Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
5,901 - 5,920 of 8,978 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
lcgrows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Of course they should why should we spread disease when we have a way to stop it ! Narrow minded people will always not want to do the norm.

“Unknown”

Since: Sep 12

Kingsport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

HINT HINT...

WE do have an option on this manner. It is just a waiver of rights they are trying to enforce. It is NOT a law in any shape or form. Please quit taking everything you read and taking it for literal face value. Do your own research on everything and you will see truths, unless you refuse them.
lolyers

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't admit it, but I know in my heart that te shots caused it. He never cried until the night he got sick.
Honey, if he never cried, he had severe problems that didn't start with a vaccine. Babies cry, it's the only way they have to communicate.

I'm sorry for your loss, but doctors were not to blame for your child's death. And telling people not to get their children vaccinated is a selfish, dangerous thing to do. Do you want every parent to suffer as you have suffered? Do you have any idea the kind of diseases and deaths that modern vaccines have practically made extinct? Ask your grandparents how many of their friends developed polio and spent their lives crippled or in iron lung wards. Take a look at the infant mortality statistics for 100 years ago, or 50 years ago, or heck even 20 years ago and compare them to today's.

“Unknown”

Kingsport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

I wonder where all of those diseases came from? Hmmmmmmmmm..... I guess it only seems logical to believe they come from thin air or a sick animal in another country, and that just sounds so reasonable.

Ever think, that just MAYBE, a "crazy" person thinking this now. Our own scientist make these diseases, have an immunization made at the exact same time, but make you pay dearly for them and the hospitals service?

We have had the cure for AIDS and Cancers for many many years now and even have a patent on everyone of them. But why would we even administer them, when the government can over turn massive profits on peoples suffering and gullible ways of thinking.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in until he had the shots then when he got em his intestinal tract twisted into knots. That night he could not hold food down. Had surgery n lasted two weeks. They won't admit it, but I know in my heart that te shots caused it. He never cried until the night he got sick.
CDC:

The study of Merck’s rotavirus vaccine (RotaTeq) and data from Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) by Penina Haber, MPH, and colleagues from the CDC was presented here during the 51st Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.

“We were able to verify 518 reports, about 9% of all reports to VAERS. Of those, 272 reports (about 44%) occurred within 1 to 21 days of vaccine receipt and 176 (about 58%) of the 272 cases were within 1 to 7 days after vaccinations,” Haber, an epidemiologist with the CDC, said during her presentation.“Large active surveillance studies would be needed to further evaluate these findings, but the benefits of the RotaTeq vaccine in the US would outweigh the small risk of intussusception if confirmed.”

In February 2006, RotaTeq was approved for use in US infants. According to the first-year review of adverse events reported to VAERS, no increased risk of intussusception following RotaTeq was detected. However, a potential clustering of intussusception cases reported within 1 to 7 days of dose 1 required continued monitoring, according to Haber.

The "small risk" was probably your child, the CDC calls this "an acceptable loss for the greater good."

Doesn't feel so acceptable when it's your child.
Frankie

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in until he had the shots then when he got em his intestinal tract twisted into knots. That night he could not hold food down. Had surgery n lasted two weeks. They won't admit it, but I know in my heart that te shots caused it. He never cried until the night he got sick.
How heartbreaking.:( I ache for you.

I believe my child's regression into autism is related to the vaccine given just before the regression.
smokes

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

dont know if i agree with it
Suzy

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
How heartbreaking.:( I ache for you.
I believe my child's regression into autism is related to the vaccine given just before the regression.
So Sorry
thegrinch

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

hell naw
mommy

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

lolyers wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, if he never cried, he had severe problems that didn't start with a vaccine. Babies cry, it's the only way they have to communicate.

I'm sorry for your loss, but doctors were not to blame for your child's death. And telling people not to get their children vaccinated is a selfish, dangerous thing to do. Do you want every parent to suffer as you have suffered? Do you have any idea the kind of diseases and deaths that modern vaccines have practically made extinct? Ask your grandparents how many of their friends developed polio and spent their lives crippled or in iron lung wards. Take a look at the infant mortality statistics for 100 years ago, or 50 years ago, or heck even 20 years ago and compare them to today's.
Yes they were! He cried, but not like he was in severe pain like he did the night after his shots. The shots made his intestinal tract go into knots. I knew my own son. If it had been caught the next day or the next day he'd been fine. But dr brawley said it was a stomach virus n wouldn't put him n hospital until 4 days later. He was so week woken they done the surgery that he just couldn't make it. He latex their for a week n a half fighting as hard as he could. Dr brawley let him get too dehydrated n week before I made him send him to the hospital. Dr picket happened to see the records came by the hospital n sent him to children's that night. If I'd seen him the first day, my son would have been ok today! You will not convince me other wise so keep your opinions to your self! You are talking to me bout my dead son you a hole! Pick someone else to criticize!
mommy

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

lolyers wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, if he never cried, he had severe problems that didn't start with a vaccine. Babies cry, it's the only way they have to communicate.

and if you had really read my posts, you'd see that I had my other 3 children vaccinated. But they told me it was the shots!!!!
mommy

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

lolyers wrote:

It should be the parents choice!
mommy

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Also they didn't admit it but the doctors at children's said that it was probably too early to give him his shots and that's why it happened. We should have waited a few more months.
NO Vaccines

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

stop taking the tainted vaccines if you want to stop getting cancer and having mentally challenged children.
bristolbowl

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

It's hard enough to see a young child suffer a cold, why would anyone want their child to have whooping cough, mumps, measles, or ruebella? The cause of autism is unknown, how can they say having immunazation shots has anything to do with a child having autism? Makes absolutely no sense.
ButtPucker

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

bristolbowl wrote:
It's hard enough to see a young child suffer a cold, why would anyone want their child to have whooping cough, mumps, measles, or ruebella? The cause of autism is unknown, how can they say having immunazation shots has anything to do with a child having autism? Makes absolutely no sense.
i am sure the mercury, heavy metals and adjuvents are not good

“Unknown”

Kingsport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

bristolbowl wrote:
Well instead of worrying every time your child or children are sick do not feel pity constantly for them. Every single time your child fights off a cold by "their means" instead of inducing medicine, that child's immune system becomes stronger and stronger.So literally look at it as, no matter how hard it is, "my child is becoming stronger and stronger". Instead of the OH MY GOD NOT MY BABY! WE GOT TO FIX YOU, LETS FORCE FEED EVERYTHING THE DOCTOR SAYS DOWN YOUR THROAT, cause they SAID TO!" Yes I know it is hard knowing and watching your child suffer from cold and flus and some cases even worse sicknesses. But just remember it really is ok, it teaches them to be "tougher" at a younger age, and can handle sicknesses way better when they become older. Once they do get older they will say to themselves either say "meh this is not so bad, it will be over soon" or " MOM!!!!!! or DAD!!!! HELP!! im SICK!!

Every single time you use hand sanitizer you actually end up "hurting or weakening" your immune system. Our bodies regardless of age have ONE hell of a defense to sicknesses, and each time we use medicines we actually cripple our ability to fight off sicknesses better and better.

A proven fact that many doctors will NEVER admit to, for the simple reason of losing business. Is that you can actually cure your own body of diseases and cancers. Our bodies are amazing healing "machines". We put WAY too much faith in our doctors and their abilities. You got to remember they have their jobs to MAKE money also.

If you have never heard of the placebo effect before, look into it. Its a proven fact that our own mind and body can cure things out of this world and destroy diseases. There is no need to become a germaphobe" by any means, lots of people do not realize, when you are washing or sanitizing your hands alone, you are creating the mental blueprint that your "saving" yourself from all kinds of sicknesses. So in return your are tricking yourself and your brain is literally just putting out the extra enzymes to fight germs,bacteria and so on, every time you wash your hands alone. That process carries through all the way up to, going to the doctor and you think that you his remedies are what is really "healing" you and your children. Now do not get me wrong and say doctors methods are purely a sham or out to just "get you". Some doctors are wonderful "healers" and can do wonders for you. But the majority of so many ales and sicknesses comes from your own weakened immune systems, and you have THE ability to heal yourself.

YOU do not have to get your child vaccinated, their is many of waivers and petitions in effect, but it is LITERALLY not a law that ANYONE can enforce. You truly believe your going to children are going to be neglected of a REAL LAW of education, cause of not getting some funky ass shots? You can be your own childs worse enemy when it comes to their own health. Stop worrying when you hear stories on the news, cause they are based on shit media sources and even worse research.
ReallyReal

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

sir unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Well instead of worrying every time your child or children are sick do not feel pity constantly for them. Every single time your child fights off a cold by "their means" instead of inducing medicine, that child's immune system becomes stronger and stronger.So literally look at it as, no matter how hard it is, "my child is becoming stronger and stronger". Instead of the OH MY GOD NOT MY BABY! WE GOT TO FIX YOU, LETS FORCE FEED EVERYTHING THE DOCTOR SAYS DOWN YOUR THROAT, cause they SAID TO!" Yes I know it is hard knowing and watching your child suffer from cold and flus and some cases even worse sicknesses. But just remember it really is ok, it teaches them to be "tougher" at a younger age, and can handle sicknesses way better when they become older. Once they do get older they will say to themselves either say "meh this is not so bad, it will be over soon" or " MOM!!!!!! or DAD!!!! HELP!! im SICK!!
Every single time you use hand sanitizer you actually end up "hurting or weakening" your immune system. Our bodies regardless of age have ONE hell of a defense to sicknesses, and each time we use medicines we actually cripple our ability to fight off sicknesses better and better.
A proven fact that many doctors will NEVER admit to, for the simple reason of losing business. Is that you can actually cure your own body of diseases and cancers. Our bodies are amazing healing "machines". We put WAY too much faith in our doctors and their abilities. You got to remember they have their jobs to MAKE money also.
If you have never heard of the placebo effect before, look into it. Its a proven fact that our own mind and body can cure things out of this world and destroy diseases. There is no need to become a germaphobe" by any means, lots of people do not realize, when you are washing or sanitizing your hands alone, you are creating the mental blueprint that your "saving" yourself from all kinds of sicknesses. So in return your are tricking yourself and your brain is literally just putting out the extra enzymes to fight germs,bacteria and so on, every time you wash your hands alone. That process carries through all the way up to, going to the doctor and you think that you his remedies are what is really "healing" you and your children. Now do not get me wrong and say doctors methods are purely a sham or out to just "get you". Some doctors are wonderful "healers" and can do wonders for you. But the majority of so many ales and sicknesses comes from your own weakened immune systems, and you have THE ability to heal yourself.
YOU do not have to get your child vaccinated, their is many of waivers and petitions in effect, but it is LITERALLY not a law that ANYONE can enforce. You truly believe your going to children are going to be neglected of a REAL LAW of education, cause of not getting some funky ass shots? You can be your own childs worse enemy when it comes to their own health. Stop worrying when you hear stories on the news, cause they are based on shit media sources and even worse research.
You are 100% right. I started training my son to be resistant to falls by pushing him off of higher and higher things. He made it all the way up to 25 feet before he broke his neck. As soon as he gets out of rehab he's going to drive his wheelchair off fall creek falls.
The PoPo

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

immunizations should be mandated

“Unknown”

Kingsport

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

ReallyReal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% right. I started training my son to be resistant to falls by pushing him off of higher and higher things. He made it all the way up to 25 feet before he broke his neck. As soon as he gets out of rehab he's going to drive his wheelchair off fall creek falls.
Sweet !

In all seriousness though, you really went from immunizations to breaking bones? Glad you kept an open mind about my post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Adamsville Discussions

Search the Adamsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Irving 141,323
C.m and gf 1 hr smartandsexy 5
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Wat r we vote n on 8,590
Is Wesley Ward a good guy 3 hr Truth 3
local rednecks 3 hr Yyeepp 5
Looking for a good mechanic 4 hr Lone Ranger 10
Amba Clayton (Jan '14) Sun Hahahaha 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Adamsville Jobs

•••