Fire Marshal Investigating Late-Night...

Fire Marshal Investigating Late-Night Apartment Fire

There are 14 comments on the ThePittsburghChannel story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Fire Marshal Investigating Late-Night Apartment Fire. In it, ThePittsburghChannel reports that:

The fire marshal investigated a late-night apartment fire in Mercer County. The fire broke out late Sunday night at a three-story building in the 200 block of Main Street in Greenville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThePittsburghChannel.

Since: Mar 11

Mount Vernon, OH

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Maybe council should ask the owner of that building if he's glad there's a paid fire department.

Since: Apr 11

Kent, OH

#2 Jun 21, 2011
matteroffacts wrote:
Maybe council should ask the owner of that building if he's glad there's a paid fire department.
Amen to that brother!!!
Grateful

United States

#3 Jun 22, 2011
matteroffacts wrote:
Thank GOD for our paid fire department! This could have been a disaster. Other buildings in that area are so close...the whole block could have been a pile of ashes if not for the quick response from highly trained and experienced fire fighters at the ready to rescue and save.
Drama Queen

New Kensington, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2011
I for one love our firemen..I know some pretty well and I am proud of them!! I will fight for them for the safety of this town!!
Volunteer

United States

#5 Jul 26, 2011
Find another hobby, volunteers can do the job just as well if not better. This town does not need a full staffed fire house.
Drama Queen

Coraopolis, PA

#6 Jul 27, 2011
You are right,Volunteer,we support Hempfield fire department also..How do you propose to do this with volunteers?? Not too many have applied! You need to have warm bodies to fight a fire!! Are you going to apply??Have at it!! We will support you,too..
smalltown boy

Kent, OH

#7 Jul 27, 2011
Don't fix what ain't broken I say.
jason

Slippery Rock, PA

#8 Jul 6, 2013
the 1-2 paid guys at night can't put out a house fire on there own...they need their vol. brothers to back them up. SUPPORT UR VFD
erikka

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jul 6, 2013
Volunteer wrote:
Find another hobby, volunteers can do the job just as well if not better. This town does not need a full staffed fire house.
Couldn't have said it any better. Just need to be volunteers any other town around here is just that
Duke

Ennis, MT

#10 Jul 6, 2013
Greenville Fire is a first responder for Hempfield. Hempfield has paid fire because GFD is who comes in first to do the heavy lifting. And Greenvile is bankrupt yet it still wants to play big brother to surrounding areas.
Dudley

Canton, OH

#11 Jul 31, 2013
erikka wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have said it any better. Just need to be volunteers any other town around here is just that
Then you better go join up since you think you can talk the talk, walk the walk then.
the truth matters

Erie, PA

#12 Aug 6, 2013
Greenville FD has a huge lack of volunteers because their chief sets it up to deter people from volunteering. His psychical fitness test is so hard that most people can't complete it. He doesn't want volunteers. If he has a large number of volunteers it risks the jobs of paid guys.
honesty

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Aug 6, 2013
But that test keeps them all in shape it comes from a Pittsburgh based test. Most people in any other department won't do it cause they are to lazy but I think it needs to be an all VFD instead of paid.
Former Vol FF

Harwick, PA

#14 Sep 15, 2013
the truth matters wrote:
Greenville FD has a huge lack of volunteers because their chief sets it up to deter people from volunteering. His psychical fitness test is so hard that most people can't complete it. He doesn't want volunteers. If he has a large number of volunteers it risks the jobs of paid guys.
The statement above is completely incorrect. I was a volunteer firefighter when the former fire chief established the physical agility test back in the 1990's. The physical agility test is a requirement written in the Greenville Volunteer Fire Company by-laws as part of their application process. The membership of the Greenville Volunteer Fire Company voted to include this in their application process in their by-laws back in the 1990's. The current chief is obligated to follow these by-laws. The physical agility test I took wasn't that hard. You could walk through it and finish it. Please get the correct facts before posting incorrect information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adamsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa & Paul Mussi (Dec '15) May '17 Sylvia Davis 8
News Suspected Carfentanil seized in Mahoning, 2 chi... May '17 heroin 4 hillbillies 1
Spectrum Mar '17 Taryn Harris 1
News It's a circus out there (Oct '16) Oct '16 Carbon 4
News Busch Gardens' original burgermeister, Robert B... (Nov '09) Oct '16 Daniel Regan 4
News Sidney Shaw Will Replace "Cowboy Rick" As The C... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Pebble 1
Trump for Freedom (Apr '16) Apr '16 Conservative Woma... 1

Adamsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Adamsville Mortgages