Father charged with murder of daughter, 8

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS A Clarendon Hills man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of his 8-year-old daughter last Sunday, according to a release from the DuPage County State's Attorney's ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
a mom

AOL

#1 Mar 27, 2006
Hang him from the nearest tree!!
Ivan

Union, IL

#2 Mar 27, 2006
God will take care of this evil man.
Clarendon Hills Mom

Northbrook, IL

#3 Mar 28, 2006
We are so sadden to hear about Lauren's death. She was a beautiful young girl at Prospect School. May the angels take good care of her.

Our prayers are with the family during this tragic and horrific death.
Suburban Grandma

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2006
Ivan wrote:
God will take care of this evil man.
I think the other prisoners will take care of him first and rightly so!
Livid in Antioch

Villa Park, IL

#5 Mar 28, 2006
Is it me or others suspicious as to why the mom did not hear anything!? How could she have gotten her son to go with her to the hospital to care for her "monster" of a husband, but neglect to bring along her daughter!? Or to even check on her make sure she's okay?! There might be more to this story, but it smells fishy from what we're hearing! God bless Lauren -- it was too soon for her, but she is in a better place now.
Ci- Laguna Niguel

AOL

#6 Mar 28, 2006
Obviously, the man had a chemical imbalance or sickness. We should pray for all the family as they are all probably in shock. God Bless Lauren The mom I'm sure did not know what was going on. I live in a big house and you can be downstairs and not know what has happened. Obviously he was sick It is a very sad story. Pray for the family including Neil!
Jim

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 28, 2006
Ci- Laguna Niguel wrote:
Obviously, the man had a chemical imbalance or sickness. We should pray for all the family as they are all probably in shock. God Bless Lauren The mom I'm sure did not know what was going on. I live in a big house and you can be downstairs and not know what has happened. Obviously he was sick It is a very sad story. Pray for the family including Neil!
I agree. This is such a sad situation. Unbelievable! I knew Neil in grade school and high-school at Glenbard West in Glen Ellyn. He would have been the last type of person I would expect something like this from. I haven't seen him in 20 + years, but I'm sure there must be something more to the story. Something must have snapped. My prayers are with his family and him.
IL-AV

Chino Hills, CA

#8 Mar 28, 2006
Livid in Antioch wrote:
Is it me or others suspicious as to why the mom did not hear anything!? How could she have gotten her son to go with her to the hospital to care for her "monster" of a husband, but neglect to bring along her daughter!? Or to even check on her make sure she's okay?! There might be more to this story, but it smells fishy from what we're hearing! God bless Lauren -- it was too soon for her, but she is in a better place now.
No i was thinking the same thing. Why would the mother only take one child with her and not the other. If she was downstairs how could she not hear him doing something to her. She knew something was going on.
abc

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 28, 2006
IL-AV wrote:
<quoted text> No i was thinking the same thing. Why would the mother only take one child with her and not the other. If she was downstairs how could she not hear him doing something to her. She knew something was going on.
yea i have to agree with you guys the mother had to know what was going on
Jim

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 28, 2006
abc wrote:
<quoted text> yea i have to agree with you guys the mother had to know what was going on
So often in situations like this the mother will turn a "deaf ear" to what she doesn't want to admit is happening.
Sue

Westmont, IL

#11 Mar 28, 2006
This story is truly heart-breaking. I agree that something smells fishy. I cannot believe the mother would not even check on her daughter before leaving her with a sitter - and why take the son and not the daughter??? Our heart goes out to the family and to the neighbor who found Lauren - that must have been horrifying to find a child like that.
David

United States

#12 Mar 28, 2006
I grew up in Clarendon Hills, and it's very sad that something like this would happen there. My prayers go out to your town and everyone involved in this horrible situation. This world has become a very scary place. I hope it's not too late for our society to get back to better, safer, happier times.
Child Lover

United States

#13 Mar 28, 2006
I agree with the comments above. That child had to have been screaming and why didn't anyone hear? Even her brother who supposedly was upstairs at the time. Something is very fishy about all of this. I have a feeling that maybe he was abusing her. There is more to this story than meets the eye.
vic

Bloomingdale, IL

#14 Mar 28, 2006
This doesn't make any sense at all. That bastard should be tortured to death. Sick sick. I hope he dies screaming and burns in hell.
jasleen

United States

#15 Mar 28, 2006
Child Lover wrote:
I agree with the comments above. That child had to have been screaming and why didn't anyone hear? Even her brother who supposedly was upstairs at the time. Something is very fishy about all of this. I have a feeling that maybe he was abusing her. There is more to this story than meets the eye.
I agree its impossible that the mom didnt hear her they should question her.there is more to the story . i think the mom is probably involved cus y would u only take 1 child? thats just stupid somthing is in hiding.
jasleen wayne

United States

#16 Mar 28, 2006
Sue wrote:
This story is truly heart-breaking. I agree that something smells fishy. I cannot believe the mother would not even check on her daughter before leaving her with a sitter - and why take the son and not the daughter??? Our heart goes out to the family and to the neighbor who found Lauren - that must have been horrifying to find a child like that.
i totaly agree the mother isint a mother if u dont check on ure kids i hope she relizes thet its not only her husbands fault its also hers
he should be put to death
Horrified

United States

#17 Mar 28, 2006
Something is wrong with The mother not having known. I have known Neil Lofquist for 20 years, He has always bullied everyone around him. Ask his brothers and sisters. Lisa is hiding something. If she got Lars out of bed, she would of had to of passed Laurens room and the Bathroom, where they found laura Dead. We have been in the house. Why didnt she ask him how he cut his hand? None of this adds up. We fear for little Lars Lofquist, now in the mothers custody. In their hideout in Glen Ellyn. God protect the chicldren of this world, from Monsters like Neil Lofquist.
Barbara

Bloomingdale, IL

#18 Mar 28, 2006
Horrified wrote:
Something is wrong with The mother not having known. I have known Neil Lofquist for 20 years, He has always bullied everyone around him. Ask his brothers and sisters. Lisa is hiding something. If she got Lars out of bed, she would of had to of passed Laurens room and the Bathroom, where they found laura Dead. We have been in the house. Why didnt she ask him how he cut his hand? None of this adds up. We fear for little Lars Lofquist, now in the mothers custody. In their hideout in Glen Ellyn. God protect the chicldren of this world, from Monsters like Neil Lofquist.
Wow that is really crazy! What a monster I hope he gets what he deserves that sick ass bastard.
Mourning

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 28, 2006
I also believe the mom new more than what she's making it seem. Why take one child only? Maybe the father was abusing her, who knows. I pray that all will come to light, I especially pray for baby Lauren, she was still a baby, she's in good hands now. I am no one to judge, God takes care of that. All day today I was thinking about this tragedy, I couldn't get it out of my mind.
Horrified wrote:
renee

United States

#21 Mar 29, 2006
Come on the mother didnt hear anything,he must have covered her mouth real good nobody heard her screams.I dont know what to think,this is just horrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Addison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Tony Rome 1,115,621
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Brian_G 47,068
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 3 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Terry Serpico and Vito Scavo 4 hr zorro 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
Addison Dating
Find my Match

Addison Jobs

Addison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Addison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Addison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]