Toddler Abused with Thumbtacks

Toddler Abused with Thumbtacks

There are 8 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Toddler Abused with Thumbtacks. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Just looking into Brandon Medlock Jr.'s face would probably bring a smile to yours which makes it even harder to understand how anyone could abuse him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Janet

Gainesville, FL

#2 Sep 12, 2007
In this day and age, I don't think anyone should trust the daycares! Either their leaving them sitting in a hot van for hours on end, dropping them off at the wrong place or physically and mentally abusing them. I'd rather quit my job then put my child through any of that! What IS this world coming to these days? I'm just disgusted by it.
ugh

Addison, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2007
someone should do "stick stick" to Erica
UnKnown

Portland, TN

#5 Sep 14, 2007
Not all daycare do this to children. There are alot out there that take excellant care of children. Everyone is just focusing on the negative junk and not the positive. Look hard into your childs or childrens daycare and you will find great people out there caring for young children. Smile the children are the future of our lives.
nobody important

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Sep 17, 2007
UnKnown wrote:
Not all daycare do this to children. There are alot out there that take excellant care of children. Everyone is just focusing on the negative junk and not the positive. Look hard into your childs or childrens daycare and you will find great people out there caring for young children. Smile the children are the future of our lives.
Not if they keep killing each other off and commiting all these crimes they wont be the future of anything...except what mail they will recieve next in prison!
KEUNDRA

Plano, TX

#8 Sep 21, 2007
I PERSONALLY KNOW KATRINA BECAUSE I USED TO WORK WITH HER AND I BECAME OUTRAGED AT WHAT I THOUGHT HAT HAPPEND TO HER SON. IF YOU DON'T LIKE OR HAVE PATIENCE FOR KIDS THEN WHY WOULD YOU BE WORKING AT A DAYCARE CENTER PERIOD? IT DOSEN'T MAKE SENSE. PEOPLE NEED TO DO IN DEPTH CHECKS ON THESE PEOPLE BEFORE THEY HIRED THEM. IT'S LIKE YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR KIDS WITH ANYONE THESE DAYS FOR FEAR OF SOMETHIGN HAPPENING TO THEM.
Disappointed Parent

Lewisville, TX

#9 Sep 21, 2007
The family and witness will be on Geraldo At Large with FOXNews, this weekened 7pm ct and 8pm est.
KinderCare Parent

Fresno, CA

#10 Sep 21, 2007
Most of you have never worked with children or have been in a center. Most centers are run by well knowledged people who hire employees with child development back grounds. I would look at the guidelines set forth by your state. I know in the State of California, you need atleast 12 child development units to even be left alone with children. KinderCare has almost 2000 centers in the US and serves thousands of children daily. I think the parents should have seen the marks on the back of their child and reported it to the director or administrators. When I notice something on my child, I ask questions.
I am not siding with the teacher at all. What she did was very wrong and she should be in jail for what she did to him and other children, but you can't go and say all childcare centers are bad. Childcare centers are not going away, we as parents need to make sure we are there to protect are children and stay involved in their educational lives.
Some people who replied to this article I can tell are not very educated and should really get out there and see what is happening. There are mainly not working parents who have subsidized childcare and sit at home and watch TV all day while their child is in childcare for 10 to 12 hours a day. There is a problem.
Make sure as a parent you research centers in your area. Do not go to the first center that has an opening and enroll your child for the next day. Talk to other parents, observe the classrooms at different time of the day and be involved.
LAC

Chandler, AZ

#11 Sep 23, 2007
You conveniently forgot the part of the story where state licensing conducted an investigation and could find no evidence of abuse (i don't consider that a "confirmed violation"). How do we know this former assistant teacher didn't just have a grudge? And even if she did witness abuse, why did she not call the corporate office anynomyous reporting number that is posted several places in each center if she felt center management wasn't sufficiently addressing the problem? And by the way, it is alleged abuse. Your headline is libelious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 15 min DoomedOPT 8,390
News Appeals Court Hands East Village Sam's Club Opp... 56 min Tex 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Farts 940
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 13 hr Whiny1 1,274
Nibiru.is coming 14 hr dogmatv 1
Water Turned Blood Red in Canada! 15 hr SSDC 2
News Rick Perry launches 2016 presidential campaign Jun '15 Le Jimbo 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages