compliments on him and Carolina made the night run smoothly for me, she also helped me out with some tables that were missing centerpieces!!!!!!(btw dont do business with extravagant bouqets Roshonda,that was an awful experience)Suzan and Henry the new management were also VERY helpful and they explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable after ALL the damaged D'juna and James left behind..awful people. All around it was a GREAT night and everything turned out to be ok...my wedding was VERY BEAUTIFUL!!!! THANK YOU Henry, Suzan ,Carolina,Victor & all the waitstaff!!!! You guys came thru and me and my husband really do appreciate it!Thanks!!:-0

P.S. My date was also double booked on 8/30 and I was worried that the wedding before mine wouldnt be done before my time at 6p but again this guys came thru ,moved tables and around and made it happen for me!!!! Give the Addison Event Center a second chance ,this is a beautiful place and we shouldnt let what D'juna and James did ruin it, I had an AMAZING time!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
WWHD

Dallas, TX

#23 Sep 2, 2008
christy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry.. I should of corrected that it was 1500. Which is still alot of $$$ for a young couple that is paying out of their own pocket.
I would have spent the 1500. on eloping to a nice getaway, then have a nice little party with family and friends, along with some of the traditional stuff and family pics.
Tasha Lynch

New York, NY

#24 Sep 3, 2008
To all the brides who have had to go through this terrible situation I'm so sorry. This is every brides worst nightmare. I recently got married at the addison event center in late July. I had absolutely no knowledge of what was going on until today. The people running it seemed nice. That's why I was so shocked to find out what has taken place. Thank goodness the new management took care of everything for me. All of my money was stolen. Everything we'd invested was gone. I paid the last of my money two weeks prior to my date summing close to $5000 bring my total to $7,000. I would have been devisated if I lost that money. New management contacted me today so that I could pick up my cake topper that I left behind and never once asked my anthing about a payment.I feel bad for them. They seem like really nice people we feel victim to those criminal just like we did! If it weren't for them my wedding would have been a disaster, but everything turned out beautiful. It's a great facility for a great price. I would still recommend the center with the new management. They save my day and I'm so grateful. I hope that criminal charges are brought againt both her and her husband. I will do whatever I can to help.
WWHD

Dallas, TX

#25 Sep 3, 2008
Tasha Lynch wrote:
To all the brides who have had to go through this terrible situation I'm so sorry. This is every brides worst nightmare. I recently got married at the addison event center in late July. I had absolutely no knowledge of what was going on until today. The people running it seemed nice. That's why I was so shocked to find out what has taken place. Thank goodness the new management took care of everything for me. All of my money was stolen. Everything we'd invested was gone. I paid the last of my money two weeks prior to my date summing close to $5000 bring my total to $7,000. I would have been devisated if I lost that money. New management contacted me today so that I could pick up my cake topper that I left behind and never once asked my anthing about a payment.I feel bad for them. They seem like really nice people we feel victim to those criminal just like we did! If it weren't for them my wedding would have been a disaster, but everything turned out beautiful. It's a great facility for a great price. I would still recommend the center with the new management. They save my day and I'm so grateful. I hope that criminal charges are brought againt both her and her husband. I will do whatever I can to help.
7,000. That is a lot of money, especially during these hard times. I could buy a car with that. Glad your situation worked out.
Jean

Dallas, TX

#26 Sep 5, 2008
My daughter had her reception at the Addison Event Center on August 23rd and everything went on beautifully. The new management was available for all of my deliveries and made me very comfortable that when we arrived everything would be set. Henry and Susan were at the number most times when I called and returned my calls when I had to leave a message. I met with them several times before the wedding. The center is beautiful weddings and doesn't look like a meeting room but an actual banquet hall.
Davis-Black

Plano, TX

#27 Sep 6, 2008
Wedding date: August 29, 2008
Listen up everyone......Lets all think back to a time in our lives when we have been cheated or deceipted by someone. This is what has happened to Suzan and Henry. Sometimes situations are out of our control and obviously Suzan and Henry had no control of what has taken place...all they can do is continue to repair damage done. My husband and I got married here on Aug 29, 2008 and IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! More than I ever expected. Suzan and Henry were VERY professional along with their staff...I could not find one flaw....keep in mind that I am VERY particular and picky! In the beginning, I did deal with D'Juna...paid my deposit to D'Juna by check, therefore there was no issue with questioning if I had paid or not. Common sense tells you to pay by check or money order when dealing with this amount of money so that the payment is traceable. When I had not heard back from D'Juna....I called and Suzan answered the phone. She was very pleasant and we were able to meet and go over everything. EVERYTHING D'Juna placed in the contract, Suzan honored. Even after seeing the news special with the "upset" bride, I still was very confident in Suzan and Henry. I truly feel that everyone should wipe the slate clean and give Addison Event Center another chance....as I have done so. Feel free to contact me personally if you have doubts or questions. [email protected]
Davis-Black

Plano, TX

#28 Sep 6, 2008
My wedding was Aug 29, 2008 and everything went great. I say give them a chance...I was the "crash test dummy" and all went well:) If I had to go back to change anything, theres nothing that I would have changed. Feel free to email me if you have any ?'s. [email protected]
Christy wrote:
My daughter's wedding is Sept 13 at the Addison Event Center. We are meeting with the new management tomorrow afternoon. They seem like nice/honest people, but we also thought that the other person was nice/honest. Do not know what to do or what will happen. The person that has caused all of the problems is supposedly gone. She DOES need to be prosecuted. So who does that ? How can she sleep at night. Any one have any advice on whether to dump them or not ?? The deposit which has supposedly be stolen is $2500.00. That is alot of $$ and 3 weeks to find another site and contact 150 plus attending....HELP !!!!!!!!!
nesha

Dallas, TX

#30 Sep 9, 2008
we recently got married at the addison event center august 30. we at first were dealing with djuna case and her husband and they scammed us for a deposit as well. we did not realize it until talking with SUSAN AND HENRY who are now running the place and did a great job with our wedding. the people that were running it before were very dishonest people and they also took advantage of susan and henry. they did everything to make our day special and every thing was beautiful. i am a pick person so if i had no complaints..that is saying a lot. may guests were happy and enjoyed the day as well. i could not have asked for a better place to have my wedding or better people to work with. SUSAN AND HENRY will take care of you and make sure everything is in place so that you are the happiest you can be on your big day....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas-County 15 mins ago 6:27 p.m.At least 2 a... 3 hr 25or6to4 1
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 6 hr Inquisitor 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr Part McShartz 1,052
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 21 hr asdf 9,664
Clinton Fri WarForOil 3
Poll Do you listen to 97.1 the eagle (Feb '08) Thu Anon 6
Review: Alden Short Inc (Dec '10) Thu Nanana2017 74

Addison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages