Wedding Facility Under Investigation After Complaints

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

The City of Addison met late Thursday afternoon to discuss the complaints piling up about a wedding facility in Addison, NBC 5 reported.
Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jane

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I have an event scheduled there and now I am worried. THey are hard to get a hold of.
Christy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

My daughter's wedding is Sept 13 at the Addison Event Center. We are meeting with the new management tomorrow afternoon. They seem like nice/honest people, but we also thought that the other person was nice/honest. Do not know what to do or what will happen. The person that has caused all of the problems is supposedly gone. She DOES need to be prosecuted. So who does that ? How can she sleep at night. Any one have any advice on whether to dump them or not ?? The deposit which has supposedly be stolen is $2500.00. That is alot of $$ and 3 weeks to find another site and contact 150 plus attending....HELP !!!!!!!!!
Christy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Jane wrote:
I have an event scheduled there and now I am worried. THey are hard to get a hold of.
Jane.. when is your event? And have you spoken to the new Mgmt??
Cindy

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I had my wedding on July 6th at the Addison Event Center. I consider myself one of the "lucky" ones because they didn't just steal my money, and lock me out, but it took A LOT of following-up. I had to show up and surprise them in order to get in touch with them. It was just too late by the time I found out about their unreliability to change the venue. I did hear from another lady who couldn't get in touch with them until the week of her daughter's Quincinera, and then found out they had double-booked her date, and she was scrambling 3 days before the date to find another place.

The staff is unprofessional, and I doubt that the bartender was licensed. I don't regret that I had my wedding there, because I want to cherish that day still; but I do wish I could've had the wedding that I had always dreamed about... and it definitely didn't turn out that way.

If you go with Addison Event Center, be prepared to told a lot of empty promises.
Cindy

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I doubt there really is new management. I think the husband is trying to get away with saying that there is new management to cover up for his wife, who is apparently out of the picture. She's the one I drew up the contract with, but I didn't see her after that, and I started dealing with the husband.
joe bob briggs

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

If they wouldn't book all those same sex lesbian weddings, they wouldn't have so many complaints
Christy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

The people that are supposedly running it now have another place in Addison which I could not find any info on. I wish we would of met the husband when we met with the lady I will call J so we could know if they are trying to pull one over on us. It is a sad day when you can trust no one. They have double booked our date also and it leaves us about an hour or less to get the venue ready. Near to impossible !! I can't make the final decision. It is up to the bride and groom, but this all makes me VERY nervous. At least we have 3 weeks and not 3 days.
TLC in Texas

Mansfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

joe bob briggs wrote:
If they wouldn't book all those same sex lesbian weddings, they wouldn't have so many complaints
Hey Joe Bob.... this isn't California hon - who says they were booking same sex marriages??? ROFLMAO!!!!
BHH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

"NBC 5 found countless similar complaints online and the company has had an unsatisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau."

Sadly that is what the consumer needs to look into before handing their money over because there are too many people looking for the easy dollar ready to take everyone and anyone's money and give nothing in return.
WWHD

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

TLC in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Joe Bob.... this isn't California hon - who says they were booking same sex marriages??? ROFLMAO!!!!
JBB, I sure miss your Observer column...those were the days...
STARGAZER

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Get with a local recreation center and ask about renting their "halls" they are very reasonable, youc anset them up as you see fit and everything works well.....get married outside in a backyard, or at one of the lakes, use your brains and improvise..it doesn't have to be a sad thing...necessity is the mother of invention after all....
nissa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

She needs to sue the previous owners to get her money back. What a mess for them on such an important occasion.
christy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

nissa wrote:
She needs to sue the previous owners to get her money back. What a mess for them on such an important occasion.
That will definitely happen and I hope that all who have been wronged by this woman do the same.
According to the BBB this is not her 1st time to be dishonest. We will let the Justice System take care of her. It may take a long time, but she needs to be punished.
JaneDoe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

The man is not the husband of the woman who did all of this. I'm booked there too and have talked to the people who are there now. There are still going to be double bookings though from the previous coordinator. It could be a great place if they can pull it out of the ground.
anonymous

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

They are definitely under new managements and honoring all brides' contracts. They are conducting meetings with them and making sure their weddings turn out exactly as planned. Call them if you have questions.
Jane

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

I have spoken with the new management company and they are extremely nice and are still going to accomodate my wedding that is in February 2009. I highly recommend you re-air your story about the new management. Dont let James and DJuno case ruin another event facility. It a great place. They are honoring all contracts that were put in place....but brides need to call bc Djuno has taken all the info and calendars with her.
christy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Jane wrote:
I have spoken with the new management company and they are extremely nice and are still going to accomodate my wedding that is in February 2009. I highly recommend you re-air your story about the new management. Dont let James and DJuno case ruin another event facility. It a great place. They are honoring all contracts that were put in place....but brides need to call bc Djuno has taken all the info and calendars with her.
You are fortunate yours is so far out. They cannot do my daughters wedding as the center is double booked. They are wanting to do it, but admitted today the timeframe made it really questionable. They were nice at first, but today he spoke so loud and rude on the phone to her that I could hear every word and it was not kind at all...they nearly brought her to tears. It is not her fault that the previous managers ripped everyone off and she like all Brides want their wedding day to be a cherished memory. We have 2/12 weeks and are going elsewhere. It is alot of work, but well worth every penny. Think twice before you book with someone that seems to have no experience, patience, and changes their story to suit them at the time. Be VERY careful..
Waste Of Sperm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I have been to a wedding at one of these so-called "wedding chapels". It was a joke. They couldn't find the champaigne, there were gnats in the punch and flies. This was all INSIDE the building. Two trucks were broken into with resulting losses above $3000. The couple had paid over $1500. I know that ain't much but, hell, the Burger King parking lot and a sack lunch would have been better.
P.S.- I was only there 'cause my wife made me go. It was a friend of hers getting married. I never liked the gal. She was ugly with red stringy hair, about half a mouth of teeth, flat chested, almost as smart as a rock(on a really good day). Actually, I had a good time and enjoyed pointing out the flies and gnats in the punch.
JaneDoe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

You paid a $2500 deposit?? the room rental doesnt even cost that much. Did you write your check out to the Cases???
christy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

JaneDoe wrote:
You paid a $2500 deposit?? the room rental doesnt even cost that much. Did you write your check out to the Cases???
sorry.. I should of corrected that it was 1500. Which is still alot of $$$ for a young couple that is paying out of their own pocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 55 min Gasman 22,252
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 17,833
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) Mon Milwaukee PT 7,869
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Mon Gasman 618
Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dalla... Mon Larry Grover 6
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Mon Gasman 512
Day Trips Mon Larry Driscoll 8

Search the Addison Forum:
•••

Addison News Video

•••
•••

Addison Jobs

•••