Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1349025 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#678706 Jul 6, 2012
"You can conduct byzantine transactions through opaque investment accounts and private corporations in offshore tax havens such as Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. Or you can credibly run for president at a time of great economic distress.

I don’t think you can do both."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#678707 Jul 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
God is of the spiritual realm...which is the "other realm" my astrology professor inadvertantly blurted out.
It's the spiritual world that always stumps mortals down here on this little planet floating around in space.
We didn't know why the Sun went across the sky so we assigned a god to the task. Now we understand why the Sun appears to travel across the sky so we don't need a god to do the job any more.

You're still assigning a god to everything you don't understand. Rational people just accept there are some things they don't understand yet.

What's ironic is that there's probably an evolutionary component to this propensity towards belief. Its undeniable that belief systems did a lot towards uniting human groups and this ability to organize groups is the key to our evolutionary success. So, you probably have an instinct towards belief just like you had an instinctive fear of the dark. Are you still afraid of the dark?

Location hidden

#678708 Jul 6, 2012
BRONACH wrote:
<quoted text>
Which proves that liberal trash like yourself have developed a taste for feces and not only endure eating it, but enjoy eating it.
Am I wrong in assuming this means you've surrendered the argument?

Judges?

When we get this sort of response to an argument does it indicate surrender?

Location hidden

#678709 Jul 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do or do not Irani children learn in school and in mosques cute little sing-song melodies that demonize Jews in the lyrics?
Do or do not Irani tyrants call America the "Great Satan" and Israel the "Little Satan"?
Since you defend Iran as some kind of victim, answer these two questions before calling anyone else stupid.
I don't know and you certainly don't know. People like Pamela Geller are telling you all sorts of BS and you like the sound of it so you buy it.

What I do know is that Israel has openly threatened Iran and Iran has said they would defend themselves from attack.
mr owl

Euless, TX

#678710 Jul 6, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I wrong in assuming this means you've surrendered the argument?
Judges?
When we get this sort of response to an argument does it indicate surrender?
No,
He told you to eat poo poo dummy!...
Hahahaha
I'm a phrekkin bird and I figured that out....
mr owl

Euless, TX

#678711 Jul 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
"You can conduct byzantine transactions through opaque investment accounts and private corporations in offshore tax havens such as Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. Or you can credibly run for president at a time of great economic distress.
I don’t think you can do both."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene...
I'll tell romney to stop hiding money off shore, if you will tell your relatives to stop using foodstamp debit cards for vacations in europe...deal?

Location hidden

#678712 Jul 6, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Ron Paul not run in 2012 as a Libertarian?
Ron Paul is of the "change from within" school. I've always been of the "change from without" but don't begrudge his strategy, he's enjoying more success than my side of the discussion is. I just hope some of his success spills over to we on the outside.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#678713 Jul 6, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a better one. Google "Obama blames".
OMG, the very nerve. Blame the guy who left office with the worse recession in 80 years, a near financial meltdown, a housing collapse. record debt, unfunded tax cuts, unfunded medicare expansion, and two quagmire wars.

Why would any of this sh*t be Bush;s fault?

Location hidden

#678714 Jul 6, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Ron Paul not run in 2012 as a Libertarian?
Afterthought:

An endorsement for Gary Johnson after the GOP Convention would be huge.

New Oxford, PA

#678715 Jul 6, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the left's reasons for stating "fewer will vote"?
Not everyone without a photo ID will get one.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#678716 Jul 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick any of the voter photo ID laws.
Then deny fewer will vote.
RealBrainer is so unrealistic about eligibility when voting, so happens to be an ID for obama Tax-n-Care page 58, gives permission and "may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identification card,” to show eligibility for services.
-
No identification card.. No health services... No ID.. No vote you idiot..
-
LOL...'If it ain't broke'...- Fix it until it is'...
-
obama "TAX-n-CARE"...
-
The serendipitous "GIFT" that just keeps on giving...
-
It's the culture...
Florida

Lithia, FL

#678717 Jul 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, the very nerve. Blame the guy who left office with the worse recession in 80 years, a near financial meltdown, a housing collapse. record debt, unfunded tax cuts, unfunded medicare expansion, and two quagmire wars.
Why would any of this sh*t be Bush;s fault?
Majority leaders Pelosi and Reid were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Congress you idiot when W left office..
-
The crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid cooked up and produced nothing but poison for America when W was in office, something, a poison even a sellout obama still can't recover from today you moron...
-
AND... Since the recession started 4th quarter 2007, with a democratic majority Pelosi and Reid Congress takeover thru 2009 including unemployment never going under 8% in 42 straight months still to this day under a sellout obama...
-
List the legislation that Barney & Chris Dodd or other majority democrats passed that would have prevented the worst recession, this libtard mess, your retarded mess, losing 700,000 jobs per month, in 80+ years when 'w' handed over the keys to the WH and would have CLOSED GITMO?<--- You retard...
-
Yes YOU Can YOU Moran!!
-
'If it ain't broke'...- Fix it until it is'...
-
The serendipitous "GIFT" that just keeps on giving...
-
It's the culture...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#678718 Jul 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
As a teenager (as your article points out) Romney hunted rabbits with his cousins on a ranch in Idaho and shot quail recently. Which gives him experience as a hunter.
Doesn't necessarily make him an expert hunter.
Your excuses for Romney are as ridiculous as the excuses you made for Gingrich, Trump, Cain and the rest of the clowns you supported.
Twist and turn all you like. The guys a flat out liar, forget "fip flopper". While you make excuses for his daily "pretzel twisting' contortionist routine the Republican Party is hitting the panic button.

Time for One More Flip-Flop

By W. JAMES ANTLE, III on 7.6.12 @ 6:10AM

Flip-flops have hurt Romney in the past because they have made him look like a phony. But here it is Romney's current position that makes him look phony, while sounding stubborn and incoherent to boot. This is one Romney position where a long overdue change would do him good.

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/07/06/one-...
The American Spectator

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#678719 Jul 6, 2012
Tenzing,
Someday when you are lying on your death-bed, you just may miraculously open your eyes and see the light.
But maybe not. At least in your particular case.
But who cares about you anyway?
The Big Bang? You are completely off your rocker.
loose
mr owl

Euless, TX

#678720 Jul 6, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know and you certainly don't know. People like Pamela Geller are telling you all sorts of BS and you like the sound of it so you buy it.
What I do know is that Israel has openly threatened Iran and Iran has said they would defend themselves from attack.
Israel has nuclear weapons/a huge force mutiplier...so supporting Iran makes you and Iran losers...
Nature....i eat the mouse...not the other way around.
Evolution ensures this fool..

I bet you are like 4 ft tall....
Florida

Lithia, FL

#678721 Jul 6, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Afterthought:
An endorsement for Gary Johnson after the GOP Convention would be huge.
The de-facto standard for a self-loathing troll is a hidden location Detzing...
-
It's the culture..

New Oxford, PA

#678722 Jul 6, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What is shameful is your blatent misrepresentation of the truth and then calling others liars.
60 Min Interview:
KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.
KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. That’s right. Yes.
KROFT: I mean, that’s–that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?
Mr. SOROS: Not–not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t–you don’t see the connection. But it was–it created no–no problem at all.
KROFT: No feeling of guilt?
Mr. SOROS: No.
KROFT: For example that,‘I’m Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.’ None of that?
Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c–I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn’t be there, because that was–well, actually, in a funny way, it’s just like in markets–that if I weren’t there–of course, I wasn’t doing it, but somebody else would–would–would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the–whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the–I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.?(George Soros, 60 Minutes interview transcript, December 20, 1998)
http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/09/23/what-i...
As a boy.

He was hiding from the Nazis. His new "father" had the job of tallying the Jewish estates the Nazis were taking. He took his "son", Soros with him when he could not leave him at home.

To take these tragic events as a young boy & declare hm a Nazi Collaborator is just wrong.

I'll add you to the list of dumbass Beck lovers.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#678723 Jul 6, 2012
mr owl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell romney to stop hiding money off shore, if you will tell your relatives to stop using foodstamp debit cards for vacations in europe...deal?
Obama campaign senior adviser David Axelrod on Thursday hammered Mitt Romney over his offshore bank accounts, calling the former Massachusetts governor the “most secretive candidate that we’ve seen, frankly, since Richard Nixon.”

“The only reason to have these accounts is to shelter your taxes,” Axelrod told ABC News.“The question is, exactly what did he pay, and I think that he — there’s only one way to answer that question. If you don’t have anything to hide, why not just release that information? And Gov. Romney really doesn’t have a good answer for that.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries...

Yes, you should have that talk with Mitt.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#678724 Jul 6, 2012
Iran Derangement Syndrome

Irrational fears stymie diplomatic success--and shift focus from a more dangerous Pakistan

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
mr owl

Euless, TX

#678725 Jul 6, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your excuses for Romney are as ridiculous as the excuses you made for Gingrich, Trump, Cain and the rest of the clowns you supported.
Twist and turn all you like. The guys a flat out liar, forget "fip flopper". While you make excuses for his daily "pretzel twisting' contortionist routine the Republican Party is hitting the panic button.
Time for One More Flip-Flopk
By W. JAMES ANTLE, III on 7.6.12 @ 6:10AM
Flip-flops have hurt Romney in the past because they have made him look like a phony. But here it is Romney's current position that makes him look phony, while sounding stubborn and incoherent to boot. This is one Romney position where a long overdue change would do him good.
http://spectator.org/archives/2012/07/06/one-...
The American Spectator
Stop making excuses for your idiot and we'll stop making excuses for ours...
OR...
If obama can 'evolve' on same-sex marraige...romney can evolve on what he thinks obamacare is....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 2-14 16 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Fair Game 57,339
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,662
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 7,346
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,850
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ferrer assessment 101,447
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques Ottawa 207,775
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Addison Mortgages