Father charged with murder of daughter, 8

Full story: Chicago Sun-Times

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS A Clarendon Hills man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of his 8-year-old daughter last Sunday, according to a release from the DuPage County State's Attorney's ...
Comments
121 - 132 of 132 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2010
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Former classmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

Judged:

I knew Neil from grade school through high school he hardly socialized and I just can't understand how someone from such a nice home turned out to be such an evil person how could he hurt his precious child. Some of us from the class of 83 have talked and we all agree something isn't right. Why on earth didn't his wife Lisa check on the daughter and ask why he cut his hand. Why did she manage to think straight after such a horrifying experience of having her child killed by her own husband how on earth did she think clearly enough to settle her assets so neil couldn't get to them and manage to file for a divorce immediatly why didn't she do all that sooner and save the daughter's life. It just doesn't add up and no one understands why. Why has it been well over a year and a half since there has been any up dates on this case and I hope he sits in a padded cell for the rest of his life sober and alone and thinks about what a horrible thing he did to his own flesh and blood. I couldn't imagine. I was never able to have children and this just horrifies me that people kill their own children. God watch over his son and keep hsi son safe from any harm.
bbb

Palos Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

i dont understand why any of you would even think that lisa would have anything to do with this ... if you truly knew lisa like some of you say you do then you would know that she had nothing to do with it... and neil was not right in the head at the time but he has not always been like that... once again think about what you have said before you actully post it you probly dont realize how many people you are hurting with your comments...
i am a 17 year old high school student and i knew neil and i knew him before the insident happend and i know that he was a good guy so please think about his family and friends before your post this
thank you
Aiko

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

When will justice be served?
Liflorn

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

Former classmate wrote:
I knew Neil from grade school through high school he hardly socialized and I just can't understand how someone from such a nice home turned out to be such an evil person how could he hurt his precious child. Some of us from the class of 83 have talked and we all agree something isn't right. Why on earth didn't his wife Lisa check on the daughter and ask why he cut his hand. Why did she manage to think straight after such a horrifying experience of having her child killed by her own husband how on earth did she think clearly enough to settle her assets so neil couldn't get to them and manage to file for a divorce immediatly why didn't she do all that sooner and save the daughter's life. It just doesn't add up and no one understands why. Why has it been well over a year and a half since there has been any up dates on this case and I hope he sits in a padded cell for the rest of his life sober and alone and thinks about what a horrible thing he did to his own flesh and blood. I couldn't imagine. I was never able to have children and this just horrifies me that people kill their own children. God watch over his son and keep hsi son safe from any harm.
Just another common example of someone whose a "Christian" that is so quick to offer their judgment and vindictiveness to the world.
Jonny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

This is just horrible to read. How sad... Thoughts go out to the little girl who's in a better place.
Jonny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

This is just horrible to read. How sad... Thoughts go out to the little girl who's in a better place.
Jonny

Montgomery, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

This is horrible to read.
Irritated

Harwood Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

I can't believe some of the things "adults" have written on this site. Really? Encouraging people to donate to Lisa doesn't mean that people in Clarendon Hills try to cover things up with money. That comment is beyond ridiculous. I knew Neil and his whole family. I always though he was a little weird but who isn't. I never would have thought he could ever do anything like this and I never thought he would hurt his own kids. He will be punished and that is the end of it. Lisa has and will be punished enough whether he deserves it or not. She will never have Lauren back and I am sure the pain she feels because of that is worse then anything anyone could do or say to her. Hindsight is 20/20 and it is hard to explain why you did or didn't do something. No one thinks "I should grab all my kids to go to the hospital because my husband might have killed one of them and if I don't check now it will be too late". There was nothing to even make that a possibility.

Besides that I have nothing else to say except that Neil is not crazy and he will be put to death. Just a matter of time
Mary L

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Judged:

Don't you think that if this guy was so cunning as to try to pin the murder on the neighbor and when that failed pretend that he was mentally ill that he also was able to con his wife that he was having a real medical emergency?

If the male neighbor had been the one to check on Lauren, Neil might have been able to get away with the crime.

This was a sexually motivated crime. You don't exorcize the devil by molesting a child and strangling her. IMO, she put up a fight or threatened to tell, and he silenced her.

I hope they did a forensic exam of Neil's computer.
Occupationall therapist

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

I know this is an old thread, but I had to comment when I saw that people are soliciting donations for the mom in this case. She is an occupational therapist, for God's sake. I am one too. Occupational therapists make anywhere from $60,000 to $80,000 a year. I don't care if she's not used to working full time.....she needs to get off her ass, move into a cheaper house, and make the most of her earning potential. I feel sorry for anyone who donated to her. They were duped and the money was probably used to pay her divorce attorney rather than to support her remaining child.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

There is a place in hell for that monster! How do not hear your child being killed a few rooms away as a mother we hear everything when our babies are born we don't sleep for months and when we hear the smallest noise we jump. I don't get she MUST have heard or felt something wrong I just don't buy it . And that also makes it her fault to if she couldn't have stopped him she could have done something it's our job as parents to protect our children. I'm sick to my stomach with this BS that it wasn't the mothers fault give me a break!!!
Dee

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

So sad! What a monster.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Addison Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Addison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••