Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74341 Oct 11, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
So, I was in a hurry to get Ry to school this morning and I'm the first to admit that I'm not good at pulling up to curbs (I'm always afraid of being too far out and I was driving my husband's car today). The curbs are very jagged around the school and I am now sitting here waiting for Triple A to come change my tire. It took all if 30 seconds for the tire to deflate after I hit the curb - the hole is that big. I'll post pics of the curb on FB later.
I used to change tires myself, but I don't think I can anymore since they use the power tools to tighten the lugnuts. May as well get something out of this AAA membership.
Aw, what a pain.
:(

At least you have Words With Friends to keep you occupied while you wait.:)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Bronx, NY

#74342 Oct 11, 2012
Women drivers....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74343 Oct 11, 2012
Aw, snap. My friends baby is about to be born. Cool birthdate - 10-11-12.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74344 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
That IS a cool birthdate!\So easy even for the rest of us to remember.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74345 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
That is cool. I noticed the date when I signed in at the doctor's office this morning.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74346 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS a cool birthdate!\So easy even for the rest of us to remember.
My mom's was 10-11-12 last century.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74347 Oct 11, 2012
I think that makes the kiddo exactly one month early. Water broke two weeks ago tomorrow, but A wasn't in labor. I always thought they deliver within 24-48 hours of the water breaking, but I guess as long as there's no sign of infection, you're good to go. So A's just been chilling in the hospital for the last 13 days. Must have shown some sign of infection, because they're taking her quickly. The other day, the baby was estimated to be around 5 lbs, 8 oz. And of course, they gave her 'roids to help develop the baby's lungs.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74348 Oct 11, 2012
And my SIL had her laproscopic surgery this morning. Found and removed endometriosis. Hope that relieves some, if not all of her pain for a while. Hey...and guess whose parents didn't show up to see her in to surgery?:-/

I guess they play Brahm's lullaby over the intercom system when a baby is born, so I told J to listen for it, since they're at the same hospital.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#74349 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
I guess they play Brahm's lullaby over the intercom system when a baby is born, so I told J to listen for it, since they're at the same hospital.
That is very cool. Unless you work there and have heard it 4,000 times.

Location hidden

#74350 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
And my SIL had her laproscopic surgery this morning. Found and removed endometriosis. Hope that relieves some, if not all of her pain for a while. Hey...and guess whose parents didn't show up to see her in to surgery?:-/
Wait, what? I'm 44.5 and my mom would be there for even a routine surgery such as your SIL had.

Location hidden

#74351 Oct 11, 2012
WEir,d there was a post here from sam about the Brahms recording, I tried to reply, which took me to a generic chicago topix page, then I came bcak here, and her post is gone.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74352 Oct 11, 2012
I still see Sam's post.

I remember hearing it one of the first times my mom was hospitalized after diagnosis and going "Damn, I wish I was here for something like that instead..."

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74353 Oct 11, 2012
Healthy baby girl, 5lbs 6oz. Caroline.

Location hidden

#74354 Oct 11, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very cool. Unless you work there and have heard it 4,000 times.
Just like working retail has ruined Christmas music for me, pretty much forever.

Location hidden

#74355 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Healthy baby girl, 5lbs 6oz. Caroline.
Nice small healthy baby, and a lovely, oldfashioned but timeless name!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74356 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, what? I'm 44.5 and my mom would be there for even a routine surgery such as your SIL had.
Uh, yeah, mine too. My mom didn't even miss softball games. And when I was older and had to go to urgent care for a bad cold or something, she'd offer to go with if she wasn't working, because she didn't want me to wait alone.

Perspective. It changes over time. I had/have pretty darn good parents.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74357 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like working retail has ruined Christmas music for me, pretty much forever.
Me, too. Although, the Brahm's thing is maybe, what, 5 times a day? Probably less. I could deal with that. Christmas music in retail is a six-week-long ear rape.
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#74358 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that stinks. There is an album by George Winston (piano player) called December that is my go-to for the holiday season.

Location hidden

#74359 Oct 11, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that stinks. There is an album by George Winston (piano player) called December that is my go-to for the holiday season.
Christmas music without singing i can handle. I have an acoustic guitar CD by Billy McLaughlin (local musician who had to relearn how to play the guitar with his opposite hand because he acquired a syndrome that fried his brain pathways, leaving him unable to use his primary hand!).

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74360 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
I think that makes the kiddo exactly one month early. Water broke two weeks ago tomorrow, but A wasn't in labor. I always thought they deliver within 24-48 hours of the water breaking, but I guess as long as there's no sign of infection, you're good to go. So A's just been chilling in the hospital for the last 13 days. Must have shown some sign of infection, because they're taking her quickly. The other day, the baby was estimated to be around 5 lbs, 8 oz. And of course, they gave her 'roids to help develop the baby's lungs.
Really? Yes, you need to deliver before 24 hours is up otherwise infection will set in. Perhaps that's old fashioned thinking, I don't know. Still...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 219,250
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min TRD 70,820
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Obama is a joke 1,402,974
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 37 min dragoneye82 35
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,544
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,841

Addison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages