Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,003)

Showing posts 720,041 - 720,060 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

gerbilLNyerBUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you help me spell gerbilnyo b u t t?
Its important to that debil wacko...he be needn help!
Baaawwwaaahhhh!!!!!

Applause!
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who is a nurse is going to make less than a male who is a computer programmer.
It's not that, cough, hard to understand.
Obama made a huge mistake by not clarifying this. Fortunately, enough lawyers did. Look it up if you even care enough about the truth.
Wow, you really are stupid if that's what you think the issue is. It's when a male nurse makes more than a female nurse...same years of experience, same number of hours.

Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Invalid analogy, dumb carol...a male nurse usually does make more than a female nurse; programmers tend to be treated more equally.
Wrong. You are an idiot.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting the newcomers get a chance to laugh at you.
The only people who laugh in the face of indisputable facts and prestigious studies are the easily fooled.

I'm used to that.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
On here maybe but not necessarily in the real world. Even in an MSNBC focus group, half the audience acknowledged they were switching over to Romney after the second debate. They represent a whole lot of other people.
And the last debate is on foreign policy.
I wish they would use a backdrop of our embassies burning and the Al Qaeda flag flying over four (not just one) of our embassies.
I hope Obama says something stupid like "Al Qaeda is on the ropes."
Well, that's one phrase he has to drop.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Flack only exaggerated a 100 million or so.
The way he was acting I thought it was complete tea bag lie.
What do you use to clip the hair growing out of your ears?

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
This from Exxon after the first presidential debate:
October 4, 2012
To hear President Barack Obama in last night’s first presidential debate, you would think he was running against ExxonMobil this November given his tendency to single us out for criticism.
In a discussion of ways to address the federal deficit, the president repeated incorrect claims that ExxonMobil receives what he termed “corporate welfare.”
Because we’ve been pulled into this debate, I feel like asking the moderator to let me respond with several points.
The first is that ExxonMobil receives no special treatment in the U.S. tax code.
What the president often calls subsidies for “Big Oil” are legitimate tax provisions that apply to virtually all American manufacturers and producers. In fact, companies like ExxonMobil actually are specifically disadvantaged: The oil and gas industry deduction under section 199 of the tax code, for instance, is lower than the deduction allowed for nearly all other U.S. manufacturers.
The president has said he wants to remove these provisions for the oil and gas industry entirely – a punitive proposal that would do nothing except raise the cost of producing the energy that America needs to support economic recovery.
2011 Exxon earnings in the US 9.6 billion dollars
2011 Exxon taxes to US government 12.3 billion dollars
Keep in mind, too, that ExxonMobil’s U.S. tax expense amounts to more than $1 billion per month. In 2011, our total U.S. taxes of $12.3 billion exceeded our U.S. earnings by almost $3 billion, and our effective income tax rate in the U.S. was 31.4 percent – far higher than many critics have claimed. We are a large corporation with a disciplined business approach that has generated substantial earnings for our shareholders as well as energy for millions of U.S. consumers. Our earnings may be large – but so are our taxes.
Finally, there’s one more thing we do with the money we earn: We re-invest it. ExxonMobil plans to spend close to $37 billion for each of the next five years on forward-looking projects to develop the energy supplies the world will need in the decades to come.
Much of that money will be spent right here in the United States, which is why the Progressive Policy Institute recently hailed ExxonMobil as an “Investment Hero“ for our substantial U.S. capital investments.
Misleading attacks on oil companies like ExxonMobil have become a staple of some candidates during election time. And while such an approach may produce sound bites for the evening news, they do nothing to provide voters with the fundamental facts about the U.S. energy industry or the many ways we contribute to our nation’s economic growth, public treasury and international competitiveness. Thank you
Dear Mr.Exxon, glad to see you are doing so well. Please return that subsidy since you don't need it. Thank you.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats are trend setters in this area.
Here we go with the finger pointing. Republicans can't take responsibility for anything they do can they?

Both sides do it... it happens with Politics in general.

Disagree?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who is a nurse is going to make less than a male who is a computer programmer.
Obama made a huge mistake by not clarifying this. Fortunately, enough lawyers did. Look it up if you even care enough about the truth.
The Lilly Ledbetter Act focuses on equal pay for equal work Carol.

Are you saying that programming computers and nursing are equal forms of work???
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
Poll among likely voters shows Romney leading 52% to Obama 45%.
No candidate above 50% in mid October has ever lost.
Obama campaign in death spiral.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Hussein Obama turned the tide in President Romney's favor....and then Plugs Biden turned the tide into a flood....

stick a fork in Hussein Obama....

RCP now has President Romney leading 47.7% to 46.7%....

and leading 206 to 201 in the Electoral College....

North Carolina moves to President Romney.....

landslide approaching....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-endorse what? Did I miss something?
Are you going to be okay if Romney wins? I just don't want to have to be worried about my liberal topix BFF...who used to make me laugh a lot.
Paul Ryan ya ditz!

He withdrew his endorsement, you on the other hand are thrilled that this jackass made the statement and gone above and beyond trying to justify. You've spun it in so many directions and taken sh!t out of context and made false acussations about Phil and I.

Good lord woman get your head out of your behind, here was the story, if you have an issue with it take it up with Paul Ryan, bitch at him for withdrawing his endorsement, question him, make all these false accusations towards him.-

Paul Ryan withdraws endorsement after controversial rape statement

VICTORIA CAVALIERE

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Wisconsin lawmaker lost the endorsement of Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan on Thursday after he claimed that “some girls, they rape so easy.”

Freshman Rep. Roger Rivard told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his comments, first made back in December to Chetek Alert newspaper, had been taken out of context.

The newspaper quoted him as saying his father warned him "some girls rape easy,” meaning girls could decide they regretted a sexual encounter and call it rape.

Seeking to clarify the remarks on Wednesday, Rivard again repeated them.

"He (my father) also told me one thing,`If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,'" Rivard told the Journal Sentinel. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say,‘Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said,`Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said,‘they rape so easy.'"

Hours later, Rivard’s camp issued a clarification to the clarification, calling rape a “horrible act of violence.”

But the backlash was quick and severe. Rivard, who is locked in a tight race with Democratic opponent Stephen Smith, lost the support of key Republican figures, including Paul Ryan.

“State Representative Rivard's comments are outrageous and offensive," Ryan's congressional campaign spokesman Kevin Siefert said Thursday. "There is no place in our discourse for rhetoric such as this,” the statement adds.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-10-11/ne...

The jackass who made the comment now even deplores his own comments -

Hours later, Rivard’s camp issued a clarification to the clarification, calling rape a “horrible act of violence.”

I'm begging you to turn of the 'no spin' zone, it's making you dizzy!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be "bear" not "bare" repeating, and it doesn't...what might be noteworthy in an eighteen-year-old study would be the number of false accusers, not the commonality of their motives.
Okay. Thanks.

Bare naked, bare knuckles, bears repeating...got it.

But you know how it is sometimes when you're in a hurry to make a point on here...as I've had to point out in some of your posts as well...and I know you appreciate it too.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>If we Democrats did not remind you Repubs what it was like for America when it was losing 750,000 jobs per month you might elect someone that would have the same ideas and do it all over.
If you were able to tell us how Obama fixed the job market and economy after having four years in office, two of which were a Democrat Supermajorty, I WOULD NOT KNOW YOU ARE A MORON.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So forced fk is OK in Carol's world?
You get dumber by the day lady__this thread has destroyed your soul and mind just as I said it would back around post 25,000 when your needy self wandered over here.
She is absolutely unbelievable. I'm hoping it's just her insulin is a little low.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go with the finger pointing. Republicans can't take responsibility for anything they do can they?
Both sides do it... it happens with Politics in general.
Disagree?
Yes. Any questions?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in denial. Maybe men should really get to know the women they are sleeping (consenually) with to avoid having this situation happen to them.
Phil I’m sure you've heard this before “Hell has no fury like a woman scorned “

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I sick? It's the Republican candidates who come up with a new rape story every day; what do you attribute that to?
Rape is not sex, it is control and hatred of women. Have any Democratic candidates made rape comments? No. It's a republican thing so own it.
Tom Smith, GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'
Todd Akin told a TV interviewer Sunday that women’s bodies are almost always able to prevent pregnancy in cases of “legitimate rape.”
Friess: This contraceptive thing, my gosh it’s such inexpensive, back in my days we used Bayer aspirin for contraception, the gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.
GOP lawmakers seek to legally redefine rape as “forcible rape” so fewer women will qualify as victims
Another GOP lawmaker (surprise, surprise) worries that women will claim rape just to get abortions
Pundits and lawmakers: Forced ultrasounds are OK because women already consented to be penetrated when they got pregnant.
When women sign up for the military to hang out with aggressive dudes, they are asking to be raped
Santorum and Huckabee are all about rape victims taking one for team “Life.” Let’s not forget our Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, respectively, think rape victims should “make the best” of it and see the unwanted child as a gift and sometimes cool people are conceived in rape.
"silly"
BULLMANURE!!!!
Peace
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I called Romney a chickenshit chickenhawk--no homophobic reference there. I notice with the "bathhouse boy" you managed to double down homophobia and racism--not a pretty sight...
Hussein Obama will be a footnote to history...an experiment gone bad.....too bad he could not put aside his prejudice and represent all Americans....
tampons 4 obama

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>If we Democrats did not remind you Repubs what it was like for America when it was losing 750,000 jobs per month you might elect someone that would have the same ideas and do it all over.
Change is coming....indeed!

Im getting changed out in Nov!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

uring a June 2012 conference call with the National Federation of Independent Businesses – Mitt Romney told employers that they should make it clear to their employees who to vote for this election. As Romney said,“I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections…Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 720,041 - 720,060 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Addison Discussions

Search the Addison Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min Terry rigsby 48,821
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min LRS 174,410
Abby 7-22 33 min Cass 5
Voice of God Weapon 34 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min RACE 97,508
Bridge work delays could impact Carol Stream sc... 48 min Ann Andrews 1
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 50 min Drone me 1,852
•••
•••
•••
Addison Dating

more search filters

less search filters