David L. Wood's path from El Paso to ...

David L. Wood's path from El Paso to Death Row

There are 30 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 8, 2009, titled David L. Wood's path from El Paso to Death Row. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Jan. 15, 1987 -- Wood is paroled after serving about seven years of a 20-year sentence for sexually assaulting two teenage girls in Northeast El Paso.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whatever

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 9, 2009
Eff this loser...put him down him already. Wasting our oxygen by still being alive.
Dee

AOL

#2 Aug 10, 2009
They had no real evedence on Wood. I think because he had committed similar crimes, they assumed it could be him. If they execute Wood, and he is actually innocent of these crimes, then the real murderer gets away.
Contorsia Von Schtupp

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 10, 2009
Hey Dee, if the "Real killer" hasn't been caught yet then how come the crimes didn't continue? Guess the "Real Killer" went into hiding right? Attack of conscience since an "Innocent Man" is on Death Row?

Reminds me the Shawshank Redemption how EVERYONE in prison is innocent. Gee, I know the Justice System is flawed but isn't that pushing it just a tad??
Dee

AOL

#4 Aug 10, 2009
Actually there were other similar crimes committed while Wood was in prison
Contorsia Von Schtupp

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 10, 2009
Dee wrote:
Actually there were other similar crimes committed while Wood was in prison
Whatever, "Dee" the State of Texas is still going to put your best friend Davey Wood to sleep like the effing dog he is.

Boo effing Hoo. He did it. Among the victims was one of my good friends, try living with the knowledge that our dreams we shared together were shattered because of that effhead David Wood. Oh but who really cares right? Prostitutes and whatnot are dregs, who cares right "Dee"?

May God have mercy on your soul, Dee.
Petro

United States

#6 Aug 10, 2009
Illigal immirgaration, something has to been done. when is the killing going to stop. Build the wall.
juswondering

Bozeman, MT

#7 Aug 14, 2009
What a concept only a fool would go along with, lets kill someone who has killed someone to show others killing is bad. Hell yea, I get it.

I wnat you blood thirsty fools who seek vengence to tell me that killing this man or any other on death row is going to bring the victims back?

You answer that one along with the concept of a virgin having a child and I'll consider going along with your ill fated logic.....NOT!!!!
Contorsia Von Schtupp

El Paso, TX

#8 Aug 14, 2009
juswondering wrote:
What a concept only a fool would go along with, lets kill someone who has killed someone to show others killing is bad. Hell yea, I get it.
I wnat you blood thirsty fools who seek vengence to tell me that killing this man or any other on death row is going to bring the victims back?
You answer that one along with the concept of a virgin having a child and I'll consider going along with your ill fated logic.....NOT!!!!
Obviously you've never lost a loved one to a murderer.
Dee

AOL

#9 Aug 14, 2009
I have lost a loved one due to a violent crime. I am sorry for your loss, however I do feel Wood is innocent. There have been many young girls murdered and buried around el paso and Mexico. I believe they are all from one crime. Wood was already in prison when others were committed. May God have mercy on the executioners soul

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#10 Aug 14, 2009
Dee wrote:
I have lost a loved one due to a violent crime. I am sorry for your loss, however I do feel Wood is innocent. There have been many young girls murdered and buried around el paso and Mexico. I believe they are all from one crime. Wood was already in prison when others were committed. May God have mercy on the executioners soul
Dee,
Really, you believe that all of the unsolved murders of women and girls in Juarez and all those around El Paso must have been committed by the same killer? What evidence do you have to support this idea? Does this mean that anytime someone is taken into custody he/she must be released the instant another crime is committed because that alone proves his/her innocence?

If you do not support the death penalty, that is fine. But your unhappiness with the notion of execution does not convince me that the jury who heard the arguments and saw the evidence (whatever of it there was), and the appellate courts that were required to review the trial transcript looking for reversible errors were all wrong.

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#11 Aug 14, 2009
Dee wrote:
They had no real evedence on Wood. I think because he had committed similar crimes, they assumed it could be him. If they execute Wood, and he is actually innocent of these crimes, then the real murderer gets away.
Falso logic. If they commute his death sentence, then he reains in prison until he dies. Either way, if he is innocent, as you so stubbornly claim, the actual murderer goes free. The reason for this is that the case is closed and not up for review.
Your argument that he is innocent seems to be purely a knee-jerk on your part; your way of washing your own hands of the sentence that will soon be carried out. Is it possible that you have something you need to tell the police?

Did YOU kill some or all of these girls?
Tell us now and save his life, or forever hold your peace.
Dee

AOL

#12 Aug 15, 2009
I am not even from Texas. I did an interview with david. Read all his paper work, and saw how he was what I would call "railroaded".

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#13 Aug 18, 2009
Dee wrote:
I am not even from Texas. I did an interview with david. Read all his paper work, and saw how he was what I would call "railroaded".
How surprising that he didn't hand you proof that he did what he was convicted of, which conviction was upheld by mandatory review, while he was giving you his "woe is me, edition 3006" interview. He was not even tried here in El Paso, so the old "couldn't get a fair trial in this town" complaint doesn't fly.
Jeff

Walloon, Australia

#14 Aug 19, 2009
So where is all the compelling DNA evidence?
Country Club

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Aug 19, 2009
Dee wrote:
I have lost a loved one due to a violent crime. I am sorry for your loss, however I do feel Wood is innocent. There have been many young girls murdered and buried around el paso and Mexico. I believe they are all from one crime. Wood was already in prison when others were committed. May God have mercy on the executioners soul
Since you aren't from Texas, or El Paso for that matter, you wouldn't know that the girls killed in Mexico have nothing to do with the girls Wood murdered 20 years ago.

Please tell us though about the many other young girls you said are buried around El Paso.
Dee

AOL

#16 Aug 19, 2009
You ask the question with suspicion in your mind. A sign of tunnel vision. Don't mix my words up, nor try to trow suspicion on me the way they railroaded David. Maybe some day the truth will prevail like it usually does. I am unsubscribing to this thread, so find someone else to "bully"

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#17 Aug 19, 2009
Dee wrote:
You ask the question with suspicion in your mind. A sign of tunnel vision. Don't mix my words up, nor try to trow suspicion on me the way they railroaded David. Maybe some day the truth will prevail like it usually does. I am unsubscribing to this thread, so find someone else to "bully"
C'mon Dee, you already implied you had knowledge of these other killings. Have some compassion for the families, come clean and tell how you helped frame David. Then he can go free and you can take his place.
Contorsia Von Schtupp

El Paso, TX

#18 Aug 19, 2009
Bikerknight wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Dee, you already implied you had knowledge of these other killings. Have some compassion for the families, come clean and tell how you helped frame David. Then he can go free and you can take his place.
Dee is not about to give any proof. More than likely she has a huge thing for that neanderthal and probably reasons that "Well those women are dead but we have a chance to save a life" Regardless of how worthless that life is and what scum he is.

May God have mercy on YOUR soul, Dee and may He show you leniency for being such an idiot and taking up this monster's cause.

He did it, plain and simple. I remember him from back in my day always hanging around my Junior High. Oh but it's probably because he's mentally retarded. Whatever.

What a bunch of bullocks you spew, Dee.
Suspicious

El Paso, TX

#19 Aug 19, 2009
that BikerNight keeps on pointing fingers at everyone, and seems like he can't wait for Wood to executed so the truth of what he might know is buried with him. One possiblility: Bikernight knows something.

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#20 Aug 19, 2009
Suspicious wrote:
that BikerNight keeps on pointing fingers at everyone, and seems like he can't wait for Wood to executed so the truth of what he might know is buried with him. One possiblility: Bikernight knows something.
Actually, Dee keeps implicating herself. I just call 'em like I see 'em.
And yes, I do know some things; just not about this case.
It is, of course, "suspicous" everytime people log on to post comments with specially prepared login names. Makes you wonder what they have to hide besides their identities...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 15 hr Doug77 1,005
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 16 hr Doug77 1,287
Continental Parts Reunion 3pm Sunday Tue Shely French 7
News Blue Bell Is Overrated, Dallas, So Eat These Fi... Mon dedeindallas 3
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) Mon Ehrgeiz21 8,490
News Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing ... Mon Go Blue Forever 1
News Rick Perry launches 2016 presidential campaign Jun '15 Le Jimbo 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages