David L. Wood's path from El Paso to Death Row

Full story: El Paso Times

Jan. 15, 1987 -- Wood is paroled after serving about seven years of a 20-year sentence for sexually assaulting two teenage girls in Northeast El Paso.
Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MYINPUT

El Paso, TX

#21 Aug 19, 2009
David Wood lived with my husband and his brother. And were all good friends, but never saw 'that side' of David. They did, however see him with a few of the girls that went missing. They say he never seemed 'mentally retarted', but was seemed smart, and was a very smooth talker. all we can do now, is pray, and may God have mercy on him.
JackIsBack

Calgary, Canada

#22 Aug 19, 2009
You guys should be embarrassed ... not because Wood's may be innocent or not... but because of how you handled yourselves in a debate and how you turned a debate into a personal attack (on Dee).

I just think... maybe before they put someone to death for a crime... that they must make sure there is absolutely no doubt about his guilt. I have no knowledge about this case, but I do know there have been people on death row that are innocent and that there are currently innocent people on death row and that innocent people have been executed by the state.

The funny thing is... statistics show that innocent people often receive larger sentences... because they don't plea and because they don't show remorse.

Don't be so quick to execute Dee.... but I guess that's just in your nature.
Country Club

Santa Fe, NM

#23 Aug 20, 2009
I read Dee's articles and it looks like the only one she talked to was Wood. She also said that there have been more murders since Wood was jailed and that there are many young women buried in the El Paso desert. Who are they? And why haven't these many young women been reported missing in the last 20 years?

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#24 Aug 20, 2009
JackIsBack wrote:
You guys should be embarrassed ... not because Wood's may be innocent or not... but because of how you handled yourselves in a debate and how you turned a debate into a personal attack (on Dee).
I just think... maybe before they put someone to death for a crime... that they must make sure there is absolutely no doubt about his guilt. I have no knowledge about this case, but I do know there have been people on death row that are innocent and that there are currently innocent people on death row and that innocent people have been executed by the state.
The funny thing is... statistics show that innocent people often receive larger sentences... because they don't plea and because they don't show remorse.
Don't be so quick to execute Dee.... but I guess that's just in your nature.
Quit covering for her, Jack. Dee is the Key to this whole sorry case. She claims to know it all. She is the one who brought up all of these other poor women, buried in the El Paso desert. Or, perhaps, she may have abducted and killed them here, smuggled them into Juarez, and then buried them there to hide her life of crime and journalism (but wait, I repeat myself...)?

Mark my words, El Paso! Dee is the Key!
Get the scoop!
Check her background!
Find out if she has ever owned a shovel!

This could break everythhing wide open! Dee may be the entire drug cartel war in one compact, journalistically challenged package.
Contorsia Von Schtupp

El Paso, TX

#25 Aug 21, 2009
Bikerknight wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit covering for her, Jack. Dee is the Key to this whole sorry case. She claims to know it all. She is the one who brought up all of these other poor women, buried in the El Paso desert. Or, perhaps, she may have abducted and killed them here, smuggled them into Juarez, and then buried them there to hide her life of crime and journalism (but wait, I repeat myself...)?
Mark my words, El Paso! Dee is the Key!
Get the scoop!
Check her background!
Find out if she has ever owned a shovel!
This could break everythhing wide open! Dee may be the entire drug cartel war in one compact, journalistically challenged package.
I agree! Dee has a shovel!! She knows where the bodies are buried and the names that haven't been checked off. She probably helped ol Davey bury the bodies all in the name of ridding the city of wanton loose women.

Dee is the KEY BABY!!
No man is an island

El Paso, TX

#26 Aug 21, 2009
How is it that some people feel justified in portraying women as stupid? Brawn over brains.
Suspicious

El Paso, TX

#27 Aug 21, 2009
Bikerknight wrote:
<quoted text>

And yes, I do know some things; just not about this case.
So what things do you know, BikerKnight?
Leo Wood the sleep-overs

Zanesfield, OH

#28 Aug 22, 2009
Leo Wood the father of David Wood, guided and directed a DIRECTIVE of/to the "girls'that would spend the night - "sleep-over". This coached "Game" was for the girl's to dress down, to there under garment's. This was an activity that was a before bed time activity, this "Panty-Party-Dancing " was also acted out with, and to include his daughter " Denise" necknamed " POO-SOO ".
And this the " Underware Dancing Game " was also done, and this " Show" did too also include in it, being the/this act of " Playing About " with girls of young minor aged { 10- 11 years old } these girls being "neighbor's", as these girls were living on the same street, being 5800 Block of Dolphin Dr.
Liveing within a few house's of The Woods Home on 5800 Block of Dolphin Dr.
Innocent Minds

El Paso, TX

#29 Aug 22, 2009
Leo Wood the sleep-overs wrote:
Leo Wood the father of David Wood, guided and directed a DIRECTIVE of/to the "girls'that would spend the night - "sleep-over". This coached "Game" was for the girl's to dress down, to there under garment's. This was an activity that was a before bed time activity, this "Panty-Party-Dancing " was also acted out with, and to include his daughter " Denise" necknamed " POO-SOO ".
And this the " Underware Dancing Game " was also done, and this " Show" did too also include in it, being the/this act of " Playing About " with girls of young minor aged { 10- 11 years old } these girls being "neighbor's", as these girls were living on the same street, being 5800 Block of Dolphin Dr.
Liveing within a few house's of The Woods Home on 5800 Block of Dolphin Dr.
Did you know the 60s and 70s were a bit more innocent time that many little kids would run around naked around the yard and most people didn't see anything wrong with it because they were just babies and have not developed yet.

It wasn't until the mid 80s everyone became so paranoid that the whole world was a child molestor and out to get them.

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#30 Aug 24, 2009
Suspicious wrote:
<quoted text>
So what things do you know, BikerKnight?
I know you keep changing your alias and don't provide a picture. So if someone is trying to hide anything, it would be hard to conclude that I am the one doing the hiding. You are a chump, Dee.
Everyone, say it with me: "Dee is the Key! Dee is the Key!..."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 54 min That Fart Guy 17,888
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 58 min That Fart Guy 22,306
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 770
Weatherford woman in critical condition after a... 1 hr Pucking Figs 3
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Fri Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Fri That Fart Guy 722
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) Fri PT Cruiser 7,873
•••

Addison News Video

•••
•••

Addison Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Addison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Addison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Addison
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••