Bowling Green, KY

#1 Aug 12, 2010
Just a few words to remember Mrs Pauline Pusser on
this day August 12th, 2010, her life taken away so
soon from her family...
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#2 Aug 12, 2010
I still believe that it was Pauline, not Buford, that was the intented target that day. There are too many things can not be explained by the versions of the story that Buford told regarding Pauline's death.
Mr Tibbs

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Aug 20, 2010
Was Mr. Pusser ever investigated for any of these
wrong doings he was accused of ? If so why didn't
they find something to convict him?
I'm sure being a officer of the law Mr. Pusser had
people who didn't like him, and the way chose to do
his job.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#4 Aug 21, 2010
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Was Mr. Pusser ever investigated for any of these
wrong doings he was accused of ? If so why didn't
they find something to convict him?
I'm sure being a officer of the law Mr. Pusser had
people who didn't like him, and the way chose to do
his job.
No thorough investigations were done and it seems to have been all about politics. For instance, when Buford killed Louise Hathcock and autopsy was performed by the State Medical Examiner. It was determined that Hathcock had been shot from the back twice and in the head once. According to Buford's own statements, his first shot was to Hathcock's shoulder. The report however showed this was an entry wound to the back of the shoulder, exiting out the front of the shoulder.

The second shot according to Pusser was to her torso. The autopsy report shows that this shot struck Hathcock below and to the left of her left shoulder blade and traveled diagonally across her body and exited below her right breast.

The third shot struck her in the jaw line and exited out the back of her skull. According to Deputy Peatie Plunk, Hathcock was lying on the floor when she was shot the third time.

When a grand jury was convened in this case, they were never shown the autopsy report. I recently interviewed one of the people who sat on that grand jury. I was told that they were never told that a autopsy was performed on Hathcock. Since there were no eye witnesses to the shooting, there wasn't much testimony for the grand jury to hear and they made a decision to return a "no true bill" against Pusser based on the information they were given.

When Sheriff Pusser shot and killed Russ Hamilton, there were again, no eye witnesses. To my knowledge, no autopsy was performed on Hamilton. A grand jury was also convened in this death, but again as in the Hathcock shooting, the grand jury was given little information and again Pusser was cleared.

In the death of Pauline Pusser, there was oddly enough, no autopsy, which concerned TBI Investigator Warren Jones. There were many questions left unanswered by the investigation.

Jones was aware that the Pussers were having marital problems and had been separated, leaving him with questions regarding why Pauline was with Buford on that early morning call.

There was blood spatter on front end of Pusser's car as well as the hood, outside windshield and roof of the car. Investigators were concerned as the Pussers were, according to Buford, inside the when they were shot, making it difficult for investigators to understand why so much blood was on the outside of the car in the various locations.

At the second ambush scene, shell casings were all found together in one small area on the opposite shoulder from the Pusser vehicle. Had the shooting occurred as Pusser described with the shooter sitting in the front passengers seat of the alleged Cadillac that was used in the ambush, one would have expected to find the shell casings ejected either inside the Cadillac or in the middle of the road, but no behind and on the drivers side of the Cadillac and certainly not in a confined area.

I have questions about the alleged ambush that Buford's statements fail to answer. He said he had stopped on the road to check on Pauline. He stated that he opened his door and” they were on me again". Buford was in a parked car, still sitting behind the steering wheel with the door open when the alleged Cadillac pulled along side him and fired approximately a dozen shots at a range of only three to five feet..., and they hit him once.

The TBI investigation in the death of Pauline Pusser cultivated several of the usual suspects, but no arrests. One suspect and an old adversary of Buford's..., W.O. Hathcock volunteered to take a polygraph and is said to have passed it as did his wife Larece.

Continued:
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#5 Aug 21, 2010
Continued:

As I stated earlier, there was no autopsy on Pauline. According to then State Medical Examiner Dr Jerry Francisco, protocol was for the local medical examiner to request an autopsy and the District Attorney General had to concur on the need for one. According to Dr Francisco, there was apparently no agreement between these two individuals that an autopsy was needed.

Many people suspected that Buford himself had murdered Pauline. To my knowledge, no paraffin test was conducted to see if Buford had fired a gun that morning and no polygraph examination was ever administered to verify his version of how the ambush occurred. Pauline's death remains an open case.

As far as charges of corruption, several people have come forward and admitted to making Payoffs to Pusser to be allowed to operate their enterprises outside the law. As far back as 1981 Skeet Adkins was quoted in the Condo News that he and his wife Katherine made such payments regarding the operation of "Katherine's Club".

Diane Vance, Buford's stepdaughter, reported in a magazine article written by Cammy Wilson that Buford hid quantities of illegal whiskey around the Pusser residence.

Vance also reported to Wilson that Pauline and Buford were having problems the night before the alleged ambush and that Pauline had called her where she was staying in Memphis and asked her to come home.

Many people believe that Pauline was planning to leave Buford. One of Pauline's best friends has said Pauline intended to report Buford's corruption to the FBI and TBI. That could be motive for her murder.

In short, I don't believe there ever was a thorough investigation into many of the allegations against Sheriff Pusser. While Warren Jones of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation tried to look into many of these issues, it seems his efforts often fell short due to the lack of interest and cooperation and even road blocks placed in his way by local political figures.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#6 Aug 21, 2010
Today marks the 36th anniversary of Buford's fatal accident. I have often wondered, with all of the fame the "Walking Tall" movies brought Buford, What would his life be like today if that accident not have happened and he were still alive?

Would all of the fame the movies brought Buford have provided him with a comfortable life or would all the people researching his life brought enough questions to have fueled an investigation to bring such things as the August 12th ambush to a close?

Would he now been seen as a hero or as a villain when the truth came out regarding certain events?
Atoyia barnes

Tomball, TX

#7 Dec 21, 2010
Mike Elam get a life please and leave my family alone!
Atoyia barnes

United States

#9 Dec 23, 2010
Ok whatever mike. I know it's a true story. You may not have agreed with what he stood for, but I know he was a good man. People that have told me you have contacted them trying to talk to them about my grandfather, they all tell me you are crazy! I just think it ridiculous that you have nothing better to do then look up peoples number and call them and ask crazy questions. People are very upset about it. So we all know what you think about him so now you can shut up.
Whats the big deal

Memphis, TN

#16 Jan 1, 2011
So what, if ever fact isn't a fact concerning BP. So what some stories were enhanced for your viewing pleasure. Every historical figure has so called facts distorted concerning their lives. If truth be known Abe probably wasn't so honest and George never chopped down a cherry tree, so who really cares if everything is true or not. In a few years the BP legend will be dead anyway.
Whats the big deal

Memphis, TN

#20 Jan 1, 2011
Mike, are you really Louise Hathcocks nephew?
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#44 Mar 24, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
Hey Pusser Supporters: How do like the way he avoided the Elam/Vance issue. Went right around that one took everything into another direction. Stop and think about this, for a moment. What person would have a stronger agenda than the stepson of Buford. Mike Vance. Pauline's son, by her first marriage. Especially, if this person believed that Buford was responsiable for Pauline's death. Would a normal person interested in a topic, follow it for six years, travel, spend money and steadily attack Pusser. Don't think so. This is something someone would do if they were connected to the situations directly, dating back prior to 8-12-67. Again, I simply ask this question. "Is Mike Elam and Mike Vance, actually the same person?". What happened to Pauline's two kids after she died? We know Dawana was with Buford and his parents. I'm not being mean or ugly here, with this but this is something, I think should cleared up. If Elam and Vance are not the same person, then fine. On the hand, if they are the same person, it's understandable.
LOL.., Contact Dwana and ask her if Mike Vance and I are the same person. That should put your little fairy tale to rest.
David

Humboldt, TN

#45 Mar 24, 2011
How in the world could Plunk say Hathcock was lying on the floor when she was shot through the head? There were no eye witnesses to this shooting either.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#47 Mar 31, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
"David", you may read anything on this topic but don't believe everything. Remember, the topic leader is an idiot with a wild imagination. Your the enemy if you don't agree with him. I've yet to see anyone that is laughed at more than Elam by other law enforcement folks. LEO's are still getting a laugh and then some when they read some of his "Research" work.
David...,what ca96ms forgot to say is that most LEOs who have researched this stoory closely do agree with me. Ca96ms has an integrity problem.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#49 Apr 1, 2011
The ones who take a serious look at this story and the available evidence actually tend to agree with me.

There are of course those people such as yourself who claim to be a former LEOs but refuse to provide proof as such. They post the kinds of criticisms that you do. Who can take those people seriously if that can't even provide proof that they are what they claim to be! You have had your chance to prove that you are a former LEObut you have not done so. You are the joke..., admit it.
David

Lexington, TN

#50 Apr 2, 2011
The third shot struck her in the jaw line and exited out the back of her skull. According to Deputy Peatie Plunk, Hathcock was lying on the floor when she was shot the third time.

I'm not now or ever been a LEO, but I am also not a fool, now was Peatie Plunk in the room when Hathcock was shot? I also read where Plunk described Hathcock falling, hitting a chair, knocking it over, and falling face up on the floor, how does he know this? Now, how many of these LEOs taking a serious look at available evidence agree that that was the way it happened taking into consideration that Plunk wasn't in the room and couldn't testify to any of the details that happened in the room. It is statements like this causes me to question yor credibility and motives.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#51 Apr 3, 2011
David wrote:
I'm not now or ever been a LEO, but I am also not a fool, now was Peatie Plunk in the room when Hathcock was shot? I also read where Plunk described Hathcock falling, hitting a chair, knocking it over, and falling face up on the floor, how does he know this? Now, how many of these LEOs taking a serious look at available evidence agree that that was the way it happened taking into consideration that Plunk wasn't in the room and couldn't testify to any of the details that happened in the room. It is statements like this causes me to question yor credibility and motives.
Plunk was alegedly outside with the Vogels when Hathcock was shot. He is simply repeating Pusser's version of things. I have a recorded interview of Plunk where he also claims that Hathcock had a hole in her back "big enough to stick a door knob in" even though her autopsy report shows this as an entrance wound...,not an exit wound. This proves to me that Plunk was not a reliable source of information.

Did you also know that the Vogels lived near John Pusser, Buford's brother, in Illinois? Makes you wonder about their involvement in the Hathcock shooting.
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#53 Apr 22, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
The woman was shot in self defense. Period. Get over it or tell why your really so interested in the Hathcocks.
Self defense? How do we really know that? According to the autopsy report she was shot twice in the back. The grand jury investigating her death were not informed of the existence of that autopsy report. They made their decision without ever having seen all of the pertient evidence. Again..., self defense?
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#55 May 22, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
Elam, why are you so interested in Louise Hathcock? What was her BAC at the time of her death? According to some folks around McNairy County, all she lacked being the devil was a pitchfork, horns and a tale. As one deputy stated, "She was a bitch but Jack Hathcock was a good man". We discussed this over and over. SELF - DEFENSE!... Get over it!

And many people around McNairy County have some very negative things to say about YOUR HERO Buford as well. Their descriptions of Buford are often much more graphic than yours of Hathcock.

What was Buford's BAC at the time of his death? Hmmm?

Why are you so interested in learning only one side of this story???

SELF DEFENSE?....BS!
mikeelam

Rogers, AR

#57 May 24, 2011
ca96ms wrote:
Elamite, you already know the BAC on Pusser. Talk about one-sided. Your one to be saying that after your 6 year revenge project against Pusser. Self defense? That's old news and you already know the answer to that as well. She pulled the trigger on Pusser twice.
You see ca96ms, this is where you catch yourself up in your own lies. You know that I question if Louise Hathcock ever fired a shot after Howard Carroll stated that he heard Pusser's .41 magnum fire BEFORE he heard Hathcock's gun discharge. Carroll also said he heard Louise begging for her life. Why won't you hoenstly debate Hathcock's autopsy report and the order of the shots Buford claimed he fired?

Likewise ca96ms, I am not coducting a revenge project here..., I am looking for the truth. Tell us, do you think the only way you can win this debate is by telling lies? You said you had researched this matter..., where are the reults of your own reseach?
Road Runner

Lima, OH

#58 May 24, 2011
mikeelam wrote:
<quoted text>
You see ca96ms, this is where you catch yourself up in your own lies. You know that I question if Louise Hathcock ever fired a shot after Howard Carroll stated that he heard Pusser's .41 magnum fire BEFORE he heard Hathcock's gun discharge. Carroll also said he heard Louise begging for her life. Why won't you hoenstly debate Hathcock's autopsy report and the order of the shots Buford claimed he fired?
Likewise ca96ms, I am not coducting a revenge project here..., I am looking for the truth. Tell us, do you think the only way you can win this debate is by telling lies? You said you had researched this matter..., where are the reults of your own reseach?
Other than movies, books, and DVDs what research have you done. Please, tells who you have spoke with about this. I know Mike and myself have binders full of our research. Please, tells us about yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adamsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest guys in Hardin County (Feb '11) 1 hr msmacmillion 197
Cher 4 hr Polly Ester 6
Josh Steakley is a dumbass 5 hr Fraud 6
Whats the difference in kkk and naacp? 6 hr Tina Simpson 42
Josh Steakley promotes a protest at savannah co... 7 hr Casey 23
Jacey McMeans 7 hr Casey 7
massimo utv (Jan '13) 7 hr rkbeezpop 161

Adamsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance